PDA

View Full Version : Betmaker...

Dony55
07-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Has anyone tried joining this site, it is virtually impossible to open an account. Yesterday me and a buddy were browsing around looking for betting exhanges with titles of bet and came across bettor, but for some reason they didnt accept canadians and not wanting to join betfair we decided to try and join Betmaker. Further looking into the site, i was turned off, it was as if this place was mickey- mouse betting exchange , the markets look weak with nearly no liquidity in both Sports and Horses. However they seem to have a big political market which is what i was hoping to wager on. The question is how if this is a legitmate site they can survive and why it is almost impossible to join??? If anyone wants to try and join and see if it works for them and post that would be good, as i am curious as to why i couldint join more than anything now.

highnote
07-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Has anyone tried joining this site, it is virtually impossible to open an account. Yesterday me and a buddy were browsing around looking for betting exhanges with titles of bet and came across bettor, but for some reason they didnt accept canadians and not wanting to join betfair we decided to try and join Betmaker. Further looking into the site, i was turned off, it was as if this place was mickey- mouse betting exchange , the markets look weak with nearly no liquidity in both Sports and Horses. However they seem to have a big political market which is what i was hoping to wager on. The question is how if this is a legitmate site they can survive and why it is almost impossible to join??? If anyone wants to try and join and see if it works for them and post that would be good, as i am curious as to why i couldint join more than anything now.

I joined a british betting company called inter-bets.com back in the early 2000s and they went out of business and never returned the balance of my account.

I also joined the betting exchange ibetx.com. They also refused to send me my balance when they went out of business.

Andy Beyer lost the money in his account when a legal ADW went out of business.

I recall one PaceAdvantage member being owed a million dollars by NYRA. I do not know if he ever got his money. Does anyone know if he was ever paid?

You might be better off betting with your neighborhood bookie. At least he's liable to have a bit of integrity and business-sense. :D

Whatever you do, caveat emptor.

classhandicapper
07-14-2012, 11:34 AM
IMO keeping money at a really small/new place like that is a calculated risk.

If you think you can win enough extra money over time to warrant the risk of losing your entire bankroll eventually, it might still be worth it. But I wouldn't keep a lot of money there.

Let's say you bet 10K-15K over the first year on the exchange and you netted an extra $1000. That would be OK even if you lost your entire $950 bankroll the next year when they went bust (assuming you withdrew the 1K).

Essentially you are gambling twice.

Once on the horses and once on the odds of getting your money back vs. the higher prices and opportunity to make bets on other events you'll have by being there.

Make two odds lines. :lol: