PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Harness Superfecta Pool

badcompany
07-24-2012, 12:13 AM
During my stay at Toga, there were two races in which bombs came in across the board and the Super paid over 30k for $2.

Saratoga Harness does a handle of about 150-180k a night. Now, if you do the math, dividing the handle by 12 races and across the pools, there's no way there was that much money in the Super pool.

An astute horseplayer friend of mine posited that one or two people caught the super for a dime and took down the whole pool which was probably 1500 or 3k.

If he's right and I believe he is, do you think it's ethical for the track to post the 30k figure when they aren't paying out anything close to that amount?

baconswitchfarm
07-24-2012, 02:50 AM
They all do it. I hit a tri at the meadows last month where they listed the two dollar price,while i had the whole pool for a dollar. The tiny tracks always list big prices with only crumbs in their pools.

badcompany
07-24-2012, 11:28 AM
They all do it. I hit a tri at the meadows last month where they listed the two dollar price,while i had the whole pool for a dollar. The tiny tracks always list big prices with only crumbs in their pools.

What makes it shady is that if someone actually did have a $2 bet on that Super it wouldn't pay the posted amount.