listed on DRF and Twinspires on Dirt

so i singled the 7 Church Avenue on my Pic6 because of this

i was 4 for 4 at this point

i watch the race and its on turf

wtf?!?!

Same here,W.T.F

elhelmete
07-12-2012, 08:52 PM
3rd race at Hollywood tomorrow looks like the same thing...my DRF Formulator shows it at 6 furlongs but with "Rail at 10 feet" and all the Closer Look comments refer to turf.

And oddly...none of the trainer stats include turf stats. Must be linked to the turf designation in the condition up in the header. WTF indeed

David-LV
07-12-2012, 09:37 PM
3rd race at Hollywood tomorrow looks like the same thing...my DRF Formulator shows it at 6 furlongs but with "Rail at 10 feet" and all the Closer Look comments refer to turf.

And oddly...none of the trainer stats include turf stats. Must be linked to the turf designation in the condition up in the header. WTF indeed

Hollywood's only turf race on Friday is the 7th race.

Their must be a problem with the new coding with the change to Betfair Hollywood Park.

_______
David-LV

elhelmete
07-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Hollywood's only turf race on Friday is the 7th race.

Their must be a problem with the new coding with the change to Betfair Hollywood Park.

_______
David-LV

I dunno...I'll take another look, but i'm almost certain it's a turf race. Of course I threw out my condition book and HOL's website is down...

picojim
07-12-2012, 10:01 PM
on equibase site its says (All Weather Track) (Rail at 10 Feet)
for race 3

David-LV
07-12-2012, 10:17 PM
I dunno...I'll take another look, but i'm almost certain it's a turf race. Of course I threw out my condition book and HOL's website is down...

The racing form has the 7th race as the only turf race.

Below is the 3ed race from Bris.
I don't understand why it has the rail at 10 ft.
It is also in the header of the Daily Racing Form ?????
The horses entered in the 3ed races are not turf horses.

3rd Race (http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=int&country=USA&track=BHP&date=2012-07-13&race=3) - Hollywood Park - Friday, July 13th, 2012 CLAIMING. 6 Furlongs Synthetic. Purse $25,000. FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON TWO RACES. Three Year Olds, 120 lbs.; Older, 124 lbs. Non-winners of a race in 2012 Allowed 2 lbs. . Claiming Price $25,000, if for $22,500, allowed 2 lbs. (Rail at 10 feet). (08:03 PM)
1Crimson Giant3 GL 118Linares Modesto Stutts Charles R. 2You Little Devil4 GL 122Puglisi Ignacio Aguirre Paul G. 3Call Me Jones3 GL 120Quinonez Alonso Knapp Steve 4Secret Spy3 GL 116Krigger Kevin Miller Peter 5Above Par4 GL 119Flores Eswan Fanning Jerry M. 6Father Pabst4 GL 124Hernandez Juan J.Cerin Vladimir

________
David-LV

elhelmete
07-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Yeah, don't look like turf horses. There are 2 turf starts total in the field.

Speed Figure
07-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Yeah, don't look like turf horses. There are 2 turf starts total in the field.
Every horse in the race had made at least 2 starts on turf!

elhelmete
07-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Every horse in the race had made at least 2 starts on turf!
My PPs show 2 turf starts for the whole field.

NJ Stinks
07-13-2012, 01:24 AM

I bought the Daily Racing Program (a DRF product) for tomorrow. It says the 3rd race at Hollywood on Friday is on the turf. According to the info in front of me, only two turf starts previously for the entire field. (Six horses are entered.)

David-LV
07-13-2012, 02:00 AM
I bought the Daily Racing Program (a DRF product) for tomorrow. It says the 3rd race at Hollywood on Friday is on the turf. According to the info in front of me, only two turf starts previously for the entire field. (Six horses are entered.)

I just downloaded the Hollywood form for Friday from DRF's website and it has the 3rd race on synthetic, also the entries for the 3rd race on Hollywood's website has the same info.

_______
David-LV

Speed Figure
07-13-2012, 02:03 AM
My PPs show 2 turf starts for the whole field.
I was talking about the 7th race on Thursday.

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2012, 02:14 AM
It appears that products that used an early version of Hollywood's Friday card have the 3rd race listed as being on the turf (and they use an early version of the file because So.Cal. is one of the few areas that refuses to go final with their cards no earlier than 24 hours out...most tracks go final with changes 48 hours out).

I would be interested to know what surface the print edition of the DRF has for the Hollywood third race later today?

Al Gobbi
07-13-2012, 02:44 AM
It appears that products that used an early version of Hollywood's Friday card have the 3rd race listed as being on the turf (and they use an early version of the file because So.Cal. is one of the few areas that refuses to go final with their cards no earlier than 24 hours out...most tracks go final with changes 48 hours out).

I would be interested to know what surface the print edition of the DRF has for the Hollywood third race later today?

It is a turf race. Print DRF likely has the surface map as dirt though (M/L now printed in all DRF materials 48 hours out yet is withheld from any other type of files)

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2012, 02:48 AM
So you're saying it's mistakenly listed as a turf race in the paper edition of the DRF, but has a dirt track diagram?

Al Gobbi
07-13-2012, 03:10 AM
So you're saying it's mistakenly listed as a turf race in the paper edition of the DRF, but has a dirt track diagram?

The race is a turf race (see HOL overnight sheet) but the DRF/Equibase and the official HOL track program have the dirt track diagram.

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Now I'm confused, because everything I see currently online has it listed as a dirt race (regardless of the diagram).

See here:

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/BHP071312USA-EQB.html

BetCrazyGirl
07-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Is this for today? The 3rd race? Twinspires states the surface is turf.

elhelmete
07-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Condition book shows it as a turf race.

David-LV
07-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Condition book shows it as a turf race.

You can never go by the condition book, the condition book shows the 3rd race on Friday July 13 as a 5.5 furlong race on the synthetic and shows races 6,7, & 8 as turf races. If the races don't fill the racing sec. changes things around to fill the card for the day.

I just checked with the Hollywood website and the official track program for the 3rd race is 6 furlongs on the turf, this is a very strange situation.

_________
David-LV

David-LV
07-13-2012, 10:46 AM
I just downloaded the Hollywood form for Friday from DRF's website and it has the 3rd race on synthetic, also the entries for the 3rd race on Hollywood's website has the same info.

_______
David-LV

I just downloaded the form again this morning and now the 3rd race has been corrected to a 6 furlong race on the turf out of the chute.
So I'm guessing that it is really a turf race.
So we shall see when they run the race tonight.
Very confusing!!

________
David-LV

David-LV
07-13-2012, 11:02 AM
I just spoke to the racing office at 7:58 AM PDT at Hollywood and the 3rd race tonight is on the turf.

_______
David-LV

RonTiller
07-13-2012, 01:31 PM
I did some research on these 2 races.

Both the 7th on Thursday and the 3rd on Friday were changed from turf to synthetic just before 3:00pm EST, the day before the race. Then the cards were finalized shortly after that and the final data files sent out with the races on synthetic.

The 7th on Thursday was changed BACK to turf on Thursday, race day, around noon. Somebody evidently caught the error.

The 3rd on Friday, the one changed from turf to synthetic at 3:00pm on Thursday, was changed back to turf an hour later, with no notification.

Both were on turf. Both were changed to synthetic at the last moment (why???), which caused wrong files and PPs to be printed/distributed. Both were at some point corrected back to turf (one on race day, one an hour after the error was made). Both confused the hell out of everybody.

Simple.

Ron Tiller
HDW

Tom
07-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Not only can't tracks time their races, they don't even know where their races are being run!

What a pathetic industry this is. Losers.

Tom
07-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Not only can't tracks time their races, they don't even know where their races are being run!

Maybe in the future, in order to accommodate the simpletons that run racing, we can use the terms green and brown and gray instead of turf or dirt or synth.:rolleyes:

bigmack
07-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Tough to argue with that.