PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES (and the Mayan calendar) FOR WED. 7/18

MeSlew
07-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Hello all! There has been much said and written about rumors of the predictions reportedly made by the Mayan calendar. But nothing, I repeat, nothing at all has been said or written about the Mayan ritual concerning the beginning of summer.

Now, the long lost code enumerating the "festival" has finally been deciphered and is reproduced for you here:

Woodbine - 3,7
DelMar - 2,4,6,7,8,9,10

According to the much misunderstood Mayan philosophy, this code tells us that the summer season actually begins on July 18th with a celebration of turf and surf on the California coastline in an ancient but beautiful place called Del Mar. Here, both Del Martians as well as visitors get together to celebrate the beginning of the summer season, frolicking on both land and sea. The beginning of the season is actually a three day celebration which begins on July 18th but ends rather abruptly on July 20th.

On that date, there is a ritual sacrifice, something the Mayans were famous for.

Known as the Sacrifice at the temple of Saratog (oddly enough, the racecourse was named for this), the day of ritual equine competition ends abruptly with a wonton, cruel and lustful sacrificing of thoroughbred handicappers to the racing gods. If you dare attend the ceremony and remain until the rituals bitter end, and listen carefully, horrifying screams can be heard from the farthest corners of the temple.

Frightening.

Also please note that as my own sacrifice to the gods of racing, I will be posting the Saratoga Monday lists all meet long. So for the summer, Slew will post Wednesday thru Monday. I hope they look kindly on my humble offering.

Dare you enjoy the beginning of summer? Will one of those screams be yours? Oh yeah...and as always...good luck and good 'capping!