PDA

View Full Version : JCP: KOD

DJofSD
07-21-2012, 01:00 PM
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/07/19/jcpenneys-to-eliminate-check-out-clerks/

Call me old fashion, it won't hurt my feelings. Like others, appreciate store employees and prefer manned check out registers.

So, why do I still want to patronize a store that does not have check out clerks? Price? Selection? Value?

Sure, things change, and, as economics force companies like JCP to do things like eliminating check out clerks, I understand that, but, it does not mean I have to like it.

BTW, the vaunted CEO's prior experience with AAPL is not a big plus with me. More often than not, whenever I have gone into the local Apple store to ask questions, I have been disappointed. If the legacy of high energy sales people with limited knowledge and in depth experience is what is being brought to JCP, he can have it. I consider myself a knowledgeable and sophisticated consumer and to only get the kind of help I can get off of web sites does not "float my boat."

ldiatone
07-22-2012, 06:30 PM
i was just there friday and was told that the customer service counter is already closed :eek: and i noticed price "scanners" around. also there were very few clerks.

Tom
07-22-2012, 07:12 PM
The self-check out scanners are more friendly that the clerks.
If I pay less for the food, it's great by me.