PDA

View Full Version : July 31- Georgian Down picks

moneymatt
07-31-2012, 07:10 PM
July 31- Georgian Downs- Picks
Race 1:

#2- Ok Firefly
This horse is a 2 year filly old who's getting her second start under the training of Menary. Her most recent qualifier was at Flamboro where he clocked a 2:01.3, but what caught my eye was the 58.4 back half. She's had one start since the qualifier at WODSK, and made a nice 1/2 to 3/4 pole rush first over closing a total of 9 lengths while first up. She finished third by 5, but it was a good debut and should be a lot better. This horse definitely has some major turn of foot. I really like her chances.

Race 5:
#2 Just Henry
This horse had his first start out at Flmb for trainer Bruce Goit. I saw the race and the horse won handily from post 7 and all. The horse seems to have a nice solid kick, so with the inside post, I would expect him to make a backstretch brush to the lead or sit a second over trip. He looks like he'll be a valid competitor in this group. I have high hopes for this horse.

Race 11:
#4 Donau
This horse has had only 6 start this season and is racing against some aged pacers. Out of those 6 races the horse hasn't even hit the board. Although I'm taking into consideration that the horse was in way over his head for all 6 of those start; they were at Mohawk. He had a month off before his most recent at Grand River, where the horse raced first up. It was a good tightener and I'm hoping this horse is back in shape and ready to go. He's a bit of a hunch play, but if he gets the "W" it'll be at hunch play price.
*Originally I was leaning towards the 1 horse(ONE MORE TIME).

Good luck users.