PDA

View Full Version : Colby Lewis, out for the year

ElKabong
07-23-2012, 07:36 PM
will need elbow surgery...HUGE blow to the Rangers chances

2012 rotation
Lewis (out for the year)
Harrison (has soreness / tightness in shoulder, velocity down)
Holland (1 start off the DL, wasn't sharp vs the Mariners)
YU (excellent)
Feliz (on DL, not expected to come back in rotation)

Addition
Oswalt (off DL, will miss tomorrows start b/c of back spasms and pain)

Move from Pen to Rotation
Ogando (went on DL for groin injury, has been hit HARD after coming back)

LAA caught some breaks, it's their race to lose now

Marshall Bennett
07-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Didn't realize things were that bad in their rotation. They have the lineup to score runs and looks like they'll have to shift into another gear to compensate. Feliz should have never been made a starter. He could have easily developed into the leagues best closer. Now they've wasted his arm trying to make him another Nolan Ryan.
Still like the Rangers chances. Believe they have the strongest lineup in MLB.

Striker
07-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Maybe they go after Greinke.

ElKabong
07-24-2012, 12:17 AM
As a patient Rangers fan (we've had to be over the years), I hope they don't make any moves to trade at all. Do the best you can the rest of the yr, then go for it in 2013....but a lot of pressure is on the Rangers and Daniels to "do something now" from the newly minted Ranger fans (re: transplants looking for entertainment)

I don't want to lose Olt. He'll be the piece that replaces Hamilton in next yr's lineup

I don't want to lose (Martin) Perez. He has potential to be a good #2 or #3 in 2014.

I don't want to lose Holland. "You don't give up on a lefty before age 30, esp the ones that had success already in the bigs"

These are the 3 that are talked about the most.....Just chill, take our beatings thru Sept, and come back strong with moves in the offseason. Nothing would make me more ill than trading for Hamels, then watching him resign with Philly....and Greinke- what good does an anxiety case do you in October??