PDA

View Full Version : Arlington Million Preview Day

Striker
07-13-2012, 09:01 PM
IF you are capping for Arlington Saturday just passing along that Sachem Spirit is out of the American Derby and last person I talked to at Arlington a few hours ago said Silver Max wasn't on the grounds but Quick Wit and Cozzetti haved arrived. So it is a good guess that Silver Max will not run saturday. And Romans said that the plan was to run Silver MAx in this race all along. Interested to see what he says about this.

MickJ26
07-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Hopefully for Romans, Arlington doesn't have a detention barn.

Striker
07-13-2012, 11:15 PM
I just hope it wasn't the game plan from the beginning to scare other owners/trainers away when he was never going to run in this race to begin with, which will happen when you have one of the best, if not the best 3yo turfer right now. Part of the game sure, but low class IMO.

sammy the sage
07-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Silver Max needs FIRM turf to win...I was going to bet AGAINST today...seems trainer has figured THAT out...rats :bang:

ten2oneormore
07-14-2012, 01:33 PM
I just hope it wasn't the game plan from the beginning to scare other owners/trainers away when he was never going to run in this race to begin with, which will happen when you have one of the best, if not the best 3yo turfer right now. Part of the game sure, but low class IMO.

Pretty sure that is exactly what happened.Trying to give Cozzetti and Quick Wit an easier field.

cj
07-14-2012, 05:45 PM
I think Daddy Nose Best is a terrible favorite today.

ten2oneormore
07-14-2012, 06:37 PM
I think Daddy Nose Best is a terrible favorite today.

Doesn't class always win ?

cj
07-14-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't know how to define class, but I know the winner was the fastest coming in, and going out.

ten2oneormore
07-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Was referring to this thread.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94379&highlight=class+wins

Think its fairly obvious a horse coming out of a couple Grade 1s in a field full of horses coming out of allowance races and ungraded stakes is the "class horse".

I agree about Cozzetti although a case could have been made for the 1 going in.

cj
07-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Was referring to this thread.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94379&highlight=class+wins

Think its fairly obvious a horse coming out of a couple Grade 1s in a field full of horses coming out of allowance races and ungraded stakes is the "class horse".

I agree about Cozzetti although a case could have been made for the 1 going in.

I knew you were joking. My figures had the race 2-1-4-7, which is why I hated the 5. Favorites not rated in my top 3 have a horrendous ROI.

bigmack
07-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Favorites not rated in my top 3 have a horrendous ROI.
Good way to find false fav's.

sammy the sage
07-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Silver Max going to Colonial for the Big one

Valuist
07-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Still think Silver Max should go in the Million. Big time drought here in the Midwest. They can try to water the course but there's only so much they can do.