PDA

View Full Version : Obama campiagn sues to block military vote in Ohio

newtothegame
08-04-2012, 01:19 AM
To make sure I read and transalate the story correctly, it's to block extending EARLY voting which has always been allowed previously. And in Ohio none the less....Gee, you think the Obama campaign is now worried about Ohio....???

This will ultimately backfire I would think. Ohioans, like most other states, I wouldnt imagine will take kindly to attempting to surpress their young men and womens vote who are serving their country.....

Obama Campaign Sues in Bid to Suppress Military Vote

Friday, 03 Aug 2012 07:51 PM

By Todd Beamon

"In a move that could have an impact on the final result of the presidential election, Barack Obama’s campaign has sued Ohio to block a measure which extends early voting for members of the military.

The action brought quick responses from Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and as many as 15 military groups.

DeWine told Fox News on Friday that he found the July 17 action by Obama campaign, the Democratic National Committee and the Ohio Democratic Party “quite shocking."

The tradition for allowing special circumstances for military personnel in voting dates back to the civil war, he said."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Ohio-military-vote-Democrats/2012/08/03/id/447552

ArlJim78
08-04-2012, 11:31 AM
they're not too transparent are they?

Tom
08-04-2012, 12:16 PM
We don't really need to see his sealed records everywhere he ever was prior to appearing out the blue as a senator - his current actions as a complete POS are all any thinking person needs to know about him.

Stop the infestation of the White House by this rat-bastard.

mostpost
08-04-2012, 02:40 PM
To make sure I read and transalate the story correctly, it's to block extending EARLY voting which has always been allowed previously. And in Ohio none the less....Gee, you think the Obama campaign is now worried about Ohio....???

This will ultimately backfire I would think. Ohioans, like most other states, I wouldnt imagine will take kindly to attempting to surpress their young men and womens vote who are serving their country.....

Obama Campaign Sues in Bid to Suppress Military Vote

Friday, 03 Aug 2012 07:51 PM

By Todd Beamon

"In a move that could have an impact on the final result of the presidential election, Barack Obama’s campaign has sued Ohio to block a measure which extends early voting for members of the military.

The action brought quick responses from Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and as many as 15 military groups.

DeWine told Fox News on Friday that he found the July 17 action by Obama campaign, the Democratic National Committee and the Ohio Democratic Party “quite shocking."

The tradition for allowing special circumstances for military personnel in voting dates back to the civil war, he said."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Ohio-military-vote-Democrats/2012/08/03/id/447552

Before the Republicans passed the latest law, individual counties in Ohio determined their own rules for early voting. If you lived in Cuyuhoga county you might have different days for early voting than if you lived in Brown county. But everyone in Cuyohoga county voted under the same rules.

Republicans decided to change that allegedly because they wanted uniformity across the state. They said everyone should vote under the same rules. Funny thing tho. They ended the early voting on the Friday before election day, instead of ending it on the Monday before. Except for one group.

That group was military voters. Ohio's Republican leaders know that military voters tend to vote Republican. They are trying to give them three extra days to vote. That is a blatant disregard for the rights of other voters.

I do not know if the Obama campaigns's lawsuit asks that early voting end for everyone on the Friday or if it asks that it be extended through Monday for everyone. It would be best to extend it to Monday for all, but either way it is not fair to give anyone group three extra days to vote. No matter who that group might be.

Tom
08-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Yes, mostie, and Poland was asking for it, weren't they?

rastajenk
08-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Post Toastie, there's no bottom to the depths of your miserableness, is there?

TJDave
08-04-2012, 05:20 PM
That group was military voters. Ohio's Republican leaders know that military voters tend to vote Republican. They are trying to give them three extra days to vote. That is a blatant disregard for the rights of other voters.

Nonsense. Voting rights have nothing to do with it. BOTH parties manipulate voter participation...They're very good at it.

Actor
08-06-2012, 11:25 PM
To make sure I read and transalate the story correctly, it's to block extending EARLY voting which has always been allowed previously.
Wrong.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/05/axelrod-team-romney-launching-shameful-attack-on-voting-rights-lawsuit/?iref=allsearch