PDA

View Full Version : rangers 11, angels 10

ElKabong
08-02-2012, 12:13 AM
"I can't believe (pause) what i just saw"....

Only thing holding the halo's back is their Pen. Blow a 7 run lead, then score 3 in the 10th only to see Texas score 4 in the 10th...what a game

Bad side is, Yu looked scared shitless...not sure if that's b/c of a sore arm (usually the case with timid pitchers that have talent) or if he's intimidated by the Halos lineup

melman
08-02-2012, 12:18 AM
El---Tonight's Angel's/Rangers game is why I LOVE the game of baseball. NO STUPID clock. :) Not sure about Yu it was the walks that killed him. Angels got six of him on only 3 hits. Just to many walks. Whata game. :)

ElKabong
08-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Mel, looks like tonite is more of the same (unfortunately our Pen is getting wayyy too much work right now)

Poor Dempster...He's not in the NL Central anymore. Dude got shelled early and often. He had a 2.25 ERA this season in the NL, he leaves the mound with somewhere around a 15.41 vs LAA

And looked overmatched to be honest. Nothing he threw up there had an advantage on any of their hitters

Did you get to watch the SF-Mets game last night? Another one of a kind game, the Mets coulda shoulda scored 15 runs. Found ways to leave RISP

melman
08-03-2012, 06:18 AM
The winning pitcher for the R's last night was Roy Oswalt. Yup the same Roy Oswalt who was hit hard in game one of this series. So with two days, count em 2 days rest he comes in from the pen and pitches two scoreless innings. :) I'll give Dempster a PASS for that bad game. Look what happened to C J Wilson. His ERA was 2.68 entering the game and he got hammered also. Good to see the Rangers back to being the Rangers. During July there offense looked ordinary.Hamilton hit 150 for the month. Beltre saw his avg drop over 20 points. But then they turned the page to Aug. Result ----back to hitting the ball for extra bases. Last two games scored 11 and 15. Nice touch by the Rangers TV broadcast crew. They bring up prospect Olt and they interview the parents. Dad--Had to put in a few extra hours and my other son had to make last minute travel plans for us to get here but we make it. Mom--I had tears in my eyes. :) Nice to see Olt smoke a line drive hit his first time up.
Mets had to be one angry upset team. They went to this drill---load the bases hit into a double play. Then do it again and again. They felt better however after last nights game. They faced a wild Barry Zito and put up 9 on the board.

Valuist
08-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Just a bad game for Dempster. Bad location....too many easy pitches to hit.

Yes, the Angels have a strong lineup but I think Dempster was due to come back to earth. At the time of the trade he was 2nd in ERA in the NL. Part of that is the park. In April and May the wind is often blowing in at Wrigley and when it is blowing in, its as much of a pitchers' park as San Diego.

Marshall Bennett
08-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Damned wind. Playing havoc with my sprinklers this morning too.

anotherCAfan
08-05-2012, 04:14 PM
There goes the wind out of the Angels sails. They will miss the playoffs. Glad I missed this disappointing effort. :(