PDA

View Full Version : AUTOMATE

formula_2002
01-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Some one mentioned AutoMate as an internet tool.
I got a copy of the soft ware, thought about it for a few days, and then this AM I tried to program it.

So what am i able to do with it so far.

1. open a tote board web site.
2. select a track.
3. open the excata board.

all this with one key stroke.

Ultimate goal
Program betting.

what a world...

Que
01-13-2004, 09:44 PM
formula,

I'd be interested in hearing how you are progressing with this project. I gave it a try, even bought the "CherryPicker" book, but I couldn't get the examples to work. BTW, what Tote board are you using? Thanks...

regards, Que.

formula_2002
01-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Que, right now I'm using Bris.
I spoke with an America Tab supervisor to see if they offered such a program,, basically she said it would never happen.
I asked if they would have a problem with me trying to tie into them with a program, but I think she didn't understand what I was saying.

Que
01-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Formula,

I once asked YouBet the same question, i.e. if I could send my bets directly through their system. My reasoning was, what's the difference if I select all the proper screens and type in all the information, or if I simply automate the entire the process. Specifically, if I knew the format of the "package" that sends my bet back to their server, then I could automate the entire process--without the need for their user interface. Even if I screwed up the entire automation process, the only money I could lose would be my own. However, like BRIS I don't think they fully understood what I was trying to do. However, when I pressed the issue, they indicated that they wouldn't allow it for security reasons. The sad part is that you can get direct access to the NYSE, the NASDAQ, and even the foreign curreny markets; but if you want to place a bet at Aqueduct, you better have a lot of time--and be prepared to punch in a lot of numbers.

Que.

Jaguar
01-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Cue, I lived in Bangkok '73-'75. Worked for Business Review and Business in Thailand magazine. Also taught at the International School. Coached the soccer team.

Got chased by a wild dog a few blocks from Patpong one night. Looking out an upper window on Patpong I watched the cops rob a drunk G.I.

Many crazy and dangerous adventures. Went through the October revolution and lay on the floor of my apartment while hostiles fired bullets past my 3rd floor window on Soi Phipat.

Foreign young women were being robbed and murdered in their apartments. Naive American kids.

Saw hookers sell many tourists to the police. The women scored twice, selling joints to Germans and Australians and then collecting a dollar reward for fingering the fool to the police.

Had two secret agents living in my building, one british, one Australian. The Australian was spying on the Bulgarians in an apartment building a block away. The Americans- of course- paid the bills. The Bulgarians were catspaws for the Russians- and the Australians and the Thai CID(Criminal Investigation Division- their F.B.I- watched the Bulgarians.

I found the CID very professional and highly alert to their country's security. They had a way of making bad people disappear. Especially Communist agitators. Anyone working against the King might as well just cash in their chips and try to make it to the Malaysian border as quick as they can, 'cause chances are they are never going to see their mother again.

One day the police tossed my apartment, which I had been anticipating, since it was to be expected for a foreign resident.
They left the place slightly mussed up, so I knew they had been there. My maid always left everything neat as a pin.

The Immigration Police shook me down for a bribe every month for the 2 1/2 years I lived there. Even though I had a resident permit and a labor permit. The Ministry of Labor shook me down for a bribe when I went to renew my labor permit. When I entered the building, which was in the suburbs, I put all of my cash in my sock except for $45 in Thai baht.

The major demanded a cash payment in order for me to avoid arrest, SOP for those clowns. I opened my wallet and said "Gosh, I only have $45". He took the money. I went outside and took a taxi home. To this day he is wondering how the hell I got back to town with no money.

How about those magnificent doors on the Royal Temple, downtown? Amazing craftsmanship.

Nothing like sitting on the deck at the Oriental sipping frozen Margaritas and watching the sunset on the river. Across the way the mirror tiles on Wat Arun- the Temple of Dawn- reflect the flaming orange ball that the sun turns into at that hour. One of the dramatic sights not to be missed on this earth.

Lots of luck to you!

All The Best,

Jaguar

trying2win
01-14-2004, 02:08 AM
Jaguar,

--Some of your adventures in Bangkok sound like they should be re-enacted and shown on that TV show "Inside Edition"! Don't know if that program is still on the air though.

Trying2win

Que
01-14-2004, 03:27 AM
Jaguar,

Wow... you have some interesting memories. Of course, a lot has changed in Bangkok since you were here; but we still have a lot of wild "Soi" dogs. Being Buddhist, the Thai's won't get rid of the stray dogs so they just keep multiplying. I live pretty close to some of the places you mentioned--in the central business district, near Silom, Sathorn, Patpong, and Suan Lumphini park. I can actually see the turf course of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club from my apartment window. We also have a skytrain now that takes you around the city to avoid all the traffic. And a subway system will open this year. Bangkok is a pretty modern city, i.e. cable TV, highspeed internet access, etc..

Fortunately, I haven't had any of the problems (experiences) you have had. As far as the crime, I feel safer here than most American cities. However, the traffic cops are out in force supplementing their meager incomes; but since nobody obeys traffic laws here anyway there's always someone guilty of doing something to stop. There's really only one traffic "law" here that people try to follow, i.e. "don't hit the other guy." Everything else is optional, at least until you get stopped by the police. Luckily, I have diplomatic plates on my car, so as long as I don't hit the other guy I never get stopped.

As you experienced, Bangkok was (and still is) an interesting place. For example, where else can you walk past an elephant on the sidewalk and think nothing of it (albeit you don't see too many elephants in Bangkok anymore since the gov't is trying to keep them out of the city.) The nightlife is still very active, and all the bars, massage parlors, etc. are still here. The Wats and the Royal Palace are still the same, and I have done my share of sitting by the river sipping Singapore Slings. I even sample the nightlife on occassion, and I have even found myself in a bar full of gourgeous women, & watching ESPN or the Fashion Channel on TV--maybe I have been here too long :)

Best of luck to you too...

Que.

formula_2002
01-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Just and up date, I am not anywhere done with this. I am beyond automate (not that it didnt help, but in the short run, it didnt seem to help enough) and into some other software and programing, all of which I am struggling with.