8- 5 1 3

Solid_Gold
07-09-2012, 12:43 PM
SUFFOLK

3- 8 7 6 4

6- 9 3 5 8

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Why not post the results of your selections? Nobody is asking you to give away your secrets. But if anyone is thinking of following you, or you want everyone to know how good you are (and that's why you're posting these), give us a reply each night with a recap on how you did...if you are the winner you claim to be, doing such a thing will only serve to shut up any critics.

Solid_Gold
07-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Why not post the results of your selections? Nobody is asking you to give away your secrets. But if anyone is thinking of following you, or you want everyone to know how good you are (and that's why you're posting these), give us a reply each night with a recap on how you did...if you are the winner you claim to be, doing such a thing will only serve to shut up any critics.

Well PA, I can't do that without posting my figs and I'm not doing that for all the races I post.

Maybe some of your experts could post some free picks too?

Solid_Gold
07-09-2012, 02:57 PM
4-1
4-1
4-1

what can't you people understand about that?

Robert Fischer
07-09-2012, 03:34 PM
PARX

8- 3 9 10 1

3-1-10

3 is pretty strong
i will cheer on the 4 here at a huge price
want to see how Luis Villanueva rides the turf 20-1 shot
6 is also a longshot in here

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Well PA, I can't do that without posting my figs and I'm not doing that for all the races I post.

Maybe some of your experts could post some free picks too?Why would you need to post your figs to report how your picks did at the end of the day?

Solid_Gold
07-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Why would you need to post your figs to report how your picks did at the end of the day?

PA, the figs decide the plays! You guys figure it out, hell you know it all without ever posting selections even, amazing!

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2012, 03:58 PM
PA, the figs decide the plays! You guys figure it out, hell you know it all without ever posting selections even, amazing!What is with your attitude towards me?

If the figs decide the play, then what you're saying is, your "selections" posted here are useless without the figs.

So why do you post them? Nobody can use them, and nobody can tell if they're winning...

Solid_Gold
07-09-2012, 04:05 PM
What is with your attitude towards me?

If the figs decide the play, then what you're saying is, your "selections" posted here are useless without the figs.

So why do you post them? Nobody can use them, and nobody can tell if they're winning...

Like I offered b4 pick a race and I'll give you the figs. It's not that hard.

You and you boy Dahoss started with me, I couldn't care less what you think.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Like I offered b4 pick a race and I'll give you the figs. It's not that hard.

You and you boy Dahoss started with me, I couldn't care less what you think.How did *I* start with you?

And Dahoss is certainly not my boy. Your attitude sucks.

And your picks are, by your own admission, worthless.

Solid_Gold
07-09-2012, 04:29 PM
How did *I* start with you?

And Dahoss is certainly not my boy. Your attitude sucks.

And your picks are, by your own admission, worthless.

Your first post to me was "quit while you're behind". When I posted hoss'es selections for 6/16 and they got worse so don't lecture me. I'm the one here with my ass on the line posting picks at least.

My picks are Solid_Gold baby! Where do you post your selections???

Any idiot can make fun or condemn what they don't understand.

BlueChip@DRF
07-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Somebody needs a hug....

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Your first post to me was "quit while you're behind". When I posted hoss'es selections for 6/16 and they got worse so don't lecture me. I'm the one here with my ass on the line posting picks at least.

My picks are Solid_Gold baby! Where do you post your selections???

Any idiot can make fun or condemn what they don't understand."Quit while your behind," meaning, you criticizing Dahoss' picks is ridiculous, because anyone who has paid attention knows he's proven himself to be the best picker on this board. That's a fact.

I explained this to you privately when you PM'd me and asked what I meant by that.

So again, I'll ask you what's with the attitude?

Your ass isn't on the line, because your picks are worthless without the ratings. You don't give any recaps, and nobody knows what picks you're actually betting, so nothing is on the line here, except your belligerence.

Solid_Gold
07-09-2012, 04:41 PM
PA, where do you post your selections!

Mine are posted here.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2012, 04:44 PM
PA, where do you post your selections!

Mine are posted here.What are your selections? Nobody knows. Thus yours are as good as mine.

Solid_Gold
07-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I forgot the attitude part, my apologies.

I just find it odd that most of the posters busting my stones rarely if ever post ANY picks in the selection thread. But yet they are regulars in the discussion threads. I'm sure me and some others would like to see some proof in da puddin as it were. Even one race a day perhaps? Unless most are just selling a product/paying advertisers?

I'm done for today! Had enough of people pissing down my back and telling me it's raining!

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Let's check how you did today:

Parx - 0 for 7 = ($14.00)

DEL - 3 (3.00, 3.80, 10.60) for 7 = +$3.40

FL - 2 (10.00, 4.60) for 5 = +$4.60

SUF - 0 for 2 = ($4.00)

Total = 5 for 21 ($10.00)

Striker
07-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Let's check how you did today:

Parx - 0 for 7 = ($14.00)

DEL - 3 (3.00, 3.80, 10.60) for 7 = +$3.40

FL - 2 (10.00, 4.60) for 5 = +$4.60

SUF - 0 for 2 = ($4.00)

Total = 5 for 21 ($10.00)
How did you do that without the figs? :)

Robert Fischer
07-09-2012, 05:15 PM
4-1 ;)

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2012, 05:23 PM
4-1 ;)See, that's the point. It would be simple for him to recap every day...following his rules.

He can post the picks in order of whatever preference the "figs" have them in (shouldn't we assume he does?) without having to reveal the figs themselves.

I'm not gonna do all the dirty work here.

Robert Fischer
07-09-2012, 06:15 PM
See, that's the point. It would be simple for him to recap every day...following his rules.

He can post the picks in order of whatever preference the "figs" have them in (shouldn't we assume he does?) without having to reveal the figs themselves.

I'm not gonna do all the dirty work here.

without a consistent pre-determined wager rule and a recap, the selections are, in the very best light, an individual exercise by SG.

They certainly don't give him a leg to stand on when being critical of anyone else in any form or fashion.

PhantomOnTour
07-09-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't put down anyone's picks.
Anyone who posts picks here has looked like a bush leaguer at one time or another. Myself included.

I am not trying to question SG's picks, but do you just bet/post the top four figs in order?
Are these figs an all-encompassing performance number or the standard pace & speed?
Maybe it would be helpful if you highlighted your best plays at each track you post...??

Jay Trotter
07-09-2012, 11:32 PM
I just find it odd that most of the posters busting my stones rarely if ever post ANY picks in the selection thread. But yet they are regulars in the discussion threads. I'm sure me and some others would like to see some proof in da puddin as it were. Even one race a day perhaps? Unless most are just selling a product/paying advertisers?

I'm done for today! Had enough of people pissing down my back and telling me it's raining!SG, you came into my thread -- THE BIG ONE ~ DEL MAR & SARATOGA and busted balls about "$10.00 a day profit" and insinuating the contest is lame; and then you whine here about "posters busting your stones"! Sheesh!

The contest has over $2,000 in Prizes but hey, if you're too good to play for such a small amount then kudos to you Big Boy! The guys who play the contests are putting their ass on the line every day and there are some really sweet cappers posting picks day in and day out.

Maybe you'll come and show us what you got -- likely you'll just stay here in your little world and post numbers without results. :faint:

tbub
07-09-2012, 11:58 PM
my two cents worth. If I am going to use any of your pics on this site(and I have) then it is my responsibility to check results before I go trusting any of your selections. Geez, do you want the picks gift wrapped and sent to your house.
chill dudes.
Terry

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Geez, do you want the picks gift wrapped and sent to your house.
chill dudes.Yeah, chill... :lol:

Darny
07-10-2012, 12:56 AM
These "critics" are CRAZY!!!. If they were to follow your picks and check them at the end of the day themselves, they will be amazed at your strike rate. They are baffeld by your skill, tell them nothing, explain to them nothing.

Einstein said, Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler...

I don't see any winning picks from any of these critics.

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2012, 01:03 AM
I don't see any winning picks from any of these critics.Of course you have. You just refuse to acknowledge them for some reason.

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2012, 01:04 AM
These "critics" are CRAZY!!!. If they were to follow your picks and check them at the end of the day themselves, they will be amazed at your strike rate. They are baffeld by your skill, tell them nothing, explain to them nothing.

Einstein said, Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler...

I don't see any winning picks from any of these critics.How much did you make with his picks Monday? How much have you made with his picks overall to date?

What's your win% and ROI?

Darny
07-10-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm not sure what you'r talking about, ROI and %, I think the % is HIGH.

Take a look at these apples,
Delaware R1. 1643 $1 boxed Tri/Supa. paid $112.40.
R3. 6142 $1 boxed Tri/Supa. paid $125.60, not a lot of money but I could have played R3. COLD!!!,
I dont see selections like this from anybody else.

Today Monday! this the one that knocked all the apples off the tree,
Suffolk Downs.
R6. 9358 $1 boxed Tri/Supa. paid $1834.50
"Sir Golden" I mean Solid Gold does this on a regular, He's the BEST!! I've seen. I spent about $288. boxing the 4 pick selections I thought had a good Tri/Supa value. I spent $288. my returns gross were $2,072.50.figure my % and ROI for me Please and Thank You.[If I had the time to do this everyday,I would'nt have to work.]

Dahoss9698
07-10-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm amazed at the number of people with less than 10 posts to their name that come out of the woodwork to defend certain people. Must just be one of those weird coincidences.

Anyway, you're not sure what an ROI is? Really?

aldens_dad
07-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks for Monmouth race 2 on Sunday Solid Gold. 2$ trifecta box (2,3,1,5) payed me 1100$. If I would of did a superfecta box for a 1$ I could of hit for around $1500.

I am relatively new to horse racing and your picks are a big help for comparing mine too.

It seems silly to hassle someone who does not hurt anyone IMO.

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2012, 10:18 AM
I say we all just start betting his picks...box away!!!!

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2012, 10:20 AM

R3. 6142 $1 boxed Tri/Supa. paid $125.60, not a lot of money but I could have played R3. COLD!!!,

Suffolk Downs.
"Sir Golden" I mean Solid Gold does this on a regular, He's the BEST!! I've seen. I spent about $288. boxing the 4 pick selections I thought had a good Tri/Supa value. I spent $288. my returns gross were $2,072.50.figure my % and ROI for me Please and Thank You.[If I had the time to do this everyday,I would'nt have to work.]You don't have the time to box somebody else's picks? What are you? Allergic to money?

iceknight
07-10-2012, 11:15 AM

Suffolk Downs.
"Sir Golden" I mean Solid Gold does this on a regular, He's the BEST!! I've seen. I spent about $288. boxing the 4 pick selections I thought had a good Tri/Supa value. I spent $288. my returns gross were $2,072.50.figure my % and ROI for me Please and Thank You.[If I had the time to do this everyday,I would'nt have to work.] You are cherry picking some races and basically 'redboarding;. If you had posted your bets (of 288) before the race, then we could agree it is ROI. If not, how does on not know that you did not box ALL the picks for EACH of the races, and the mere chaos in a few races ended up paying out good?

I know that many of SG picks turn out to be good so I am not knocking on that. But the issue being raised was, why does not SG specifically post the criteria of betting interests? He has mentioned it when asked occasionally, but I feel it should not take much extra time to add a standard line at the top mentioning normal selection criteria out of the 4. And occasional recap would nice too. If that is too much work, then posting numbers and asking for feedback is not well justified. However, overall, i think this is some sort of long running back and forth on this board so I am posting a separate short note about it soon! :)

iceknight
07-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks for Monmouth race 2 on Sunday Solid Gold. 2$ trifecta box (2,3,1,5) payed me 1100$. If I would of did a superfecta box for a 1$ I could of hit for around $1500.

I am relatively new to horse racing and your picks are a big help for comparing mine too.

It seems silly to hassle someone who does not hurt anyone IMO. Glad you made lot of money. Just like I did with Court Vision on top in the super in the BC mile 2011 :lol:
Could you have posted *before* Monmouth R2 that raceday? The reason he is being hassled is more because of his seeking praise recently in one of his threads, when in reality it is tough to justify praise if you really have to bet without clearly mentioned criteria

Separately on another topic, It is Could have and would have, not "could of", "would of".

iceknight
07-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I think PA's question was quite legitimate. SG's response to this was another obtuse question. Such attitude. Oh well. Let us begin with the Magnum Opus shall we?

Dahoss9698 v SG: A Short Documentary
Version: draft
updated headline: This conflict might be older than Israel-Palestine conflict.

(I have some extra time this morning and did this mostly for my amusement)

Some history about me before I recap the main story. I joined PA in June 2011. I made my foray into horseracing on Preakness 2011 (late May).

So obviously, I missed the exploits of Dahoss9698 in May 2011 where had singled out a 56-1 winnner at Belmont and some other decent plays. When I look back at this thread you see gushing praise directed at him and he is quite humble about his success. http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82950

you have to understand that when Dahoss first asked SG in 2012 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1261521&postcount=5), he was very polite and clear in his request. However, I am not sure if SG's attitude in response was most appropriate. After that, the rest is history based on back and forth internet posting, thread hijacking etc etc.

(Frantic update - Just discovered links back to 2010 http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78644)

Sad, but what could have been some really nice discussion (with SG adding reasons and Dahoss sharing some knowledge in handicapper's cafe - IF they had WANTED to..). I know that there are several here who do not like to share any edge or knowledge because they feel it is a parimutuel game. In some cases, sharing an opinion also just leads to arguments with conflicting points of view (different opinions on the same race, hence the toteboard, right? <-- quote attributed to JP Reddam)

Now, move on to June/july 2012 and suddenly it seems like Dahoss9698 feels that people could be praised *only* if they post singles. (Shortened PA link) http://goo.gl/Hoq39.

The fact that got missed out was that some people play .10 supers and boxing 4 costs them only 2.40. A little more than singling a winner at $2. While the payouts may be few and far between, sometimes the supers hit and the payout is real good. This may not justify boxing ALL picks in ALL races posted by SG/Goofy etc. But where your handicapping matches his and the odds look good, it might be a good strategy.

Their picks being posted does not mean you have to bet them. Anyone can analyze data for a few weeks and then decide/identify which tracks he is more successful or which type of race he is more successful etc and then use those in the future. I have that data (not shareable), on his as well as several other handicappers/webposters and I use that in conjuction with "my worst races/tracks" (i.e. I take their data's help in tracks where I tend to do worst - e.g Turf 1 mile, Tampa Bay etc).

So to abruptly conclude, since I am able to figure out when this back and forth war started, I would just say this: You guys both post picks that may be good after the race, but before the race is run- they just stand as opinions. But it is fun to see those opinions and in some cases, it becomes financially rewarding too, if I have the guts to throw down a few on those.

Dahoss9698
07-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Not often am I left speechless, but wow, no one has ever been THAT bored, have they?

I have no ongoing conflict with Solid Gold. I find him funny and manage to ignore most of his nonsense. But when you start throwing shots because no one pays you attention and pretend you retire on 4 picks a race, I have to say something.

If for no other reason, than it appears a lot of newbies (or at least infrequent posters) seem to find their way to 4 picks a race threads. I think it's a terrible intro for a newbie because it's not realisitic. No one plays like that and if they do they certainly aren't retiring by boxing 4 horses every race.

Lastly, I don't feel as though people should only be praised for singles. Only a complete and total idiot would take that away from my interaction with Goofyscott. I asked him how he decides to single, because his picks don't note singles. he avoided the question, because he has no answer, but not an out of bounds question for someone boasting about cashing 40k in tickets over a month span.

BlueChip@DRF
07-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Just like I did with Court Vision on top in the super in the BC mile 2011 :lol:

I was wondering who had the other ticket.

Robert Fischer
07-10-2012, 02:52 PM
guess SG is trolling after all ...

Suffolk Downs.
"Sir Golden" I mean Solid Gold does this on a regular, He's the BEST!! I've seen. I spent about $288. boxing the 4 pick selections I thought had a good Tri/Supa value. I spent $288. my returns gross were $2,072.50.figure my % and ROI for me Please and Thank You.[If I had the time to do this everyday,I would'nt have to work.]

Solid_Gold
07-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Not often am I left speechless, but wow, no one has ever been THAT bored, have they?

I have no ongoing conflict with Solid Gold. I find him funny and manage to ignore most of his nonsense. But when you start throwing shots because no one pays you attention and pretend you retire on 4 picks a race, I have to say something.

If for no other reason, than it appears a lot of newbies (or at least infrequent posters) seem to find their way to 4 picks a race threads. I think it's a terrible intro for a newbie because it's not realisitic. No one plays like that and if they do they certainly aren't retiring by boxing 4 horses every race.

Lastly, I don't feel as though people should only be praised for singles. Only a complete and total idiot would take that away from my interaction with Goofyscott. I asked him how he decides to single, because his picks don't note singles. he avoided the question, because he has no answer, but not an out of bounds question for someone boasting about cashing 40k in tickets over a month span.

Whatever you say is cool with me! Yet you just keep showing up in my threads. I am however retired at 59 yrs. of age and this is what I do now.
3-4 picks per race is the way to go when you require 4-1 min. odds so why would one limit themselves to just one horse per race totally escapes me!
Basically you seem mad because Goofyscott won't tell you nuttin' either?
Christ, get a girlfriend or something. Better yet spend some time capping, you'll get better?

RaceBookJoe
07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
I say we all just start betting his picks...box away!!!!

Not allowed..you have way too many posts :)

Dahoss9698
07-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Whatever you say is cool with me! Yet you just keep showing up in my threads. I am however retired at 59 yrs. of age and this is what I do now.
3-4 picks per race is the way to go when you require 4-1 min. odds so why would one limit themselves to just one horse per race totally escapes me!
Basically you seem mad because Goofyscott won't tell you nuttin' either?
Christ, get a girlfriend or something. Better yet spend some time capping, you'll get better?

It's not about limiting oneself to one horse per race. Only someone with no understanding of betting would say that. But what kind of douche pats themself on the back with what you provide?

Look, I get it. You guys don't have the balls to actually bet, so you do this. Very impressive.

Solid_Gold
07-10-2012, 04:02 PM
It's not about limiting oneself to one horse per race. Only someone with no understanding of betting would say that. But what kind of douche pats themself on the back with what you provide?

Look, I get it. You guys don't have the balls to actually bet, so you do this. Very impressive.

Hoss, take a break from bitching about me and spend the time capping! FYI, I don't post results because I'm not one for the limelight. Just trying to help those less fortunate than me is all I do so pay attention!

Dahoss9698
07-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Hoss, take a break from bitching about me and spend the time capping! FYI, I don't post results because I'm not one for the limelight. Just trying to help those less fortunate than me is all I do so pay attention!

Spend the time capping? Anytime you want to go heads up let me know.

Not one for the limelight? Than why the whining posts when no one pays attention to your dart throwing?

aldens_dad
07-10-2012, 04:31 PM
I appreciate the picks!!!!

Not to change things up but whatever happened to Casino?

Dahoss9698
07-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I appreciate the picks!!!!

Not to change things up but whatever happened to Casino?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

flopps15
07-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Dahoss I dont see you posting too many picks, so why taking shots at Gold?

Solid_Gold
07-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Spend the time capping? Anytime you want to go heads up let me know.

Not one for the limelight? Than why the whining posts when no one pays attention to your dart throwing?

Head to head? You must be an idiot. I'm here everyday! I have no time for the part-time cappers.
You seem to have plenty of time to bitch and condemn others so why not post some picks instead??????

Robert Fischer
07-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Head to head? You must be an idiot. I'm here everyday! I have no time for the part-time cappers.
You seem to have plenty of time to bitch and condemn others so why not post some picks instead??????

comparison requires 3 things

Picks
Predetermined Wager
Results

Solid_Gold
07-10-2012, 05:17 PM
I got nuttin' to prove!

iceknight
07-10-2012, 06:33 PM

Lastly, I don't feel as though people should only be praised for singles. Only a complete and total idiot would take that away from my interaction with Goofyscott. I asked him how he decides to single, because his picks don't note singles. he avoided the question, because he has no answer, but not an out of bounds question for someone boasting about cashing 40k in tickets over a month span. Interacting with you reminds me of "Never argue with a fool,they will lower you to their level,then beat you with experience". Hence, I will not be interacting with you anymore. Get well soon.

Also, if you feel so much for newbies, you can post daily some sort of informative method on capping or betting etc. All you can do is being negative. Take care Dahoss.. I really feel sorry for you but I have no patience to deal with rude, boorish personal attacks that you constant mount because of your lack of real substance. Bye.

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Will you ladies quit bitching at each other. The fact remains that Dahoss is one of the best to ever post picks here. That's why nobody dares challenge him.

Some have time to post all over this board, but no time to take on Dahoss...yeah....right

Dahoss9698
07-10-2012, 07:24 PM

You seem to be misunderstanding my motives here. I'll lay them out plainly, so there should be no more confusion.

The only reason I initially responded to you was because of this comment made by YOU in one of your dartboard threads.

I find it unusual that all the so-called experts post opinions in the handicapping discussion threads but rarely/never post any selections?

I don't get the logic here? Guess I'm stupid for sure.

My issue with your comment is you are condemning opinions, while patting yourself on the back for posting "selections". You post 4 picks a race, for multiple tracks a day, with the only advice being bet at 4-1, and you want some kind of pat on the back? Come on man.

That's it. If you'll notice, the only time I ever conversed with you was when you made a similar comment.

If people are happy with your "selections" more power to them. I don't see of what benefit they could be to anyone, but hey, I welcome the money in the pools.

It's never been about you and me. I truly have nothing to prove as I have provided winning threads on this board for years now. Your comments about my selections only make you all the more laughable considering what I have given out here. Arrogant? Sure, and I have always been able to back it up by putting up winners.

You should try it sometime.

Dahoss9698
07-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Will you ladies quit bitching at each other. The fact remains that Dahoss is one of the best to ever post picks here. That's why nobody dares challenge him.

Some have time to post all over this board, but no time to take on Dahoss...yeah....right

Maybe Casino/Only11/Alden's Dad wants a rematch?

Dahoss9698
07-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Interacting with you reminds me of "Never argue with a fool,they will lower you to their level,then beat you with experience". Hence, I will not be interacting with you anymore. Get well soon.

Also, if you feel so much for newbies, you can post daily some sort of informative method on capping or betting etc. All you can do is being negative. Take care Dahoss.. I really feel sorry for you but I have no patience to deal with rude, boorish personal attacks that you constant mount because of your lack of real substance. Bye.

Were you crying into your pillow while typing this?

iceknight
07-10-2012, 09:45 PM

Some have time to post all over this board, but no time to take on Dahoss...yeah....right I don't have time to do a full analysis but I have seen that he (Dahoss) has made good calls in the past. However, I may not have benefited much on those days as I sometimes saw those picks later. I was not really questioning his picking abilities. I am still a newbie to this game and still struggling with capping Turf races (Court Vision BC was a joke at someone else in case people did nt get it yet! ) I am just saying he (Dahoss9698) needs to stop having a stick up his a** and get his panties in a bunch over someone else getting comments from others. Is he jealous?

Since SG posts regularly I have cross checked against my own many times and have made good winning bets, esp exotics by using that guideline.

No one asked Dahoss to come out and give awards to SG or Goofy or I agree very well with your comment to SG that he needs to recap to establish credibility among your clique.

The main thing for me is that, Dahoss needs to tune up his language, else I am going to make fun of his insecurities in chasing someone since 2010 or earlier. Just cause he posted good picks in May 2011 does mean I have to read his crap, filthy language with constant abusive words like "douche, idiot, etc etc." In fact, I have him on ignore right now so I don't care one bit as to what he wrote after I wrote bye to him earlier in the evening.

So, I will miss a few of his analysis posts. Big deal, if you cap and listen to Andy Serling and Maggie carefully or turnitin and bet right and you make good $$ anyway.

And PA, your statements/opinions etc have always been very respectful without any majorly incendiary language so I have a lot of respect for that.

Dahoss9698
07-10-2012, 10:36 PM
I think that confirms he was indeed crying into his pillow while typing.

Another correct opinion!

PaceAdvantage
07-11-2012, 03:06 AM
No one asked Dahoss to come out and give awards to SG or Goofy or I agree very well with your comment to SG that he needs to recap to establish credibility among your clique. I lost you after the word clique. After almost 13 years of running this board, I know an agenda when I see one.

Dahoss will be the first to tell you that not only is he not a member of my imaginary "clique" he wouldn't want to be one. He and I have butted heads numerous times over the years, both publicly and privately.

You guys who think you know it all when it comes to this board are either severely misguided or retreads in action.

I'll leave it at that.

thaskalos
07-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Maybe some of your experts could post some free picks too?

What do you think is more helpful to newcomers who are just learning this game; offering them handicapping advice which will help them figure things out for themselves...or giving them 4 picks in every race, with no proper direction on how to bet them...and without telling them which selections are better than the rest?

You keep on saying that you are amused by the fact that most of the "experts" from the handicapping threads are reluctant to post selections before the race...to prove their alleged "expertise" in this game.

Is there any doubt in your mind that we too would pick a ton of winners...if we selected 4 horses in every race?

If you are not on an ego trip here, then why the need to criticize those who have never criticized you...just because they choose to do things differently than you are?

Some of us don't give out picks...because we think that handicapping advice is more useful in the long run.

If you really want to help someone...you don't hand him a fish to feed him for a day.

You teach him to do his own fishing...

iceknight
07-11-2012, 08:56 AM
I lost you after the word clique. He and I have butted heads numerous times over the years, both publicly and privately.

You guys .... Aren't you using a broad brush? I do remember that recently you did butt heads with Dahoss on the Vic racecalling thread. However, I was getting tired of watching Dahoss get undue support for his boorish behavior. Just because he picks good does not mean he needs to be supported for wanton arrogance. When a person repeatedly uses words like "idiot douche" etc and you feel it is perfectly alright to allow that behavior to continue and not even make a mention of it, I really wonder about the title "moderator".

iceknight
07-11-2012, 08:58 AM
What do you think is more helpful to newcomers who are just learning this game; offering them handicapping advice which will help them figure things out for themselves...or giving them 4 picks in every race, with no proper direction on how to bet them...

If you really want to help someone...you don't hand him a fish to feed him for a day.

You teach him to do his own fishing... :ThmbUp: Definitely right.

PhantomOnTour
07-11-2012, 09:35 AM
There's a contest here at PA on the Saratoga/Del Mar meets... no better place for a lil "friendly" competition.

Personally, i would never get into a head to head competition with DaHoss or anyone else.
Those who bet on NYRA tracks are in a competition with me every day. Pari mutuel betting is not a one-on-one contest.
I don't need the extra mental strain of trying to beat one specific player.
I've seen folks go to pieces in these 1 vs 1 battles, and i wonder if their overall game took a hit because of it.
No thanks, esp against some of the sharp players on this site.

Dahoss9698
07-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Aren't you using a broad brush? I do remember that recently you did butt heads with Dahoss on the Vic racecalling thread. However, I was getting tired of watching Dahoss get undue support for his boorish behavior. Just because he picks good does not mean he needs to be supported for wanton arrogance. When a person repeatedly uses words like "idiot douche" etc and you feel it is perfectly alright to allow that behavior to continue and not even make a mention of it, I really wonder about the title "moderator".

Who cares what you're tired of? Why are you even involved here?

You've been giving me shots on and off for over a year and now you want to cry about my "wanton arrogance?"

Frankly, considering some of your ignorance you should be asking me for help, instead of playing board cop.

Dahoss9698
07-11-2012, 09:47 AM
There's a contest here at PA on the Saratoga/Del Mar meets... no better place for a lil "friendly" competition.

Personally, i would never get into a head to head competition with DaHoss or anyone else.
Those who bet on NYRA tracks are in a competition with me every day. Pari mutuel betting is not a one-on-one contest.
I've seen folks go to pieces in these 1 vs 1 battles, and i wonder if their overall game took a hit because of it.
No thanks, esp against some of the sharp players on this site.

I agree with much of what you say here and am not interested in any kind of head to head competitions. Been there, done that.

I made my point about why I initially responded to Solid Bronze. I think these boards are a good resource and a good way to share information, opinions, etc with others.

Slew
07-11-2012, 10:01 PM
I've seen this movie before... Bickering back and forth, "your picks sucks", "no your's does", "Yea, what he said", "hey, your one to talk"... etc...

It was on a GREAT (at one time) horse forum call Horses Wild...

They closed down about a year ago... Hummm, I wonder why...

GL to each and everyone of you guys & gals... I just want to win baby, that's all....!!!!

Slew

Itamaraca
07-11-2012, 10:22 PM

Only 1 to 1 battles I'm aware of are the Casino vs. Dahoss and the pedigree handicapper vs. Serling SEVERE mismatches. Doubt that Dahoss or Serling broke a sweat there or that their overall games took a hit.

Itamaraca
07-11-2012, 10:26 PM
If you really want to help someone...you don't hand him a fish to feed him for a day. You teach him to do his own fishing...

Exactly right. My father taught me how to fish. And he had a very unique way of doing it. Rather than emulating all the other fathers in the area, who took their sons over to the local lake and showed them how to do it, he gave me daily lectures on how to do it. Told me what books to read, how hard it was to catch fish, etc. We even discussed the methodology of fishing, hell, even the philosophy and foundations of the 'sport' at the dinner table. But he never let me forget that he was the EXPERT when it came to fishing; and that I should listen intently and never doubt him. And, every so often, some of his expert fisherman friends would come over the house and they'd also tell me how difficult it was to fish. Needless to say, I became an exceptional fisherman; and my old man never had to leave the house. Always telling but never showing.

HoofedInTheChest
07-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Some of us don't give out picks...because we think that handicapping advice is more useful in the long run.

You teach him to do his own fishing...
Good advice if you actually teach the person how to fish.

Here's a thought to all the ballbusters, instead of using all this time and energy to railroad Solid, how about sharing some of your knowledge in Handicappers Corner...... i know it's not as fun as taking a dump on someone, but it could be a little more productive and appreciated for a change.

BlueChip@DRF
07-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Damn. A lot of people in this thread really needs a hug.

Dahoss9698
07-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Good advice if you actually teach the person how to fish.

Here's a thought to all the ballbusters, instead of using all this time and energy to railroad Solid, how about sharing some of your knowledge in Handicappers Corner...... i know it's not as fun as taking a dump on someone, but it could be a little more productive and appreciated for a change.

Instead of saying "all" who are you specifically talking about in regards to sharing knowledge?

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2012, 01:19 AM
Here's a thought to all the ballbusters, instead of using all this time and energy to railroad Solid,railroad? really?