PDA

View Full Version : Garbled past performances-- help sought

Turfway Ed
07-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Could someone help me fix this problem?

I've been downloading and printing occasional past performances from Brisnet's //www.trks2day/Sunday (an excellent site for those who are not aware).

My problem, as of the last 2-3 days, is : I get the site and the day's menu of races. When I click on the "ultimate past performances," I get instead of the pp's, I get a page of hieroglyphics that would make the Egyptians proud.

I have a Mac and use Firefox as my browser.

How do I get the pp's? (I get a message that says something about "scripts", if that helps you.

Thanks for your time.

acorn54
07-15-2012, 10:52 AM
i have called bris net. the woman there told me there is a "bug" in their multicap race files, so i haven't been able to download the multicap files the past two days.
i would suggest calling bris.net about your problem, there might be something wrong with other products they offer besides the multicap data files.

Capper Al
07-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Could someone help me fix this problem?

I've been downloading and printing occasional past performances from Brisnet's //www.trks2day/Sunday (an excellent site for those who are not aware).

My problem, as of the last 2-3 days, is : I get the site and the day's menu of races. When I click on the "ultimate past performances," I get instead of the pp's, I get a page of hieroglyphics that would make the Egyptians proud.

I have a Mac and use Firefox as my browser.

How do I get the pp's? (I get a message that says something about "scripts", if that helps you.

Thanks for your time.

You do play the horses! Good luck with the MAC.

Turfway Ed
07-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks, Acorn. I will do that and I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Turfway Ed
07-15-2012, 10:56 AM
You're supposed to be enjoying "the world other than racing." I'm going to tell Kathy.

Capper Al
07-15-2012, 10:56 AM
I just went to your website and my anti-virus, McAfee, is giving me warnings about the site.

Capper Al
07-15-2012, 10:58 AM
You're supposed to be enjoying "the world other than racing." I'm going to tell Kathy.

She pulls me out of my man cave when she has had enough.

Turfway Ed
07-15-2012, 11:02 AM
MAC's don't get viruses. At least I read that they don't.

Virus for my e-mail address? trks2day/ ???

Milkshaker
07-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Not sure if this will help with BRIS files, but...

I have found occasionally that when printing DRF.com past performances, the printer "forgets" or garbles the requested font. It truly looks like horse racing PP cuts from another bizarro planet!

When this happens, if a printer reset doesn't work, I select "print as image" from the advanced printer options (thus bypassing the font recognition).

This issue comes and goes with my printer, but "print as image" always solves it for me.

Tom
07-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Maybe your version of Adobe?
I cannot open any PDF files from that site with FF, but can with IE or Chrome.
No idea why......but every time.

duncan04
07-15-2012, 11:56 PM
When I have that problem I just reopen them or "refresh" it and it comes up normal.

Al Gobbi
07-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Not sure if this will help with BRIS files, but...

I have found occasionally that when printing DRF.com past performances, the printer "forgets" or garbles the requested font. It truly looks like horse racing PP cuts from another bizarro planet!

When this happens, if a printer reset doesn't work, I select "print as image" from the advanced printer options (thus bypassing the font recognition).

This issue comes and goes with my printer, but "print as image" always solves it for me.

I had the same problems with the harness pp's from Woodbine earlier in the year. The PAI option worked to correct it.

vegasone
07-16-2012, 02:04 AM
Seems some fool has been adding extra "comments" to some names(trainer I believe) which will cause your program to crash if it isn't expecting it. This is in some few multicap files. I haven't fixed my program to get around this but just edit the files to remove the extra stuff. I was going to post the problem but never go around to it....

This may or may not be related to whatever problem you are having.

Kellysdad
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
First day here and I see this thread (go figure). I use my iPod Touch to access the (Free) Brisnet PP's through horseracing.about.com then forward them to my printer. It's been working fine for YEARS and in the past few days I have experienced the exact same issues; displays fine, but when converting to print it changes a 3 page PP into 47 pages of computer script. It only does this on the iPod (Apple product), from the Laptop (Windows) everything is A-OK. Hope it gets sorted out soon.