PDA

View Full Version : ehorseX tales

horsemaven
01-15-2004, 02:00 PM
I've been wagering on the races at exchanges for about six months. I've had my ups and downs. The main problem is
liquidity. If noone wants your bet or lay even if you think, it's a fair price, you are out of luck.The rule of thumb, in terms of price, is as follows: demand 20 per cent premium on all horses going off at 10-1 or lower, take the board price or higher on all others.

Today, in the first race at Gulfstream, #6 Take Me There looked like a longshot possibility with underrated rider Rene Douglas aboard. The sharp works were what had me interested. I asked for 40-1 at ehorseX about 12 minutes to post. I checked back with four minutes to go and my bet was untouched. But I did notice that someone was offering 25-1. I lowered my bet to 35-1 and went to watch the race on my computer. All I knew is that I had the horse on two pick three tickets.

Take Me There stalked the pace, went by on the turn and opened up lenghts at mid-stretch. I had no idea when she crossed the wire whether I "had" her at the exchange. I re-opened the exchange window. Yes! Someone in the world disagreed with my opinion. A net $800+ profit was the end result.

Mike

horsemaven
01-15-2004, 02:36 PM
I missed the second leg of the pick three even though I had four horses on my "spread" ticket The winner paid $13.20. Unhappily, one of six I used on that ticket in leg 3, jogged home at $60. The pick 3 paid a stunning $52,000.

Mike

linrom1
01-15-2004, 07:25 PM
That eHorseX sounds like a great idea, I think I'll ask for $3,000 for my old sofa on eBay.

Zaf
01-15-2004, 08:22 PM
I do not Rene Douglas is underated. I think he is an excellent jock.

This ehorsex sounds interesting. What is the URL ?

ZAFONIC

Gold Bay
01-15-2004, 08:30 PM
I would appreciate if anyone with experience or knowledge about the xchanges could share their thoughts.There is a book in RPMs Xmas catalog called Racing Exchange Gold also someone posted a link here recently to the authors website.Thanks in advance if anyone can contribute.

Buckeye
01-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Would you take $2500 for that sofa? ;)

Buckeye
01-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Gold Bay,
With ehorse "regular" you get at least a 3% rebate, so start from there. Pinnacle will rebate 7%, so you must exceed the track price by at least these amounts. You also need to factor in the commission that the exchange charges to match the bets. I ask for much more to start, and watch the prices converge. You can also "force the issue" by offering a marginally better price to your opponent as post time nears. Take the best deal you can get, a rebate plus the track price, or a matched bet minus the exchange commission.

Zafonic,
http://www.betehorse.com/Home.asp

Zaf
01-15-2004, 09:34 PM
Thanks , Buckeye