PDA

View Full Version : Being Home

Derek2U
01-15-2004, 11:04 AM
i'm working from my apt this morning. had a flight cancelled but
the technology makes it so cool 2 stay at home & tap into the
puter & talk 2 peeps etcetc. Q? Does anyone here work from
home regularly? Ive got a fax 2 puters & software 2 see my
co workers. hehe today is my 1st try out day.

Suff
01-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Derek2U
2 puters & software 2 see my
co workers. hehe today is my 1st try out day.

If you want to call your two ankle bracelets computers and refer to your House Arrest as working from home go right ahead.

Just make sure you follow the terms and conditions of your release or they'll send you back to france.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-15-2004, 02:32 PM
I've been working from home for 2 years now. Mix of good and bad. Depends on how your work and personal habits, workload, friends/family/social habits.

I'm really glad I don't have to commute any more. That helps. I also don't mind sleeping as long as possible, get out of bed, grab a diet cola, a bowl of dry cereal, and start working.

Critical warning for those living alone - bad personal habits get multiplied. Too easy to snack all day - I've had to stop buying snack food entirely, so that there isn't any in my home - wish I'd learned that lesson 20 pounds ago. :( Also too easy to stay home all day, unshowered/shaved, with only a quick trip (with hat on) to the burger drive-thru. ;)

I'm fortunate I don't feel compelled to follow the live races all day from home. Others may have a problem doing that. However, I have gotten rather addicted to this website, among others. Gotta stop checking for new posts so often!

It pretty much depends on how one mangages oneself, as well as one's work duties. The work duties, I've got down fairly well. Keeping myself well managed, well, I'm still working on it.

Being home alone all week makes me really glad to be at the track live with my friends on the weekends. Nice to actually be around live human beings, esp. those that enjoy racing. :)

Derek2U
01-15-2004, 03:53 PM
very informative I've worked just 2day from home & i can see
that it needs discipline. ive been on 3 of my fav sites all not
work related. hehe ...

kenwoodallpromos
01-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Tint your windows and you will not even need a hat!LOL!!

Dave Schwartz
01-16-2004, 01:04 AM
I have worked at home for almost 15 years. It is the greatest.

And having a wife that also works at home is the icing on the cake. <G>

Dave Schwartz

Tom
01-16-2004, 06:50 PM
I don't work at home, but I sleep at work :rolleyes:

JustRalph
01-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I don't work at home, but I sleep at work :rolleyes:

Tom....you should be writing for someone like Leno......

VetScratch
01-18-2004, 02:09 PM
D2U,

WurU spriZd 2B sent Hom bY cO wrkrs? :D