PDA

View Full Version : Need NY par time

andicap
01-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Anyone tell me which class at Aqueduct is equivelant to the 25,000 non-winners of 2 lifetime races for older horses they run all the time. Awful races full of 1-18 horses so I need to know via par times, etc. are they similar to MSW? NW1, New York-bred?
I always figured they were about one step up from maiden claimers.

Also, where do the NW1 and NW2 NY bred races fall in the hierarchy?

thanks

sjk
01-12-2004, 07:06 PM
I have the R25000NW2L about even with the open C10000 and about 2 pts better than the MSW.

The state-bred nw1x appears to be about the same as the open MSW and the state-bred NW2X is 7 1/2 pts faster.

All these are during the winter. Probably a bit different during the rest of the year when the open maidens run better.

jotb
01-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Anyone tell me which class at Aqueduct is equivelant to the 25,000 non-winners of 2 lifetime races for older horses they run all the time. Awful races full of 1-18 horses so I need to know via par times, etc. are they similar to MSW? NW1, New York-bred?
I always figured they were about one step up from maiden claimers.

Also, where do the NW1 and NW2 NY bred races fall in the hierarchy?

thanks

No doubt in my mind that the 2L 25k is weak but believe it or not it's as strong as an open MSW ofr older horses and I guess this happens because many of those winners drop in from a higher class level. Just the other day Mott dropped in a horse into this class level but he was coming down from an ALW2L. The last 3 years not including this year thus far they have ran the N2L 25K for older horses 15 times at several distances. I believe 8 races were run at 3960 feet. If you don't feel comfortable with the above info you can say that the NW2L is equiv to a NW1X for NY breds. As far as the other NY bred condition ALW2X, I would say it lines up well with the 18k to 20k claimers.

Regards,
Joe

Speed Figure
01-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Looks like there is value in buying "DAVE'S PAR TIMES"!:rolleyes:

andicap
01-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Touche