PDA

View Full Version : Andy Serling on radio (listen via web)

Rutgers
07-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Andy Serling’s new radio show from Saratoga on now.

http://1045theteam.com/djs/

tzipi
07-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Listening now. Good stuff. Andy is interviewing Nick Zito.

pele polo
07-20-2012, 08:58 AM
i didnt find anything with the link. what are some other links for radio shows, maybe where i can also catch re-broadcasts?

thanks

the little guy
07-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Listening now. Good stuff. Andy is interviewing Nick Zito.

Thanks. Nick and Steve were great.

It was good fun and we had an excellent turnout at Hattie's, especially given it was this early in the meet and we have hardly done a ton of promotion.

It should be a fun Summer.

tzipi
07-20-2012, 08:53 PM

It was good fun and we had an excellent turnout at Hattie's, especially given it was this early in the meet and we have hardly done a ton of promotion.

Should be a great Saratoga and looking forward to listening to your show all summer Andy! Good stuff :ThmbUp:

v j stauffer
07-20-2012, 09:21 PM

Obvious and shameless self promotion:)

Tom
07-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Well, Del Mar has Todd Schrupp dancing with Bo Derek's niece to One Direction.
We don't have anything like that.
Not even close.

BombsAway Bob
07-21-2012, 11:34 PM

The content of the show was great.
AND THE AUDIO... Spectacular! Pretty sure that i
could hear beer bottles being poured from in background.
i wish any major-league racetracks audio could match it...
NONE currently can.
Be assured Link will be passed around for all future Thursday shows!

tzipi
07-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Andy is LIVE TONIGHT from Hatties 9-10pm. ESPN radio 104.5.

jefftune
07-30-2012, 10:44 PM
I went over to Hattie's last Thursday night for Andy's radio show. The bar was packed and loud with people talking and drinking. Andy was up there talking with Ramon Dominguez but you couldn't hear a thing. If you're at Saratoga, tune it in on the radio if you want to listen.

the little guy
07-31-2012, 02:40 AM
I went over to Hattie's last Thursday night for Andy's radio show. The bar was packed and loud with people talking and drinking. Andy was up there talking with Ramon Dominguez but you couldn't hear a thing. If you're at Saratoga, tune it in on the radio if you want to listen.

We had to be inside due to the possible weather complications. We will be outside going further, and the sound issues will be resolved.

Thanks for coming, and sorry about the sound issues, but they will be fixed.

netbet
07-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Are the shows being archived? If so, where can we listen to them?

Thanks.

Very good show so far.

Patrick

David-LV
07-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Looks like Andy went another 0 for 10 with his top picks on Monday.

When is NYRA going to find a real handicapper instead of someone with just a good line of chatter.

Maybe TLG should just stick to the radio and do interviews.

________
David-LV

Canarsie
07-31-2012, 10:15 AM

When is NYRA going to find a real handicapper instead of someone with just a good line of chatter.

________
David-LV

Maybe you should go head to head against him. The last person who did that was run into the ground. You seem like a prime candidate to succeed him and have the same ultimate fate.

You seem awfully consumed by him must be JEALOUSY

MaTH716
07-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Maybe you should go head to head against him. The last person who did that was run into the ground. You seem like a prime candidate to succeed him and have the same ultimate fate.

You seem awfully consumed by him must be JEALOUSY

I would think that you must have an opinion, or make a selection or two ever, to qualify for being a prime candidate.

David-LV
07-31-2012, 10:24 AM

Head to head, I wouldn't waste my time.

I hear there is a job opening on TVG for another talking head that give out nothing but losing tickets.

_______
David-LV

Canarsie
07-31-2012, 10:36 AM
Head to head, I wouldn't waste my time.

I hear there is a job opening on TVG for another talking head that give out nothing but losing tickets.

_______
David-LV

You certainly waste more than enough time bashing him maybe your related to this guy. You certainly resemble him.

David-LV
07-31-2012, 10:42 AM
I've been gone so long.

Maybe I forgot, but everything and everybody from New York and New Jersey is better then anybody and everything from anywhere else!!

________
David-LV

the little guy
07-31-2012, 11:12 AM
He lied again....not 0 for 10.

One would think if someone was going to criticize me they could at least be honest.

Canarsie
07-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Your relative? Both of you have a bunch of the same traits.

uI7ni7zL8qU

cj
07-31-2012, 11:15 AM

How can anybody take you seriously, not that anyone does, when you can't even get something simple like that right?

FantasticDan
07-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Why is a thread about a public handicapper not in the handicapping forum?

Canarsie
07-31-2012, 11:18 AM
y06lW-odwAw

Your claws look great up on the ceiling :lol:

David-LV
07-31-2012, 11:21 AM

One would think if someone was going to criticize me they could at least be honest.

Where was the lone winner genius, maybe I missed it ???

I got an idea for you if you want to improve your show, being the great handicapper that you and your followers say you are, post your ROI daily on your top picks by the meet, there is nothing older then yesterday's news.

_______
David-LV

the little guy
07-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Why is a thread about a public handicapper not in the handicapping forum?

Maybe because it isn't a thread about handicapping, but a thread about a radio show that is being done live in downtown Saratoga featuring guests from throughout the industry.

It has sadly turned into something completely different due to the unfortunate postings of an unhappy person.

David-LV
07-31-2012, 11:56 AM
It has sadly turned into something completely different due to the unfortunate postings of an unhappy person.

I am a very happy person and am just trying to give a little constructive criticism, since when is there something wrong with that? :)

BTW: Look at post #24.

_________
David-LV

David-LV
07-31-2012, 12:25 PM

I am still waiting for someone to tell me where the one and only winner was on Monday.

I still have the sheet from Talking Horses for Monday from DRF and I still can't find the winner on only your top picks.

_________
David-LV

Dahoss9698
07-31-2012, 01:14 PM

What a difference a two months makes. This is how you responded to TLG back in June.

And both Brad Thomas and you really know your stuff.

_______
David-LV

Has he somehow forgotten his stuff in the span of 60 days?

castaway01
07-31-2012, 02:14 PM
I am still waiting for someone to tell me where the one and only winner was on Monday.

I still have the sheet from Talking Horses for Monday from DRF and I still can't find the winner on only your top picks.

_________
David-LV

I don't know about all the top picks, but Andy definitely had the Jason Servis horse in the first race because I was planning to bet it and took note that he had it on top as well (we didn't get rich on that one, but it won and paid $6.20). I know he also picked the McLaughlin horse in the 5th that I also bet, ran 3rd at 5-1. Other than that, don't know about the other picks on Monday.

Whether that somehow proves you right or wrong or makes you happy I have no idea, but now your question has been answered.

hoovesupsideyourhe
07-31-2012, 02:48 PM
dave what is your point?. andy has in the past and will in the future help players find value horses.he works very hard at it.the next thing you will say is that you do your own handicapping ..so again what is your point.id like to again thank andy and nyra for all the work they do for the sport.you wont find a better and harder working advocate for the betting public than him.

hooves

so dave please **** off.

David-LV
07-31-2012, 07:13 PM
dave what is your point?. andy has in the past and will in the future help players find value horses.he works very hard at it.the next thing you will say is that you do your own handicapping ..so again what is your point.id like to again thank andy and nyra for all the work they do for the sport.you wont find a better and harder working advocate for the betting public than him.

hooves

so dave please **** off.

hooves what is your point!

I absolutely do all my own handicapping.

My point is I can talk about half the field in any race also, maybe this and maybe that and just in case.

So hooves please do me a favor and **** off.
_______
David-LV

cj
07-31-2012, 07:14 PM
My point is I can talk about half the field in any race also, maybe this and maybe that and just in case.

Sadly for you, nobody will pay you to do so.

David-LV
07-31-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't know about all the top picks, but Andy definitely had the Jason Servis horse in the first race because I was planning to bet it and took note that he had it on top as well (we didn't get rich on that one, but it won and paid $6.20). I know he also picked the McLaughlin horse in the 5th that I also bet, ran 3rd at 5-1. Other than that, don't know about the other picks on Monday.

Whether that somehow proves you right or wrong or makes you happy I have no idea, but now your question has been answered.

You are correct, I missed that big $6.20 horse in the first race, but that was it on Monday for the now famous top pick of TLG.

_______
David-LV

David-LV
07-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Sadly for you, nobody will pay you to do so.

Just to let you know, I don't need to get paid from anybody.

________
David-LV

bigmack
07-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Did you ever stop to think that by explaining multiple factors and considerations in a race it gives a novice, and even those more seasoned, a better glimpse into how he looks at a race?

What kind of shoe would it be if he blurted out 1-2 nags/race without any analysis or insight?

If you have a beef with SerLing how 'bout you start a thread and see how far it goes. Until then, you're just polluting a thread merely designed to call attention to his show for those that would like to hear.

Dig?

tzipi
08-01-2012, 12:38 AM

________
David-LV

Post #28 says it all. Everyone sees right through all your posts her. No one believes you. You don't add up. You cheer Andy and Thomas recently but now flip in a instant. You lost on one of Andy's picks and now you're a disgruntled poster. Quit the game if you can't do it. NO ONE who is a "I win every day and am Mr. Moneybags" would ever be this upset or obsessed everyday. :D

You say you follow no handicappers in another thread and don't even pay attention to them because you make so much money, YET you are CLEARLY always watching Andy and Crist and following them. Hmm

You are so great at handicapping yet you never got a job offer, give a race opinion and take ALL your time to follow handicappers and their results only on bad days. Very sad.

Andy has a solid following, does a great job, has put his winning picks out to the masses time after time and continues to be on TV and now radio. :ThmbUp:

David-LV
08-01-2012, 03:21 AM
Post #28 says it all. Everyone sees right through all your posts her. No one believes you. You don't add up. You cheer Andy and Thomas recently but now flip in a instant. You lost on one of Andy's picks and now you're a disgruntled poster. Quit the game if you can't do it. NO ONE who is a "I win every day and am Mr. Moneybags" would ever be this upset or obsessed everyday. :D

You say you follow no handicappers in another thread and don't even pay attention to them because you make so much money, YET you are CLEARLY always watching Andy and Crist and following them. Hmm

You are so great at handicapping yet you never got a job offer, give a race opinion and take ALL your time to follow handicappers and their results only on bad days. Very sad.

Andy has a solid following, does a great job, has put his winning picks out to the masses time after time and continues to be on TV and now radio. :ThmbUp:

I guess you told me, you sound like a broken suitcase to me, A person that has zero ability and has to follow someone in order to lose your money.

I don't make it a habit to watch the show, but I do check the picks on DRF more or less just being curious, by the way your friend Andy can't hold a candle to Steven Crist. You see Crist puts his winning tickets where he bets real money in print for the world to see.

I don't make money every day like you say, but my rebate narrows down my losing days, but I'm always trying and my good and great days far out weight my bad days.

I have no opinion on races for other people, if I am correct this game is pari mutuel and I don't give money away to the competition.

Anytime you decide to visit Las Vegas, I am an open book to all non believers.

_________
David-LV

Dahoss9698
08-01-2012, 08:04 AM
I guess you told me
_________
David-LV

You avoided my post the first time, so I'm curious. Were you just flat out lying two months ago when you spoke well of Andy....or are you just acting like a jilted lover now because your "why don't you just try a pick 5" nonsense (great understanding of business and how difficult it is to get new bets passed by the way :rolleyes: ) didn't get the response you were looking for?

Take your time answering. I'm sure you've got a bunch of other things going on. :lol:

thaskalos
08-01-2012, 08:36 AM

________
David-LV

If going 0 for 10, or 1 for 10, is a sign that one is a bad handicapper...then we are ALL bad handicappers -- with no exceptions.

If you are just trying to "give a little constructive criticism", as you say...then you'll have to try harder.

Haven't YOU experienced losing streaks before?

What does that say about your OWN handicapping?

lamboguy
08-01-2012, 09:57 AM
he gives out 10 races a day because that is his job. i doubt that anyone plays 10 races on any given card on a regular basis unless that person hates money to begin with and loves picking 4 horses per race the whole race card.

i can see why its easy to go 0/10 as a good handicapper when you pick the whole program before the very first race has even run. its impossible to know how the track will be playing on that particular day, even if one has been watching the works in the morning, the track often changes for the afternoon program.

if one bases their picks on him or any other public handicapper, you have a problem. he might be able to steer you on to something that you might have missed though.

in that whole preview show, i listen to Maggi if i am going to bet a race and hope that she reports on the horse that i am interested in. i have seen her make mistakes a couple of years ago, but not lately. i give her some respect now.

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2012, 10:37 AM
*sigh*

Karakiozis
08-01-2012, 12:10 PM
If any of you want to hear a real handicapper try to listen to Brad Thomas,he

is the in house handicapper @ Monmouth he'll tell why he likes his top pick,

and give you a lot of inside into the race,without ( can he win? sure if he runs the race he run 2 years ago ala TLG).

Dahoss9698
08-01-2012, 12:20 PM
If any of you want to hear a real handicapper try to listen to Brad Thomas,he

is the in house handicapper @ Monmouth he'll tell why he likes his top pick,

and give you a lot of inside into the race,without ( can he win? sure if he runs the race he run 2 years ago ala TLG).

New name....same M.O.

tzipi
08-01-2012, 01:28 PM
I guess you told me, you sound like a broken suitcase to me, A person that has zero ability and has to follow someone in order to lose your money.

I don't make it a habit to watch the show, but I do check the picks on DRF more or less just being curious, by the way your friend Andy can't hold a candle to Steven Crist. You see Crist puts his winning tickets where he bets real money in print for the world to see.

I don't make money every day like you say, but my rebate narrows down my losing days, but I'm always trying and my good and great days far out weight my bad days.

I have no opinion on races for other people, if I am correct this game is pari mutuel and I don't give money away to the competition.

Anytime you decide to visit Las Vegas, I am an open book to all non believers.

_________
David-LV

First posters point out how you praised Andy and now all of a sudden you flip and hate him and NOW Steve Crist is great and can win but in the other days thread TVG-LATE DD SHOW?

Todays post above.
Andy can't hold a candle to Steven Crist. You see Crist puts his winning tickets where he bets real money in print for the world to see.

But it was just this the other day post #7 in LATE DD SHOW thread. You keep getting caught in your lies :D

You can take both Crist & Sterling and give them back to the indians

You say you won't give out winner because you'll lose money? NO ONE would ever, ever play your bets. You never can put out a winning opinion, you get caught in lies every other post and fill your days following handicappers and attacking them on message boards. About everyone here calls out your ridiculous posts and claims. So sad.

And no, I or no one else wants to get on a plane to fly to Vegas to spend a day obsessing over public handicappers and watching you bang on the keyboard all day in your small house. Stop putting out empty invitations you know no one would ever do. Spend some time handicapping and playing like Andy and Crist do. Works for them.

David-LV
08-01-2012, 02:31 PM
First posters point out how you praised Andy and now all of a sudden you flip and hate him and NOW Steve Crist is great and can win but in the other days thread TVG-LATE DD SHOW?

Todays post above.

But it was just this the other day post #7 in LATE DD SHOW thread. You keep getting caught in your lies :D

You say you won't give out winner because you'll lose money? NO ONE would ever, ever play your bets. You never can put out a winning opinion, you get caught in lies every other post and fill your days following handicappers and attacking them on message boards. About everyone here calls out your ridiculous posts and claims. So sad.

And no, I or no one else wants to get on a plane to fly to Vegas to spend a day obsessing over public handicappers and watching you bang on the keyboard all day in your small house. Stop putting out empty invitations you know no one would ever do. Spend some time handicapping and playing like Andy and Crist do. Works for them.

As I said before you sound like a broken down suitcase with no opinion, so you have to knock someone you don't even know, and you have to rely and depend on others because you really have no opinion of your own on anything that has to do with handicapping.

You my friend are what they call a born loser. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::lol:

BTW: As you can tell I am not playing any horses today as I am getting ready to rake it in on Saturday with the great card that The Meadowlands has put together for Hambletonian day.
Hambletonian Saturday has always been one of my best winning days of the year, so I prepare weeks in advance with many replays to watch.
_______
David-LV

acorn54
08-01-2012, 03:31 PM
i think the basic job of the public handicapper is to promote the game of horseracing and make it entertaining.
as to whether any of the public handicappers get side income wagering on their selections, in addition to their paycheck only the irs knows for sure.

tzipi
08-01-2012, 03:37 PM
As I said before you sound like a broken down suitcase with no opinion, so you have to knock someone you don't even know, and you have to rely and depend on others because you really have no opinion of your own on anything that has to do with handicapping.

You my friend are what they call a born loser. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::lol:

BTW: As you can tell I am not playing any horses today as I am getting ready to rake it in on Saturday with the great card that The Meadowlands has put together for Hambletonian day.
Hambletonian Saturday has always been one of my best winning days of the year, so I prepare weeks in advance with many replays to watch.
_______
David-LV

Again you are insanely sad and again, keep avoiding everyone posting proof of you flip flopping on your opinions of Serling and Crist. Your anger on here towards me and other people for no reason is very telling.

You have no opinion

I sometimes do and have put them on the General Racing. I have PLENTY of opinions on handicapping and selections and rely on myself. See I have proof on the selections page. You don't, of course

You knock someone you don't know

Man are you dumb! :D YOU are on here knocking Crist and Serling everyday and you know NEITHER one of them or what they do in their life or at track. I have knocked no one except an insane person who is out of control.

Again, proving I'm not the one who has come from the long line of born losers. Your rants and lies who everyone calls out proves it and you know it. :ThmbUp:

Who the hell cares and why even write this?? Once again keep bragging how much you win and your winning days. NO one cares or believes you. You win nothing and your crazy bottomless rants PROVES it. No one who is successful in life or the game would ever be doing this. Everyone sees right through it. :rolleyes: Enjoy your life David.

tzipi
08-01-2012, 03:51 PM
One last thing David. A successful person who DOES make tons of money....

Does not go to strangers and shove down their throat about how successful they are. Pathetic.

They do not brag to starngers how everyone in Vegas calls them by their money nickname.

They don't yell at strangers on a message board to come visit them in Vegas so they can show off their money and take them to expensive restaurants to make them jealous.

THEY SURE as heck do not constantly go on message boards to attack solid public handicappers for NO reason. They also don't get caught in lies every other post by everyone.

A successful person does it and keeps quiet and lets the people around them do what they want. The anger shown from the first rant is very odd. We all see it. Say what you want. You did it yourself. Enjoy and good luck.

David-LV
08-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Who the hell cares and why even write this?? Once again keep bragging how much you win and your winning days. NO one cares or believes you. You win nothing and your crazy bottomless rants PROVES it. No one who is successful in life or the game would ever be doing this. Everyone sees right through it. :rolleyes: Enjoy your life David.

This paragraph show what a jealous and angry person your are, by the way I know a lot of people that brag on how successful they are, especially in Vegas. Do you ever watch the poker greats that brag all the time, I guess not.

Since when do you speak for everyone, who the hell are you??

_________
David-LV

David-LV
08-01-2012, 04:43 PM
THEY SURE as heck do not constantly go on message boards to attack solid public handicappers for NO reason.

You keep following those so call solid public handicappers that you speak so highly of and we will have to pass the hat around for you.

Does the name Mike Warren come to mind??

________
David-LV

tzipi
08-01-2012, 04:44 PM
This paragraph show what a jealous and angry person your are, by the way I know a lot of people that brag on how successful they are, especially in Vegas. Do you ever watch the poker greats that brag all the time, I guess not.
Since when do you speak for everyone, who the h*ll are you??

_________
David-LV

Nice try. It's over. I have never yelled at people on the board about how great I am and everyone to shut up and come to Vegas to see my riches. Sad. You don't have anything. You're the only one mad here because no one believes you and has called you out. You avoid answering everyones flip flopping quotes of yours because it shows how crazy you are. I'm not mad. More like shocked.

Now it's OK to lie and brag like a whacko and attack innocent people doing their jobs because, "you ever watch Poker players brag". So dumb and by the way at least they prove it on TV.

I don't speak for everyone genius. Go read all the threads you've hijacked. People are writing the same things and blasting you. This whole thread hijacking and ranting is insanely pathetic. A happy and successful person would never do this. :rolleyes:

tzipi
08-01-2012, 05:03 PM
i think the basic job of the public handicapper is to promote the game of horseracing and make it entertaining.
as to whether any of the public handicappers get side income wagering on their selections, in addition to their paycheck only the irs knows for sure.

I agree. Now hopefully we can get this thread back to discussing Andy and his Saratoga radio show. Good show, good guests. Worth discussing. :ThmbUp:

David-LV
08-01-2012, 05:16 PM
I agree. Now hopefully we can get this thread back to discussing Andy and his Saratoga radio show. Good show, good guests. Worth discussing. :ThmbUp:

You talk about TLG like you go to dinner weekly with him, is he your handicapping idol??

________
David-LV

tzipi
08-01-2012, 05:26 PM
You talk about TLG like you go to dinner weekly with him, is he your handicapping idol??

________
David-LV

No, I said stop hijacking every Serling thread to lie about his numbers and put down his job. That's all. Notice everyone else's posts to you here.
Yes, I like following him and his shows and learning a few things from him. Shoot me. Sorry your so mad about that and it ruins your big successful life that you have to rant everyday. :rolleyes: Please let us get back to the radio show thread.

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2012, 07:14 PM

Since when do you speak for everyone, who the hell are you??

_________
David-LV Holy ****ing Shit did you take a while to turn into a full blown asshole. And as for poker greats, most of them will end up broke at some point in the next 3- 5 years, begging for someone to stake them...or maybe they'll write a book to raise some cash...