PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Dancer Memorial Trot

Oskar
07-10-2012, 09:07 PM
The talent in the two divisions of the Stanley Dancer is a bit lopsided, with most of the better colts—except for Uncle Peter and Banker Volo--in the second division.

Vic Smith has the rail inside of Uncle Peter, but he’s been off three weeks and didn’t make any progress from two to three.

Uncle Peter,who gets Pierce, won the BC last year but he hasn’t been very impressive in 2012. He’s got three losses and a couple of wins. He won a division of the PA Allstars last week at 1-9 and earlier in the spring won a division of the Super Bowl. UP should outclass Banker Volo, but who knows what the ceiling is for that one.

From Above has talent but isn’t ready for this.

Big Chocolate has regressed.

Banker Volo, who didn’t race at two, is four for four this year, as he moves up the nw 2, 3 and 4 ladder. He’s very fast and there’s no telling how good he is. He has two wins at M1 and came from a mile back to win the second one for Tetrick. Jim Morrill has handled him for Erv Miller in his two starts at Pocono. In the last one he blew up the back in 26.3 and won under a snug hold in 52.3. This Yankee Glide colt is the real deal.

In the second division you have the two-year-old champ, Possess The Will, in the five for Tetrick. Last year he won the Valley Victory, Blueridge, Reynolds and International Stallion Stakes. Sickness delayed his 2012 debut which was a second place finish to Money On My Mind in last week’s Reynolds. He’s getting ready for the Hambletonion, which I think he’ll win.

Googoo Gaagaa drew the seven. It will be a relief for him to get away from the Yonkers half. I wonder how those two breaks will sit with the bettors? Will they hold it against him? This is by far the toughest field he’s faced so far. After the issues he had racing Goo in the hole last week, I imagine Callahan will try to get to the top and control the race. Then again, in his one 2012 start over this track—Simpson—Callahan left cautiously and moved to the top between the3/8 and the ½. He had the eight post in that race and won easily, but this field is far superior to that one.

Little Brown Fox has finished second and third behind Goo. He won the NJSS final as well as a preliminary leg. He gets Gingras. Takter’s other colt in this division, Guccio, gets stuck with him in the bike, again. He’s like a curse on poor Guccio.

Money On My Mind, who took the top and backed it down in last week’s Reynolds, has the three.

One In A Million, who has the outside post, has also looked promising against lesser.