PDA

View Full Version : calculator

crestridge
07-20-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm looking for a calculator, which will determine the pay out, when my wager is added to the pool. Dick Mitchell used to have a hand held computer determining Win, Place and Show prices, when wager money was added to the pool. But the calculator finally was corrupted, destroyed and I no longer have a device to accomplish such a task.

Anyone aware of such a device?

Big Bill
07-20-2012, 04:35 PM
crestridge,

Dick M. had old basic programs that could be put in a pocket computer. But you would have to enter pool info from a tote board and run the program. It was not connected to anything anywhere that would automatically update prices of win, place, and show with additions made to the betting pools.

Big Bill

crestridge
07-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Big

Yes, that's correct, and even that type of calc. would be ok. Just something to figure out the impact of my wager upon mainly, the win mutual.

Ray2000
07-26-2012, 08:51 PM
There is a package of shareware/freeware tools, calculators etc at Del MAr

http://www.dmtc.com/handicapping/tools/

that may fit your need, specifically the "Win Tool"

cj
07-27-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm looking for a calculator, which will determine the pay out, when my wager is added to the pool. Dick Mitchell used to have a hand held computer determining Win, Place and Show prices, when wager money was added to the pool. But the calculator finally was corrupted, destroyed and I no longer have a device to accomplish such a task.

Anyone aware of such a device?

Here is a spreadsheet that does what you want:

http://www.pacefigures.com/images/Bet2Pool.png

You enter data in the gray fields. The payouts aren't adjusted for breakage or minimums, but it wouldn't be hard to add.

crestridge
07-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Ray-CJ

Thanks so very much; very helpful!!

Crest

cj
07-27-2012, 10:43 AM
I updated this with a more logical layout and to adjust to 20 cent breakage and a minimum payout of $2.10.

Place and show is probably not possible now due to net pool pricing.