PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Spa 2nd Half

theguarantee
08-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Ended up with more time to myself this morning, maybe scratches will take out half my card again, but here goes it:

6) :6: Dutrow/Rosario well worth a shot here. No big fan of San Pablo, never have been. Actually find Isn't He Perfect and Alma D'Oro more worrisome. Be interested to see if he gets bet but I think 6/1 or better is totally fair.

8) :5: Castro gave this one a pretty indecisive ride in last on the drop. Couldn't catch the heavy favorite...two back against better got a decent trip but sucked along a bit and stayed on halfway decent racing inside on the stretch. Love the switch to Maragh here.Englehart not as good on turf but great with a bump up in class (though probably more of a first or second off the claim angle with him)..

9) :11: Back to Englehart and Rosario here. Big late move in last and gets another 1/2 f to work with here.Gaudy numbers from Englehart on this type of move and I feel like Garnet Street and Irish Exchange may get overbet here.

10) :7: Speed figures should let this one get lost in the shuffle. Like turfers with some speed that show gameness. Should be more pace in here than the last two and think Rosie will drop back a bit, tactics that have resulted in nice races a few back. Despite the slow pace in the last they finished fasttt.

11) :2: Just feel like taking a shot here as I was surprised to see Rosario turn up here and not on the Ward horse. Terranova can get lost in the shuffle at times, especially with some of the trainers in the mix here...good numbers first time, shows a few turf moves, one was quite quick. Not going to go crazy, but taking a small shot at what will be a nice price.