PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Video?

andicap
04-13-2001, 09:35 AM
Which tracks post streaming video on their websites?
You can combine an ebet with this and get a virtual YouBet -- plus you get more tracks to bet.

andicap

JimG
04-13-2001, 10:06 AM
Andicap:

That's exactly what got me to looking into E-bet as an alternative to YouBet. The Churchill Downs tracks and NYRA do audio only. Lone Star has nothing I could find. Penn National, Meadowlands, Oaklawn, Charlestown, Bay Meadows, Santa Anita, Keeneland, Sportsmans, Gulfstream can be found at their respective web sites or on broadcast.com. I recommend Cindy Pierson's horse racing site as a good collection of where the audio/video for various tracks reside. If you need the url, let me know and I'll look it up.

Jim

Whitehos
04-13-2001, 10:09 AM
Andy,
About .com lists all the tracks that offer video. There are not too many. However you can combine Real Player thru Racing Channel and Philly Phone Bet with any other program and get decent video.
Open an account with Philly Phone Bet for $25. Its worth the money to get the better video.
Whitehos

MikeH
04-13-2001, 11:52 AM
I've been using Beulah Park's Winticket.com for about 6 months now and they have been great. E-Bet's system is very similar to Winticket.

JimG
04-14-2001, 10:47 AM
In connection with the video offered for Philly Park customers through the racing channel. Is the video really good if you have a cable modem? If so, it probably is worth $25 to sign up with Philly Park just to get the video.

If they only offer up to 56k it would not be worth it to me. Appreciate any feedback.

Jim

Dave Schwartz
04-14-2001, 10:53 AM
JimG,

I use the Philly Park download. It is excellent. I am on broadband (T1 speed) so it flies.

Be aware that many tracks have their own as well. The thing that is nice about Philly is that they pick up a few that don't have their own like Pimlico.

There is a problem sometimes with the order in which they prefer tracks, so I usually keep my Real Player tuned in to Bay Meadows and a couple of others so as to not miss anything.

Also, Real Player does crash from time to time (usually once a day) which demands a reboot to get the video back.

JimG
04-16-2001, 07:45 PM
Dave and Whitehos...thanks for the tip regarding Philly Phone Bet...it works like a charm. The video is really good on the cable modem with a nice selection of tracks. Although it is interesting to note I could not sign up for Philly Phone bet over the phone. Told me I had to fax a bunch of information to them. I noticed that they had a sister service, Account Wagering Inc., which offers wagering on dogs and horses. They took the info over the phone and like magic, I now have video.

Jim

Dave Schwartz
04-16-2001, 10:13 PM
I had a conversation with the guys at Philly Park the other day. Seems they have discontinued the "at home Tiny Tim" service. Dang, just when I wanted to get started with it. (The Tiny Tim is a betting terminal that connects over the telephone. The old deal was pay $30 per month or wager $7k per month.)

Anyway, they said that they were about to start testing a new service... a voicebet system... no operators! I am looking forward to trying that. Apparently I will get to beta test it.

I'll keep you posted.