PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga opening day 7-20-12

KidCapper
07-20-2012, 11:00 AM
A tough card for opening day at Saratoga. I'll see if I can dig up a couple winners today. I'll play the same as always..$10 WP on my top pick and roll the pick 3's for the dollar. The picks.....

Race -1 The :4: . 3rd time off the layoff for McLaughlin who hits at 29% with the move. Just missed as the favorite last out and trainer hits at 34% when losing as the fav last out. (4-2-6)

Race -2 The :5: . 3rd time off the layoff for low percentage outfit. 2 sprints to a route to boot. Nice workout July 14th for this. Some things to like.(5-12-8)

Race -3 The :2: . Owns an experience edge over most of this field. Ward is fantastic with 2 year olds of course. Troubled trip last time out and this one still ran 2nd. Clean trip today and its graduation time. (2-7-3)

Race -4 The :6: . Looks to be a 2 horse race with the :8: . Castellano goes here. Ran a career best 103 Bris figure last out for Brown when running 2nd as the fav. Trainer hits at 31% right back off the losing fav race. 3rd time off the layoff another 23% move. (6-8-1)

Race -5 The :5: . Tough 2 year old race here. I'll tab the Ward runner as the best of what's run. Stumbled bad at the start when last seen and lost all chance. Some talented 1sters in here. Let's hope experience prevails. (5-6-3)

Race -6 The :4: . 3rd time off the bench for Maker who hits at 24% with the move. Easy winner when last seen at CD. Maker an awesome 35% with claimers who repeat. Bullet work over the training track July 16th. (4-1-5)

Race -7 The :1: . Clement ships this one across the water for his US debut. He hits at 33% with 1st time US starters. Been freshened for this by 20% layoff trainer. Some things to like here. (1-7-2)

Race -8 The :1: . Made what may have been the most impressive 6F closing move I've seen in awhile last out at Bel. Farther back than balls on on a cat at the top of the lane to run everyone down at a square price. Stretchout to 7F only enhances chances here. (1-7-2)

Race -9 The :4: . The G3 Schuylerville Stakes. Lots of speed and talent in here. I'm going with the Pletcher horse. Impressive maiden breaker last out with Lezcano up. Wide open race so we'll take the 5-1 shot. (4-1-7)

Race -10 The :10: Another tough baby turf race to go home with today. I've landed here. 3rd time off the layoff for Dutrow ship-in, a 30% move. Drops into the maiden claiming ranks for a 33% move. (10-8-7)

Good Luck N Good Racing From The KidCapper !!

PhantomOnTour
07-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Farther back than balls on a cat... :D

Good luck KidCap

slew101
07-20-2012, 11:51 AM
I like the 1 here as well in Race 8. I thought speed was holding well that day, and Caixa's running style should work better at Saratoga than Belmont. As much as I like Jackson Bend, I didn't like the way he just stopped last out despite the poor ride by Nakatani. Going to try and beat him.

Late Pick 3 for me: 1, 2, 10.

LAP_520
07-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Good Luck To you this Saratoga Racing Season Kid Capper !

KidCapper
07-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Sorry for anyone witnessing my O for 2 start on the day so far. Knew this would be tough day. Here's to a better performance the rest of the way.

KidCapper
07-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Race -3 The :2: . Owns an experience edge over most of this field. Ward is fantastic with 2 year olds of course. Troubled trip last time out and this one still ran 2nd. Clean trip today and its graduation time. (2-7-3)

Finished 2-3-7 and I'm back on track!!!!

Next!!

PhantomOnTour
07-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Next time it will be a 3-2 finish...Kimono put in a surge late and galloped out in front...gonna win her next start...at 3-5 :D

KidCapper
07-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Had 3 on top winners and a couple 2nd's for opening day. Still a loser here today with an o fer on the pick 3's.....

Straight Bet $200
Straight Ret $183
Straight Net-$17

Pulled an 0 Fer on the pick 3's for a loss of $189.

Knew this card was tough for me today...the sun will come out tomorrow...

Next.

Mr G
07-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Knew this card was tough for me today...the sun will come out tomorrow...

Yes, the sun will come out tomorrow...I bet two races and lost both and am down $-164 on opening day...BTW, I just read there were water problems at Saratoga....1st floor clubhouse section was the only place that had running water....other sections, jockey room etc..no water and no flushing of toilets :(

But eventually they did get water running through hoses on the backside and in the winners circle for the horses.

Strange opening day.