PDA

View Full Version : Team USA To Be Decked Out in Uniforms Made in China

sammy the sage
07-12-2012, 08:32 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/team-usa-decked-uniforms-made-china-010545973--abc-news-topstories.html

Surely...somebody's head gonna roll after this...

Let the BLAME game begin....

DJofSD
07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Something's not jiving. Made in China, but man, those prices are sky high! And how often do they actually wear them duds? Twice?

Tom
07-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Surely this is not the end of the world, but it should be the end of somebody's job.

If we cannot find a place in the USA to buy our team's gear, we don't deserve to field a team.

NJ Stinks
07-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Surely this is not the end of the world, but it should be the end of somebody's job.

If we cannot find a place in the USA to buy our team's gear, we don't deserve to field a team.

Surely you jest. This is a Republican's dream come true. Cheap labor, no overtime or benefits to pay the workers. And if we are really lucky - maybe even an American entrepeneur owns the company that outsourced the jobs to China in order to cash!

Frankly, I'm surprised nobody here said our Olympians should be proud to wear these uniforms. :rolleyes:

Tom
07-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Hard to be proud when you look French and where Chinese.
And it might be a republican dream, but it is a conservative's nightmare.

GaryG
07-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Surely you jest. This is a Republican's dream come true. Cheap labor, no overtime or benefits to pay the workers.No, what we need is American non-union labor to get the job done at a fair price. Screw the unions!

mostpost
07-12-2012, 05:28 PM
No, what we need is American non-union labor to get the job done at a fair price. Screw the unions!
Hey, if you can't get a girl.........

elysiantraveller
07-12-2012, 09:20 PM
I'd be more pissed about how they look than where they are made... :eek:

horses4courses
07-12-2012, 09:31 PM
The question that occurred to me is this:

Have the US Olympic team uniforms been US-made in the past?
Our duds for hanging out in Beijing were made where?
My money would be on Asian-made, I'm afraid.

The one positive that may come from this?
US-made uniforms for Brazil '16. :ThmbUp:

OntheRail
07-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Just look at them... looks like the stepped right out of any Toonami Anime. Of course they were made in China... if they had not been I would of been more surprised.

bigmack
07-12-2012, 11:57 PM
I haven't seen Hawwy Weed so upset since they pulled the plug on cowboy poetry.

TJDave
07-13-2012, 03:40 AM

"We" don't field anything. Team USA is funded by corporate sponsors. They decide where the uniforms are manufactured.

Tom
07-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Yes, and THEY represent US, and THEY expect US to support THEM, event though THEY do not support US jobs.

Screw them.
I'll root for Canada.

Vengeance of Rain
07-19-2012, 08:22 PM
On a semi-related note (meaning this is the only Olympics thread in town) what does this have to do with the Olympics?

Is it me?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2174275/Roll-models-revealed-Kate-Moss-Naomi-Campbell-Lily-Cole-Georgia-May-Jagger-showcase-best-British-fashion-catwalk-Olympic-closing-ceremony.html