PDA

View Full Version : Live in the Mid-Atlantic, Ohio River Valley or the Southeast?

DJofSD
07-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Get ready for some expensive power. Perhaps even some outages.

Details here. (http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/28/record-number-of-coal-fired-generators-to-be-shut-down-in-2012/)

Shemp Howard
07-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Thank you,Presidente Owe-Bama. Just please keep us safe!!!!!!! We;ll pay anything you ask, but please keep us SAFE!!!!!!!

DJofSD
07-28-2012, 01:10 PM
How's that Hope and Change working?

Hope you don't die during extremes in weather and Change is what you'll have left after paying the bills.

Tom
07-28-2012, 03:35 PM
There are only two sources of energy that can come close to meeting our needs in the foreseeable future. Coal and oil. No matter how much the "green meanies" whine and scream, there area NO alternative energy sources that are anywhere close to stepping up to the plate - -and none will be any time soon.

Yet the POS in charge and his moron followers keep tearing down our energy infrastructure with nothing viable to replace it with. All that matters to the idiot libs is feel good. This is why the core of the lib mind is take fro the rich, because they, themselves, are far too stupid to take care of themselves. They are leeches in need of hosts.

mostpost
07-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Get ready for some expensive power. Perhaps even some outages.

Details here. (http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/28/record-number-of-coal-fired-generators-to-be-shut-down-in-2012/)
How do you know that is going to happen. You seem to be assuming that those plants will not be replaced. But if you read the "according" link in your Daily Caller article you would find this as one of the reasons the coal powered plants are being retired:
Availability of the combined-cycle plant fleet. The availability of highly efficient natural gas combined-cycle power plants that are currently not fully utilized.
Natural Gas plants which are cheaper to operate and more environmentally friendly.

DJofSD
07-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Let's make a little bet about the next ten years. I bet there will be instances when there will be power shortages, and, it will be due to the old coal burner plants being shutdown.

mostpost
07-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Thank you,Presidente Owe-Bama. Just please keep us safe!!!!!!! We;ll pay anything you ask, but please keep us SAFE!!!!!!!

What an appropriate screen name! A Stooge who can't figure out that it won't matter how much money you have if you are dead. Enforcemant of the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards rule will prevent 130,000 childhood asthma attacks, but what do you care about that? You're not a child. Except in your posts here.

mostpost
07-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Let's make a little bet about the next ten years. I bet there will be instances when there will be power shortages, and, it will be due to the old coal burner plants being shutdown.

When were there major power shortages in this country? Oh yeah, I remember now. In California when the power companies shut the plants down to create
an artificial shortage and raise prices. Why are those companies retiring plants now. The answer is in the first sentence of your article "Facing declining demand for electricity" . It does also talk about stiff regulations, but if the power companies were to upgrade their plants they would pass the costs along to consumers.

The plants are being retired because they are too old and too inefficient. They will be replaced by plants that are cheaper to operate and more efficient environmentally.

Tom
07-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Nothing more pathetic that a tree-hugger yelling the sky is falling!:lol:

Actor
07-28-2012, 06:00 PM
There are three power grids in the U.S.: the eastern grid, the western grid and the Texas grid. This seems to affect the eastern grid.

Just thought I'd mention it.

bigmack
07-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Enforcemant of the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards rule will prevent 130,000 childhood asthma attacks, but what do you care about that? You're not a child. Except in your posts here.
Talk about a PoS number pulled out of the ass of EPA. Sounds like someone with a calculator not unlike yours sitting there - Let's see I'm going to need childhood asthma statistics and then I'll USE those to show 130,000 less attacks. (As if there is a stat for asthma attacks) Yeah. Even if the general public isn't dumb enough to believe that crap, I'll bet there's a retired postman that is. If we state that made-up figure, he'll go out and spread the word like a good tool. :ThmbUp:

DJofSD
07-30-2012, 09:05 AM
All of northern India suffers a power outage: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_INDIA_POWER_OUTAGE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-07-30-08-12-48

More people than the combined population of both the US and Canada without electricity.