PDA

View Full Version : FAIRGROUNDS:LEWISTON ME.LATE MONEY

blind squirrel
01-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Fair Grounds
Hub cut off at post time
By MARCUS HERSH
Beginning Thursday, Fair Grounds will impose an early cutoff on bets placed on Fair Grounds races at a wagering hub in Lewiston, Maine. Fair Grounds president Bryan Krantz said the track would stop accepting bets from there at zero minutes to post. A Fair Grounds race typically starts about one minute after that, and bets usually are taken up to the time the horses leave the gate.
It's hoped the cutoff will put an end to some late odds drops on horses in Fair Grounds races, including one last Saturday that spurred the track to change the handling of bets from Lewiston. Contracts between Fair Grounds and offtrack sites permit such restrictions, Krantz said. With wagering cut off earlier, the effects of large wagers significantly lowering a horse's odds would be visible to the public before a race.

In Saturday's first race, a horse named Hunter Cat was the subject of heavy late wagering. His odds fluctuated between 6-1 and 7-1 immediately before and during the race, but after leading from start to finish and winning by a half-length, Hunter Cat paid just $8.60 to win.

"The wagering affecting that race appeared to have come from the Lewiston hub," Krantz said. "There was that situation, and there are others we're looking into."

Suff
01-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by blind squirrel

"The wagering affecting that race appeared to have come from the Lewiston hub," Krantz said. "There was that situation, and there are others we're looking into."

I hear things... remember back before the Offshores were offering rebates I mentioned a little track in NH hampshire that has the largest simal menu of any track in North America? And they were offering "points"?

60 tracks....a day. in the middle of the Mountains of NH. I heard those guys and these guys are the same guy....

who knows,,,3rd party heresay.

Would you be surprised if You heard a Greyhound track with little to none LIVE running has the largest simal in the country?

Last year they ran June to Sept. Live grey hound... that was it.

blind squirrel
01-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Suff

60 tracks....a day. in the middle of the Mountains of NH. I heard those guys and these guys are the same guy....

Would you be surprised if You heard a Greyhound track with little to none LIVE running has the largest simal in the country [/B]

Is this track HINSDALE?I went there once when i was in that
area on business.

Suff
01-14-2004, 08:11 PM
http://www.simobet.com

player rebates,,,,

Lakes Region Greyhound Park offers rebates to all levels of players, whether you use our Telephone Wagering System or are an in-house player. We are unable to issue rebates of any kinds on certain tracks per their request, and the amount of rebate depends on your level of play. If you would like specific information on these or any other matters, please feel free to contact us at 603-267-7778 or use the following email link. lrgp@cyberportal.net

levinmpa
01-15-2004, 09:47 AM
Lakes Region is awesome. I lived in Manchester, NH for a year and had a choice of 20 minutes to Rockingham or 35 minutes to Lakes Region. It was a simple choice for me. Lakes Region offered every track, every day. They didn't have rebates back then, but their simulcast menu was the best I had ever seen. Better even than Philadelphia Park, which I rate #2 for simulcasting action. Rockingham on the other hand was a smoke filled dump with a very limited simulcast menu and very poor viewing of monitors.