PDA

View Full Version : Figure this on a computer -- AP 7/14 race #8

Capper Al
07-15-2012, 07:06 AM
Yesterday race #8 at Arlington Park, 9.5 F (Turf) AmercnDb-G3 ($200K) 3yo. Apparently Striker had it right about SILVER MAX .

I just hope it wasn't the game plan from the beginning to scare other owners/trainers away when he was never going to run in this race to begin with, which will happen when you have one of the best, if not the best 3yo turfer right now. Part of the game sure, but low class IMO.

Trainer Dale Romans had three horses entered;

#2 COZZETTI (who won),
#6 SILVER MAX (who Striker is talking about and was scratched), and
#7 QUICK WIT.

The #5 DADDY NOSE BEST was the logical favorite after SILVER MAX and SACHEM SPIRIT scratched. While I was making my wagers, without using the winner, I was thinking about what Striker said. I noticed that both of Romans' horses were going off at below half of the morning line. Did the smart money pick up on the trainer's move? They didn't know which of Romans' horses was going to win so they just bet both of them down? Was this a coincidence?

cj
07-15-2012, 02:07 PM
What does a computer have to do with this? The horse scratched, I handicapped the race like he wasn't in it...period. I posted in another thread DNB was a terrible favorite, and he ran like it. Had Silver Max ran, DNB would have been a terrible second choice.

ArlJim78
07-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Daddy Knows Best was not an obvious favorite to me. In fact like cj I figured him to be an auto toss. I don't get what people were looking at when they bet him down so much. Silver Max would have been a deserving favorite had he run, but with him out you had to be looking at horses like All Stormy or the Romans horses.

Tom
07-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Figure this on a computer -- AP 7/14 race #8

HTR figured the top two.

Capper Al
07-16-2012, 08:42 PM
HTR figured the top two.

I can get the #1, but how does HTR get the #2?