PDA

View Full Version : Could this woman be Canada's next Prime Minister?

trying2win
01-14-2004, 08:59 PM
--Just saw this article online about a Belinda Stronach. Guess who she's related to? How did she did get that executive position with a certain company? Must have been merit...wouldn't be any nepotism involved, right? Where did she get all her money from? I wonder if she could be Canada's next Prime Minister?

http://www.630ched.com/news/news.cfm?dir=national&file=n011467A&n=1

Trying2win

Tom
01-14-2004, 10:14 PM
This could be serious. If she does become Prime Minister of Canada, would the sale of Canadien Bacon be restricted to Magna diners only?:rolleyes:

cryptic1
01-14-2004, 10:17 PM
NO, without any equivocation.

Despite the amalgation on the right, the body politic in
eastern Canada is still decidely centre left. You cannot win an
election in this country without winning the majority of seats in
Ontario and Quebec. The new party will have a difficult time
achieving electoral success in the east without distancing itself from the former Alliance party and its platform.
All that having been said, Ms. Stronach has the suppport of some prominent behind the scenes players as well
as 'Willie' Clinton her luncheon guest at Pimlico, preakness day,(and rumoured paramour). Her father had a short unsuccessful
attempt at politics, perhaps she can out run her 'dosage'.

Politically ambidextrous

cryptic1

trying2win
01-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Tom
This could be serious. If she does become Prime Minister of Canada, would the sale of Canadien Bacon be restricted to Magna diners only?:rolleyes:

Tom,

--That was a good one! F-U-N-N-Y....

--How about?...If Belinda starts a website and you want to watch her various campaign speeches along the way on archived videos, do you think she'll ask for a fee on $4.99 U.S. per month to watch them online?...LOL....

Trying2win

JustRalph
01-15-2004, 12:40 AM
I am sure she will get plenty of advice from her friend Bill Clinton

VetScratch
01-15-2004, 06:13 AM
Alas, she's Canadian, because Belinda Stronach has all the attributes to be a neo-conservative answer to Hillary Clinton while possibly displacing the influence of the Pro-Life fringe by attracting female voters away from the ranks of conservative Democrats. More likely, however, in U.S. politics she would be more comfortable and most effective leading the Democratic Party further along its trend line towards conservatism.

She would also thoroughly confuse matters here on the PA board... where to go first... rant against her dad in the horseracing forums... or come to Off Topics to discharge some liver bile! :) :) :) :)

VetScratch
01-15-2004, 06:32 AM
BTW, I would discount the Clinton/Stronach romance rumors... there is no way Bill could handle such a big class jump. :)

doophus
01-15-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by VetScratch
BTW, I would discount the Clinton/Stronach romance rumors... there is no way Bill could handle such a big class jump. :)
Vet....

Great one!! For years we Rednecks have been aware of Bubba's classlessness.

George
Resident Redneck