PDA

View Full Version : High School Basketball

Bubbles
01-13-2004, 09:44 PM
O.K., my high school is facing its arch rival. They're down by three, with 35 seconds left. Some of our fans couldn't take it anymore, and started chanting "(BEEP) YOU NEWBURGH!" Game is stopped, fans were ejected, and we ended up losing probably because of that.

Fast forward to tonight. We're facing a much lesser school, and we're clobbering them. With two minutes left, talk started about a "(BEEP) YOU, PINE BUSH!" chant. I can't see the point. They're a much smaller school, we're EXPECTED to beat them.

What has happened to high school basketball? Heck, I'm a student at this school, and even I can't figure it out!

Tom
01-13-2004, 10:33 PM
Bubbles,
The fact that you are questioning this behavior is a good thing.
You have a good head on your shoulders. I hope when it comes to voting and breeding, you do both....and often. ;)

We need a lot like you to fix what my generation is leaving for its legacy. I definately want to meet you at the spa this year.

superfecta
01-14-2004, 12:05 AM
Can't find that much in school anymore,so it doesn't surprise me that such bad behavior happens.Hard to find it at home sometimes so it compounds the problem.I'm in agreement with Tom,the fact you find this puzzling behavior from your fellow students speaks well of you and your upbringing.