PDA

View Full Version : 72%

bigmack
07-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Wrap your head around this.

72 Percent of African-American Children Born to Unwed Mothers.

That's a seven and a two.

Wowser!

63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes
85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes
80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes
71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes
75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes
85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes.
http://www.bvblackspin.com/2010/11/08/72-percent-of-african-american-children-born-to-unwed-mothers/

PhantomOnTour
07-17-2012, 01:56 PM
The deterioration of America is directly linked to the deterioration of the American family.

boxcar
07-17-2012, 02:04 PM

Wowser!

75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes
http://www.bvblackspin.com/2010/11/08/72-percent-of-african-american-children-born-to-unwed-mothers/

And we owe a huge thanks to the FemiNazis who have preached for decades that women don't need any stinkin' men in their households. If women want kids, they can do all the child-rearing by themselves, etc.

This is quite an indictment on worldly, godless values.

Boxcar

TJDave
07-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Figure out how to stop these babies from being born and/or how to educate them.

Or

Build more prisons, higher walls and more guns.

bigmack
07-17-2012, 02:16 PM
And we owe a huge thanks to the FemiNazis who have preached for decades that women don't need any stinkin' men in their households. If women want kids, they can do all the child-rearing by themselves, etc.

This is quite an indictment on worldly, godless values.
I don't know that the Benson & Hedges line, You've come a long way baby, is really in play here. Women know the value of a man around the house. The issue is the dudes don't even have the slightest intention of stepping up. It's like an accepted dealio now, them fathering and splitting.

It's been a slice, see ya. Good luck with the kid(s).

As far as Godless, aren't AA's quite religious? Maybe they're reading a different playbook than you.

PhantomOnTour
07-17-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't know that the Benson & Hedges line, You've come a long way baby, is really in play here. Women know the value of a man around the house. The issue is the dudes don't even have the slightest intention of stepping up. It's like an accepted dealio now, them fathering and splitting.

As far as Godless, aren't AA's quite religious? Maybe they're reading a different playbook than you.
Holy hell Mack...we agree again.
You feeling alright?
Am i feeling alright?
:lol:

Tom
07-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Here's the deal - these deadbeats are costing us all money.
We need to start taking DNA of the babies born without a Dad and then tracking down the worthless scumbags and putting them to work for the state. After snipping off their weapons.

btw, what is the NAACP doing about this?
Jesse Jackson?
Al Simpleton?

Where are the Black Leaders?????

TJDave
07-17-2012, 02:29 PM

Nonsense. These women aren't listening to feminists. They are taking their mothers as example, while listening to rap music and watching Jerry Springer.

bigmack
07-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Jesse Jackson?
Al Simpleton?
Billy Cosby kinda/sorta tried to address the subject a while back.

They put him in his place, right quick.

boxcar
07-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Figure out how to stop these babies from being born and/or how to educate them.

Or

Build more prisons, higher walls and more guns.

Now that a penalty has been declared a tax, the solution to babyhood is not very far away.

Boxcar

boxcar
07-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Nonsense. These women aren't listening to feminists. They are taking their mothers as example, while listening to rap music and watching Jerry Springer.

To a large degree they have been. You think the Feminist Movement in this country has been an abject failure? Pull your head out the sand. It has had its impact on our culture for many decades including on the mothers of today's mothers. :rolleyes:

And you think a flaming, bleeding heart lib like Springer hasn't bought into the politically-correct Feminism ideal? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Marshall Bennett
07-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Wonder what percentage are born addicted to crack cocaine or worse?

boxcar
07-17-2012, 03:00 PM

What you describe has also contributed greatly to the problem. And from where have men (in this generation and previous ones) obtained this attitude of irresponsibility? How 'bout the "sexual revolution" of the '60s, for starters? Free, unencumbered, liberated sex is so cool, don't you remember?

[quote]As far as Godless, aren't AA's quite religious? Maybe they're reading a different playbook than you.

Being religious is one thing. Being godly is something else entirely again.

Boxcar

Dave Schwartz
07-17-2012, 03:01 PM

Gotta agree with this.

I'd be very interested to see a stat on the 2nd generation of moms without dads.

We have an acquaintance whose story is that she was the product of an unwed relationship. (We have done a small amount of mentorship with her. It did not take.) At 17 she had her first child. She has now had 4 and never been married.

When her 14 year old daughter became pregnant, I spoke to her about the connection and she said that she did not understand. I made it a little clearer and she still did not understand. I finally said, "Do you understand the saying 'The acorn does not fall far from the tree'?" She said that she understood that but could not make the connection to she and her daughter.

I think this story is a pretty good model of the problem.

PhantomOnTour
07-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Gotta ask you though, Mack...where did you get that statistic?
Not doubting you, but we would all look kinda lame for rallying 'round a bogus stat, if it is bogus.

EDIT:
errrrrrrrrrks...hello...there's a link at the bottom of the first post.
Sorry

thaskalos
07-17-2012, 03:06 PM
In a perfect world, it would be a tad more difficult to have a child...

TJDave
07-17-2012, 03:23 PM
In a perfect world, it would be a tad more difficult to have a child...

Ain't that the truth.

I would like that extended to our imperfect world, as well. It should be much more difficult for most and for the unqualified, impossible.

Robert Goren
07-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Gotta agree with this.

I'd be very interested to see a stat on the 2nd generation of moms without dads.

We have an acquaintance whose story is that she was the product of an unwed relationship. (We have done a small amount of mentorship with her. It did not take.) At 17 she had her first child. She has now had 4 and never been married.

When her 14 year old daughter became pregnant, I spoke to her about the connection and she said that she did not understand. I made it a little clearer and she still did not understand. I finally said, "Do you understand the saying 'The acorn does not fall far from the tree'?" She said that she understood that but could not make the connection to she and her daughter.

I think this story is a pretty good model of the problem.I think the same is true with men. I would see the numbers on how many of those away from home fathers never had man around when they were growing up. I bet it is a high number.

mostpost
07-17-2012, 03:36 PM

Wowser!

Talk about somebody screwing up a statistic. It is not 72%. It is 72 out of 1,000. That is 7.2%. And it is not even that 72 out of every 1000 black children that are born out of wedlock. The statistic is that 72 out of every 1000 unmarried black women have had a baby out of wedlock.

I'm not blaming you for the mistake. You read the article and reported it as you read it. I am definitely blaming the author. The figures are from the Centers for Disease Control where it clearly states that rate is per 1,000 unmarried women in specified group. This is stated along the side of the graph as well as in the body of the study. Of course if you are lazy and just look at the graph you could get the impression that it is 72%. The author is apparently either lazy or had an agenda to accomplish. I suspect the latter.

bigmack
07-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Talk about somebody screwing up a statistic. It is not 72%. It is 72 out of 1,000. That is 7.2%. And it is not even that 72 out of every 1000 black children that are born out of wedlock. The statistic is that 72 out of every 1000 unmarried black women have had a baby out of wedlock.

I'm not blaming you for the mistake. You read the article and reported it as you read it. I am definitely blaming the author. The figures are from the Centers for Disease Control where it clearly states that rate is per 1,000 unmarried women in specified group. This is stated along the side of the graph as well as in the body of the study. Of course if you are lazy and just look at the graph you could get the impression that it is 72%. The author is apparently either lazy or had an agenda to accomplish. I suspect the latter.
Boy, do I have egg on my face. It's 7.2%. :eek: Thank you, SO MUCH for forgiving my mistake. :ThmbUp:

Then again, hit the side of your computer and do a Goo search.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/percentageofafricanamericansbornoutofwedlock-GoogleSearch.png

:lol: :lol:

Another "Hawaii is in Asia" moment for Mostconfusedposty.

BlueShoe
07-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Jesse Jackson?
Al Simpleton?

"The problem is caused by White racism."
"We need more government help."
"We need more money for our schools."
"We need more money for housing projects."
"We need larger welfare payments."
"It is not our fault, all our problems have been caused by Whites."
"We are entitled to more help and support to make up for what has been done to us."

ArlJim78
07-17-2012, 04:46 PM
this issue is at the core of nearly all of our problems today. when the family unit breaks down, so does society.

of course we have government now taking over the role of father, mother provider, educator, etc, so who needs families when we've got good ole uncle sammie.

Saratoga_Mike
07-17-2012, 04:55 PM

Wow, you're so misinformed on this matter it's unbelievable. You might want to check the white out-of-wedlock number, too. It's a hell of a lot higher than 7.2% also.

bigmack
07-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Wow, you're so misinformed on this matter
On this matter? We're talkin' boatloads.

AND he has the audacity to type: The author is apparently either lazy or had an agenda to accomplish. I suspect the latter.

Saratoga_Mike
07-17-2012, 05:01 PM
On this matter? We're talkin' boatloads.

AND he has the audacity to type: The author is apparently either lazy or had an agenda to accomplish. I suspect the latter.

I'm shocked that he would think the black OR white out-of-wedlock birth rate was 7.2%. No sarcasm intended.

bigmack
07-17-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm shocked that he would think the black OR white out-of-wedlock birth rate was 7.2%. No sarcasm intended.
Anyone with a brain can figure anything under 10% in 2012 America couldn't be found. 'Cept maybe for Mormons. :rolleyes:

Should be entertaining to see his reaction to find it is indeed 70+%.

boxcar
07-17-2012, 05:13 PM
"The problem is caused by White racism."
"We need more government help."
"We need more money for our schools."
"We need more money for housing projects."
"We need larger welfare payments."
"It is not our fault, all our problems have been caused by Whites."
"We are entitled to more help and support to make up for what has been done to us."

And we need to get rid of Bush. (Oops, we did that, right?) :eek:

Boxcar

TJDave
07-17-2012, 05:15 PM

Who cares what color? They are breeding like rabbits and costing society a boatload of money. Either the costing or the breeding needs to stop.

boxcar
07-17-2012, 05:20 PM
this issue is at the core of nearly all of our problems today. when the family unit breaks down, so does society.

of course we have government now taking over the role of father, mother provider, educator, etc, so who needs families when we've got good ole uncle sammie.

Especially when good ol' Uncle Sammie is also the Candy Man.

This is a huge cultural problem that far transcends what some girl's mommie taught her (mainly because that explanation begs the question).

Boxcar

dartman51
07-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Boy, do I have egg on my face. It's 7.2%. :eek: Thank you, SO MUCH for forgiving my mistake. :ThmbUp:

Then again, hit the side of your computer and do a Goo search.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/percentageofafricanamericansbornoutofwedlock-GoogleSearch.png

:lol: :lol:

Another "Hawaii is in Asia" moment for Mostconfusedposty.

Hell, common sense would tell you that it's MORE than 7.2 %. But then, we are talking about Mostie. He just can't help himself. Anyone on the right brings up something, he can't wait to try and prove them wrong. I think he's switched sides. He's playing for the Generals now. :ThmbUp:

dartman51
07-17-2012, 05:29 PM
In 1965 it was 25%. Isn't that about the time that of the "Great Society" legislation came about. When you didn't have to be elderly or disabled to get a welfare check. May be a coincidence, maybe not. The number has been going up every year. The more kids they have, the more money they get.

boxcar
07-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Who cares what color? They are breeding like rabbits and costing society a boatload of money. Either the costing or the breeding needs to stop.

Again, the solution is has now been made very simple, thanks to the SC's recent definition of "penalty". We pull a China on society but with a little twist. In the name of protecting the environment, the government writes a law mandating one-child maximum households. If anyone has more than one brat, they are are assessed a tax for the kid every year until the child becomes an adult. (Q: How old is an "adult"? A: As old as the government declares, e.g. 26, 30, 35, etc. In fact, as more tax money is needed to feed the insatiable appetite of the Beast, the age could increase with an EO).

Also to encourage people (especially the poor) to not have any kids, the government could offer them a generous tax credit. (This policy would also have huge long term social implications.

Social and Behavioral Engineering at its finest... Problem solved.

Boxcar

bigmack
07-17-2012, 05:34 PM
The more kids they have, the more money they get.
Recent legislation passed. For every 4th kid, you get a free set of boss rims.

http://www.fastcoolcars.com/images/pimpedcars1/40inch-chrome-rims.jpg

TJDave
07-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Recent legislation passed. For every 4th kid, you get a free set of boss rims.

We should be paying these people NOT to have babies.

boxcar
07-17-2012, 06:25 PM

You'd make a lousy politician. The central idea in politics these days is to get other people to pay, thereby generating tax revenue tax revenue for the state.

Boxcar

bigmack
07-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Not bad but forgetabout skin colla. IQ's are what I'm after. Anything less than 80, you don't vote and no kids.

What do motha's get in our Golden State for every kid? $645/mo. Naturally, some of that goes for rims & weed for the lug. Woman can't get pregnant without a lug. Lug's gotta get a piece o' that action.

They called "babies Papa."

mostpost
07-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Well I have certainly gotten beaten up on this one, haven't I? 72% seems to be close to an accurate figure. But this is the report all those stories are based on and nowhere in this report do you find the 72% figure.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db18.htm
That 72% figure exists somewhere so why not reference that report.

So I admit it. 72% is correct, or close to it.

But I have bigger problems with the original post and those that followed. The attitude seems to be that more and more black women are having children out of wedlock and they are doing so because they are either immoral or looking for benefits. In other words the typical attitude of most of the old, angry, white men here.

The truth is unmarried black women are having children at a much lower rate today (2007) than in 1970. In 1970 the rate was 96 births per 1000 women. Today it is 72. A drop of 24/1000.

Then why has the percentage increased? Because there was an even more dramatic decrease in the number of births per thousand among married black women. That number now stands at 64.9 per thousand . By comparison the number among married white women is 88.2 per thousand.

Read this:
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2009/02/the-math-on-black-out-of-wedlock-births/6738/

The article points out that The rate for unmarried white women more than doubled from 18 per 1,000 in 1980 to 38 in 1994, and has since changed little (38 in 1998).
Of course the percentage would have decreased since the number of births to married white women has also increased.

So the number of black women having babies out of wedlock is decreasing while the number of white women is increasing.

bigmack
07-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Well I have certainly gotten beaten up on this one, haven't I?
Beaten up? You owe the author of the piece, Kirsten West Savali, an apology for your pathetic comment.

The author is apparently either lazy or had an agenda to accomplish. I suspect the latter.

She look like she has an agenda to you?

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/373695_189394611086092_169539663_n.jpg

You really ought not to think on your own. It's painful to watch.

Continue to bark what you hear on BigEd's show. You're safer that way.

boxcar
07-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Beaten up? You owe the author of the piece, Kirsten West Savali, an apology for your pathetic comment.

The author is apparently either lazy or had an agenda to accomplish. I suspect the latter.

She look like she has an agenda to you?

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/373695_189394611086092_169539663_n.jpg

You really ought not to think on your own. It's painful to watch.

Continue to bark what you hear on BigEd's show. You're safer that way.

It wasn't the gal with the agenda, it was Mosty because he figured this was a racist thread designed to beat up on poor blacks, so he tried to rush to their defense like the good little leftist robo foot soldier he is.

Boxcar

bigmack
07-17-2012, 08:13 PM
It wasn't the gal with the agenda, it was Mosty because he figured this was a racist thread designed to beat up on poor blacks, so he tried to rush to their defense like the good little leftist robo foot soldier he is.

B.I.N.G.O.

Likelihood of Mosty getting that: 0%

boxcar
07-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Well I have certainly gotten beaten up on this one, haven't I? 72% seems to be close to an accurate figure. But this is the report all those stories are based on and nowhere in this report do you find the 72% figure.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db18.htm
That 72% figure exists somewhere so why not reference that report.

So I admit it. 72% is correct, or close to it.

But I have bigger problems with the original post and those that followed. The attitude seems to be that more and more black women are having children out of wedlock and they are doing so because they are either immoral or looking for benefits. In other words the typical attitude of most of the old, angry, white men here.

The truth is unmarried black women are having children at a much lower rate today (2007) than in 1970. In 1970 the rate was 96 births per 1000 women. Today it is 72. A drop of 24/1000.

Then why has the percentage increased? Because there was an even more dramatic decrease in the number of births per thousand among married black women. That number now stands at 64.9 per thousand . By comparison the number among married white women is 88.2 per thousand.

Read this:
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2009/02/the-math-on-black-out-of-wedlock-births/6738/

The article points out that
Of course the percentage would have decreased since the number of births to married white women has also increased.

So the number of black women having babies out of wedlock is decreasing while the number of white women is increasing.

The number of births for black women are on the decrease due to another huge social problem: Abortions. Remember the Breitbart abortion investigation and what was uncovered there with Planned Parenthood? Legalized genocide. Great country in which we live.

Boxcar