PDA

View Full Version : The Big Red Machine

Beachbabe
07-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Cincy is baaaaaaack !!
They've got pitching to go along with some timely hitting. Have now won 9 straight without the "big guy", Joey Votto.
Cueto is first in the league in ERA. Bailey has developed an attitude. And Chapman is still throwing 100+ mph and has 94 strikeouts in less than 50 innings to go along with his 21 saves.
I know they've been beating up on the lower end of the league lately but they're winning games they used to lose last year.

Marshall Bennett
07-29-2012, 03:17 PM
A far cry from the Big Red Machine though.

Beachbabe
07-29-2012, 03:30 PM
A far cry from the Big Red Machine though.

There's one in every crowd ;)
Must be from Pittsburgh.

ElKabong
07-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Lot of Texas kids on that team. For that reason alone I got Directv's Extra Innings in 2010.

Olendorf (sp?) is from Shiner, did a good job out of the Pen last nite in Denver.

I was sorry to see them dump Janish, he's an excellent defensive SS.

From afar, the best thing that happened to that franchise was Castellini buying majority shares of the team. He was a minority owner here in George W Bush's team, then at StL with the Dewitt group (i think). Castellini's a hard driving guy, just what they needed

BlueChip@DRF
07-29-2012, 04:30 PM
There's one in every crowd ;)
Must be from Pittsburgh.

HA HA! WHO DEY!!!

Beachbabe
07-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Lot of Texas kids on that team. For that reason alone I got Directv's Extra Innings in 2010.

Olendorf (sp?) is from Shiner, did a good job out of the Pen last nite in Denver.

I was sorry to see them dump Janish, he's an excellent defensive SS.

From afar, the best thing that happened to that franchise was Castellini buying majority shares of the team. He was a minority owner here in George W Bush's team, then at StL with the Dewitt group (i think). Castellini's a hard driving guy, just what they needed

I think you mean "Ondrusek". He sure took care of Arredondo's screw up in the 7th.

ldiatone
07-29-2012, 04:54 PM
far cry from the "Big Red Machine"!

And I Am from Pittsburgh! :jump:
Pirates play cubs 3 games then a 3 game seris w/ the Reds. will be an interesting 3 games! both teams on winning streaks bucs 2 games back although i think astros win today giving Reds 3 game lead.

Beachbabe
07-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Ooops !!!
10 in a row (but who's counting?)

:jump: :ThmbUp:

ldiatone
07-29-2012, 09:48 PM
that 3 game matchup will be cool next weekend! all the "heads" keep saying
"watch out for the Cards" i think there not going to catch either bucs or reds. if the reds take the division ok... we'll take a wild card. interesting if bucs and braves for wildcard game.... at least chico lind-baby bonds-and belinda are not playing anymore... :eek:

Beachbabe
07-29-2012, 10:19 PM
that 3 game matchup will be cool next weekend! all the "heads" keep saying
"watch out for the Cards" i think there not going to catch either bucs or reds. if the reds take the division ok... we'll take a wild card. interesting if bucs and braves for wildcard game.... at least chico lind-baby bonds-and belinda are not playing anymore... :eek:

Looking forward to it !

Mailman
07-30-2012, 01:03 AM
According to espn tonight during game, cinn. and wash. were tied for best record in MLB. Wow! did not realize!

rastajenk
08-03-2012, 12:50 PM
14-3 since Votto went on the shelf; I don't suppose many saw that coming.

They picked up a new reliever with some good credentials, so the 'pen is even deeper, and it has been strong all year.

In other news, Marty Brennaman is supposed to get his head shaved on the field after tonight's titanic struggle. The whole city's a-twitter with anticipation.

ldiatone
08-03-2012, 06:05 PM
14-3 since Votto went on the shelf; I don't suppose many saw that coming.

They picked up a new reliever with some good credentials, so the 'pen is even deeper, and it has been strong all year.

In other news, Marty Brennaman is supposed to get his head shaved on the field after tonight's titanic struggle. The whole city's a-twitter with anticipation.
i think he said if the reds win 10 gms in a row he'll shave his head. listened to a sound bite of the call in the 10th win and he said well i guess i'll shave my head....
this is the series the bucs get back to a 1/2 gm of first :eek:

rastajenk
08-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Errrr....not :jump:

duncan04
08-05-2012, 01:04 AM
Reds are now 5 1/2 games up on the Pirates and hoping to sweep them out of town!! Best record in baseball!!

Oh and ElKabong, they got rid of Janish because he was blocked by Cozart. When Phillips and Votto get back, look out!! Phillips should be in the lineup today (Sunday)

ElKabong
08-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Just checked Cozart's Minors fielding stats, looks good. Aabout the same as Janish to be honest, but they must see something in Cozart to keep him and let Paul go......they look one and the same on paper, Cozart may have an upside paul doesn't

Bucs up 2-1 right now, another good game in this series

ElKabong
08-05-2012, 02:08 PM
wow...in a 2 minute span, Charlie Sheen jokingly announces he's running for Mayor of Cincy (says it's a real town / community unlike LA) on Fox OH during the game, then former Longhorn Drew Stubbs takes AJ Burnett over the wall to tie the game

This team is fun to watch, just like the 2010 group

ldiatone
08-05-2012, 05:22 PM
the 3 games were good. both teams are contenders. reds win the first two, some great pitching by the reds team but bucs didn't pitch too bad either. this was a bucco team in the last 3 gms of a 10 day road trip. pirates still up for a wild card. a lot of baseball to be played. and the reds get votto back shortly.

ps. im not complaining but gzeeee did the umpire gorman miss two calls???
inside the park homer, game one. and today, Marte on the wild throw to first in the 8th as he goes to 3rd. replay shows he missed the tag by at least a foot. oh well......SCORE MORE RUNS as the "BABE" use to say

Valuist
08-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Come playoff time, downgrade whatever team comes out of the NL Central. The Astros are beyond horrible. The Cubs, already bad, had a little momentum going until they traded a number of players away, have returned to awfulness. With so many games against divisional rivals, whoever comes out will have an inflated record due to these two abysmal teams. And lets not discount the biggest disappointment, Milwaukee who is in give-up mode now having unloaded Greinke.

ldiatone
08-07-2012, 05:24 PM
val, "IF" the bucs make the playoffs along w/ the reds both teams have some good pitching. AJ burnet, if he continues to pitch like he has in last 10 gms, has a chance for the cy young. reds 'pen best in nl w/ bucs 2nd. and there starting pitching is very good. also both teams have the NL MVP in 'Cutch and votto.
but the bucco have one more special "thing".....

ZOLTAN!

Valuist
08-07-2012, 07:29 PM
val, "IF" the bucs make the playoffs along w/ the reds both teams have some good pitching. AJ burnet, if he continues to pitch like he has in last 10 gms, has a chance for the cy young. reds 'pen best in nl w/ bucs 2nd. and there starting pitching is very good. also both teams have the NL MVP in 'Cutch and votto.
but the bucco have one more special "thing".....

ZOLTAN!

Kind of pulling for the Bucs now. I'm a Cub fan and a Brewer season ticket holder. Worst season imagineable for that combo, unless I was an Astro season ticket holder. Pittsburgh deserves a good season from the Bucs. They played decently last year up until the end of August then collapsed in the final month.

Marshall Bennett
08-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Reds and Nationals are tied for the best record in baseball.
Who would have thought?

ldiatone
08-08-2012, 04:56 PM
and which team has the best home record!?

ldiatone
08-15-2012, 07:32 PM
"the party's over"! bucs goin in the tank... :( :blush: now b lucky to b close to .500 this year

rastajenk
08-16-2012, 09:40 AM
In racing parlance.... Cheap Speed. :D

Rise Over Run
08-27-2012, 07:23 AM
"the party's over"! bucs goin in the tank... :( :blush: now b lucky to b close to .500 this year

The proverbial fork was put in the Bucco's season the day 0bama announced he was looking forward to a White Sox vs. Pirates World Series while campaigning in Pitsburg, just prior to July 4th I believe.

Valuist
05-14-2014, 05:23 PM
I kind of like the Reds to win the Central this year. Milwaukee has been a nice story but I don't see them lasting all season. In the race, sure. But not winning it. St. Louis got awfully lucky last year with about a .330 BA with runners in scoring position. That's come back to earth. The Reds just got Chapman back, and their bullpen needed some help. Pittsburgh was very fortunate last year winning a ton of one-run games. That evens out over time.

So guess which starting pitcher (minimum 400 IP) has the best ERA since 2011 after Clayton Kershaw? Its Johnny Cueto at 2.46. Yet nationally, he's not mentioned as one of the best. He's pitching at a Cy Young level this year.