PDA

View Full Version : How much strained butter will I need ...

DJofSD
07-16-2012, 05:12 PM
... to mack out on this (http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/07/15/21-pound-lobster-caught-off-cape-cod-beach/) bug?

Just the thought of eating it is making my mouth water.

bigmack
07-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Look at these lunkers I plucked out of the SD harbor, near the submarine base. Or was it the anti-submarine base across the street?

Stacked on top of each other they're so thick in numbers.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/lob.jpg

Dave Schwartz
07-16-2012, 06:48 PM
The first time I did an east coast seminar was Monmouth Park back in 1991. My old friend, Mike Celentano drove me around for days and at the end of every day we would find a place to get some lobster.

We went to the one place - couldn't tell you where - and the waiter says, "Would you like a 'jumbo' lobster? We have a 5-pounder.

I had never had a really big lobster before so I said, "Sure."

A little while later the waiter returns with the lobster on a silver tray. You've got to picture this... the tray is a good 24" long and this lobster is hanging off the front and back. As the guy is walking through the restaurant it was like announcing, "Glutton, table three!"

I was so embarrassed by the whole affair that I said, "Get that thing out of here!" He told me he was going to take it back into the kitchen to crack it and then bring it back. Also told me that he had made a mistake - it was actually 8 pounds!

He brings it back and it is just gigantic. There was almost 2 pounds of claw meat and the tail had to have been another 2 lbs or so.

It was the worst lobster I ever had. Completely tough and inedible. Never again.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Wagergirl
07-16-2012, 07:09 PM
yeah I love lobster, but the big ones are old and tough. I like mine young and juicy. ;)

Grits
07-16-2012, 07:20 PM
"Glutton, table three!"

Good one, Dave!:lol::lol::lol:

Still, I could've helped you. I could eat my weight in lobster. I truly love them. Wow! Its been a long time since I've had a nice fresh one.

sammy the sage
07-16-2012, 09:14 PM
yeah I love lobster, but the big ones are old and tough. I like mine young and juicy. ;)

Somehow...I just KNEW you would say that :lol:

Dave Schwartz
07-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Still, I could've helped you. I could eat my weight in lobster. I truly love them. Wow! Its been a long time since I've had a nice fresh one.

Well, girl, you need to hitch up the horses and make your way to Reno because from 3pm on Friday 'til Monday evenin' round 'bout 9pm Boomtown has all-you-can-eat Maine lobster for $25.99!

Y'all come, now. Heeyah?

;)

BTW, Beth and I are heading to your neck of the woods (wherever that is, exactly) come next April. We'll be lookin' forward to seeing y'all.

Dave
Who is already working on his South-Speak.

Grits
07-16-2012, 09:49 PM
I'll be right here to greet y'all, honey. Gotta send you to the best beaches along the coast.

Reno and all the lobster I could hold? I'd dine on it three nights in a row.

Well, girl, you need to hitch up the horses and make your way to Reno because from 3pm on Friday 'til Monday evenin' round 'bout 9pm Boomtown has all-you-can-eat Maine lobster for $25.99!

Y'all come, now. Heeyah?

;)

BTW, Beth and I are heading to your neck of the woods (wherever that is, exactly) come next April. We'll be lookin' forward to seeing y'all.

Dave
Who is already working on his South-Speak.

Wagergirl
07-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Somehow...I just KNEW you would say that :lol:

;) ;) ;)

Dave Schwartz
07-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Grits,

Funny story... Beth and I are in a Red Lobster waiting for a table. Meanwhile, we're visiting "Death Row." You know; The Tank.

There is this one very large lobster trying to make his escape upon the backs of the other lobsters. LOL - Looked like he actually had a shot, although I am not quite sure where he was going.

I go to check on our table and come back just in time to see Beth being her usual humorous self: She is standing next to the tank with her handbag open wide, trying to encourage the big boy into her purse.

Cracked me up.

:lol: :lol:

Grits
07-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Me? He would've crawled in my bag. Then, returning home, I would've forgotten about him.

...... Missed meal and ruined handbag. Damn. :faint:

sammy the sage
07-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Me? He would've crawled in my bag. Then, returning home, I would've forgotten about him.

...... Missed meal and ruined handbag. Damn. :faint:

I like the sense of humor....however in THIS case...I just DON'T believe ya ;)

lamboguy
07-17-2012, 08:24 AM
chicken lobster's are the best. you can also buy one claw chicken lobster's that are called culls a little less expensive.

i could ramble on about the time i had a restaurant in the early 70's that was an all you can eat deal with the culls. but it would probably bore you to death.

cj's dad
07-17-2012, 08:27 AM
I don't know if the place is still open (been 25 years) but there was a great seafood place in Thunderbolt, Ga. 5-10 miles south of Savannah.

The place sits at the confluence of the Savannah River and the Atlantic. Great scenery ( I was told that nearly every night there is a lightning show with accompanying thunder-pretty cool) and the best stuffed lobster I've ever had. It was stuffed with shrimp imperial. The size was pretty big and like Dave I was embarrassed when it was served.

lamboguy
07-17-2012, 08:40 AM
i knew the place well, i had an uncle that lived in the landing and we went to dinner there around 1994. the place was great.