PDA

View Full Version : Formulator question

chrisg
01-13-2004, 12:00 PM
I've been using formulator the past couple weeks, so I'm new to it. But this morning when I downloaded the aqueduct wednesday card to it, it shows up as in winzip file outside where i store my forumulator files.

1-so why is it not showing up as a typical drf file?
2-how do I convert it to how I've been accessing the others?

Thanks & sorry if my computer illiteracy didn't explain this well.

kitts
01-13-2004, 03:12 PM
One of the joys of Formulator. It happens to me now and then. When it does, I redownload the file (DRF does not charge for redownloads) and that usually fixes it.

chrisg
01-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Now the drf site won't let me download the pp's at all.

When I click on the 14th it tells me that the file can't be found.

If I download formulator again, how do I prevent the loss of previous files?

Tom
01-13-2004, 06:32 PM
I think the default for the downloaded files is

C:\Progrma Files\DRF\Formulator\Data

Do a search to find where the files that work are and copy you zipped file to there. I believe Formulator will unzip it to open it.
Let me know if you still have problems, I can send you my file for the 14th to try out.

chrisg
01-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Tom, thanks for the offer...but I've got bigger problems now!

Sometime in the next 24hours drf is supposed to get back to me about why I'm unable to download the pp's from their site. Meanwhile, it shows them that I am downloading them even when I get zero info back!

I'll have to wait and see...VERY FRUSTRATING.

JustRalph
01-13-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by chrisg

Sometime in the next 24hours drf is supposed to get back to me about why I'm unable to download the pp's from their site. Meanwhile, it shows them that I am downloading them even when I get zero info back!

chris..... just a suggestion.........I have seen this a few times on internet downloads...........

make sure your hard drive isn't almost full. I am sure this is a shot in the dark........but like I said....... I have seen it happen before

chrisg
01-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Ralph, thanks for trying:)

But I've got many gigs of free space.

I'm wondering if I need to update my internet explorer, but everytime I go to the page to get the update, nothing applies to me (or so it seems).

I know everything on my browser seems slower since Gates unveiled his new msn page.

This is driving me nuts:mad:

In related weirdness-

I can open my pdf files, but I can't download any from any site.

I have the latest free version of adobe acrobat reader, but I thought maybe there was another update I missed...so i tried to download it...I COULDN'T:mad:

That's why I think it is browser related...

JustRalph
01-14-2004, 12:34 AM
are you trying to right click on these files or their links and choosing "Save target as" or just clicking on them?

also make sure something didn't set your security settings up real high in your browser "tools" section.

Buddha
01-14-2004, 06:24 AM
as far as i know the formulator pps are zipped files. all you have to do is either rename the file and take the zip ending off leaving the .drf2 or whatever it is, or when you download, if you go to save by right clicking and save as, make sure you leave it as all files, and not zip file.

chrisg
01-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Hey Buddha, thanks, but I had tried that. Initially when I had the zipped files I tried putting them in the Data file with the other cards I had downloaded previously...then I tried to change the extensions to either of the two that the formulator uses, but it wouldn't let me change the.

I've got bigger problems...can't download anything.

Fortunately JustRalph has been trying to help via pm's. Which is more than I can say for me internet provider (you'd think they could help:) )

lousycapperII
01-15-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by chrisg

Have you looked at http://www.ITSdata.com? They have unlimited downloads for about the same cost as DRF. None of the hassles!

-LCII

chrisg
01-16-2004, 01:06 AM
For the record, I do not know that Formulator caused my problems. It strongly appears that the problems originated elsewhere, but coincidentally became evident @ the drf site because that was where I went first that day.

Tom
01-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Have your troubles been resolved?

chrisg
01-16-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Have your troubles been resolved?

YES!
:) :) :)
Please see the thread in the Software section titled-
"Big thanks to JustRalph!!!"