PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations To Christina Olivares On Her Wedding Saturday

usedtolovetvg
07-26-2012, 09:49 PM
One of the few shining lights at TVG.

David-LV
07-26-2012, 10:48 PM
One of the few shining lights at TVG.

Lovely girl, wish her and her new husband the very best and a long happy life together.

_______
David-LV

Striker
07-27-2012, 12:18 AM
They had a pre-wedding celebration today, when her future husband won the 4th race today at Del Mar and the horse paid $37 to win.

lamboguy
07-27-2012, 01:55 AM
They had a pre-wedding celebration today, when her future husband won the 4th race today at Del Mar and the horse paid $37 to win.thats' certainly the best way

Canarsie
07-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Congrats to Christina and her husband to be. A lady who shows nothing but class and shines brightly on the screen.

I know Mike disagrees with me but she could have moved up the media ladder if she had chosen to. Her love of the game lets viewers of TVG watch a person who enhances whatever capacity she serves that day.

mannyberrios
07-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Congrats to Christina and her husband to be. A lady who shows nothing but class and shines brightly on the screen.

I know Mike disagrees with me but she could have moved up the media ladder if she had chosen to. Her love of the game lets viewers of TVG watch a person who enhances whatever capacity she serves that day.
Yes, I agree, Christina is a real horse racing fan, and a first class person

bigmack
07-27-2012, 04:13 PM
To heck with the sentiments. Buy 'em a cheese slicer or better yet, a monogrammable Cole & Mason electric salt mill.

http://www.amazingregistry.com/wedding-registry/Christina-Olivares/Dan-Blacker/Registry.ashx?a=72670062

Marshall Bennett
07-27-2012, 07:36 PM
She's been the only female at TVG worth watching since Jill Byrne left.
Best wishes Christina if you're reading.

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2012, 01:47 AM
I know Mike disagrees with me but she could have moved up the media ladder if she had chosen to.Do you mean me? I honestly can't recall having an opinion about her.

With that said, are you trying to say she has CHOSEN to stay where she is and not move onto bigger and better things by choice? I find that hard to believe.

usedtolovetvg
07-30-2012, 10:07 AM
are you trying to say she has CHOSEN to stay where she is and not move onto bigger and better things by choice? I find that hard to believe.

She would leave in a heartbeat if she had the opportunity. Remember, she burned the HRTV bridge, so where would she go? She certainly deserves better than TVG, Tony Allevato and his Band of Weary Men.

Canarsie
07-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Do you mean me? I honestly can't recall having an opinion about her.

With that said, are you trying to say she has CHOSEN to stay where she is and not move onto bigger and better things by choice? I find that hard to believe.

It's about time you answered. :lol:

That's what we have always debated so yes. Just take a look how she does interviews. Almost never bobs her head, doesn't stutter asking questions, knows how to hold the mike.

You really don't think she has been offered other jobs? She did some work for NBC if I recall correctly and was absolutely fine no complaints. Isn't her husband (I don't know ) a trainer or something similar? One has to assume (maybe wrongly) that she really loves what she does.

Let me make this a little fun if the mods don't mind. If TVG closed up shop tomorrow my opinion is she can get a media job really fast. Probably faster than anyone else on the network since Ken Rudolph left. Opinions?

tundral
07-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Shes bred for the job.

Striker
07-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Isn't her husband (I don't know ) a trainer or something similar? One has to assume (maybe wrongly) that she really loves what she does.

Let me make this a little fun if the mods don't mind. If TVG closed up shop tomorrow my opinion is she can get a media job really fast. Probably faster than anyone else on the network since Ken Rudolph left. Opinions?
Her husband is a trainer, Dan Blacker, and he was a competitive showjumper in England before coming to the US. And if Michelle Yu can get a sideline reporter/commentator job for college football within like a week or two after she was gone from TVG, then I would think Christina would have no problem finding something else on the air in a quick amount of time if she chose to.

depalma113
07-31-2012, 01:27 AM
Twitter is destroying America.

nijinski
07-31-2012, 05:42 AM
Shes bred for the job.

True , her father is Frank Olivares , former jockey who also became a trainer .

lamboguy
07-31-2012, 07:00 AM
She's been the only female at TVG worth watching since Jill Byrne left.
Best wishes Christina if you're reading.Donna Barton Brother's is the top Female horse race commentator, she has a great eye for horse flesh and she has lots of friends around racetracks. she is on the national programming for horseracing on NBC as well.

PaceAdvantage
07-31-2012, 09:07 AM
DBB has nothing to do with TVG though...

lamboguy
07-31-2012, 09:14 AM
DBB has nothing to do with TVG though...she works for them during the Keeneland meet, and also worked for them during the opening weekend at Saratoga.

PaceAdvantage
07-31-2012, 09:22 AM
she works for them during the Keeneland meet, and also worked for them during the opening weekend at Saratoga. Shows you how much I watch TVG then...lol

I'll shut up now.

lamboguy
07-31-2012, 09:40 AM
she's good, and so isn't Maggie. if you like to hear that type of stuff like i do. the shame is that those are the only 2 that give you a decent account of the physicality of the horses. the game needs more of those type on the air because its turning into a stay at home game and people like to know the looks in the paddock and out on the track.

if you go to saratoga, you will see big crowds of people looking at horses in the paddock and on the way to the track. that place is famous for that. there is a little spot right in the walkway of the clubhouse before the horses enter the track, you will see the "feet guys" staring at those feet trying to figure out if the horses foot is "a pancake" so they might love the turf. those guys try to catch first time turfer's that way.

Canarsie
07-31-2012, 10:10 AM
she's good, and so isn't Maggie.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt since you praised Maggie afterwards. Proofreading is always a good thing to practice.

Canarsie
07-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Shows you how much I watch TVG then...lol

I'll shut up now.

We need to team up and get Cablevision to carry NYRA. Any others that's would like to join in would make the effort more worthwhile. If it all could be done in a one day bombardment there is a slim chance. Last time I bitched they threw in a bunch of on demand movie channels for free which is basically worthless but a "bone" anyways.

nijinski
07-31-2012, 07:23 PM
I miss Jan Rushton . My Dad was big a fan of Charlsie Cantey as a analyst of the horses in the paddock.
Congrats to the Bride and Groom for a long happy marriage and continued success to Christina.

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2012, 09:54 AM
We need to team up and get Cablevision to carry NYRA. Any others that's would like to join in would make the effort more worthwhile. If it all could be done in a one day bombardment there is a slim chance. Last time I bitched they threw in a bunch of on demand movie channels for free which is basically worthless but a "bone" anyways. They do carry NYRA...on the OTB channel... ch 74...been on for what now? almost 20 years....

Canarsie
08-01-2012, 11:04 AM
They do carry NYRA...on the OTB channel... ch 74...been on for what now? almost 20 years....

They don't offer it in NJ. Thankfully I have NYRA Rewards and can watch from their web site and on mobile.

Now I'm jealous next time I call will have to throw a tantrum.