PDA

View Full Version : PURPLE EGG

lamboguy
07-09-2012, 12:07 AM
on sunday july 8, this 2 year old colt threw his rider ELVIS TUJILLO for the second straight time in the exact same place about 10 yards away from the gate and took off. today it looked like the horse injured himself.

its a shame because this horse is high on ability in the morning and i expected him to run huge today.

i am sure that trainer jane cibelli must have taken this horse to the gate in the morning at least 4 times in between june 23 and today. this just goes to show you that the afternoon is much different than the morning.

the reason why i pay attention to these things is because my partner is a pro at teaching horses the gate when they are young. he has a complete training process that he starts when the horses are about 18 months old. in all my years of dealing with babies, i have only had 1 horse that never made it to a race because of poor gate behavior. she was a filly and had been broken before i put my hands on her, we could never get her to change her bad habits no matter how much time we put into the horse. she would go in the gate and sit down on her fanny.

i hope that PURPLE EGG didn't get a serious injury because it looked like he was limping today watching on television. every single horse is a beautiful, living and breathing animal that have minds of their own. sometimes it takes a ton of patience to figure out what is going on upstairs with them.

CryingForTheHorses
07-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Looks like this little guy needs to go to the farm for a few months to growup and change his attitude.Now that he has done this 2x and gotten away with it could lead to a very fractious horse at the gate.He is only 2 and has time on his side for now. I hope he didnt hurt himself seriously. Just my opinion.

Rise Over Run
07-09-2012, 07:42 PM
He's probably pissed off at the name he was given. What a terrible name for a horse.

tbwinner
07-09-2012, 07:57 PM
He's probably pissed off at the name he was given. What a terrible name for a horse.

Almost as bad as Tasteslikechicken.

Scrambler
07-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Wonder what they will take for Him.. I Luv working with Horses with People Problems....:ThmbUp:

I Agree with Mcshell, He just needs a lil time away from the track...

jerry-g
07-09-2012, 11:30 PM
He was probably a handicapper in his
previous life. He just doesn't want to
be a race horse.

alhattab
08-20-2012, 06:26 PM
on sunday july 8, this 2 year old colt threw his rider ELVIS TUJILLO for the second straight time in the exact same place about 10 yards away from the gate and took off. today it looked like the horse injured himself.

its a shame because this horse is high on ability in the morning and i expected him to run huge today.

i am sure that trainer jane cibelli must have taken this horse to the gate in the morning at least 4 times in between june 23 and today. this just goes to show you that the afternoon is much different than the morning.

the reason why i pay attention to these things is because my partner is a pro at teaching horses the gate when they are young. he has a complete training process that he starts when the horses are about 18 months old. in all my years of dealing with babies, i have only had 1 horse that never made it to a race because of poor gate behavior. she was a filly and had been broken before i put my hands on her, we could never get her to change her bad habits no matter how much time we put into the horse. she would go in the gate and sit down on her fanny.

i hope that PURPLE EGG didn't get a serious injury because it looked like he was limping today watching on television. every single horse is a beautiful, living and breathing animal that have minds of their own. sometimes it takes a ton of patience to figure out what is going on upstairs with them.

Entered for Thu 8/23. Funny thing is when this horse was entered and ran off, my neighbor, who is the farthest thing from a horseplayer, told me that she met someone in Pennsylvania while at Hershey Park or something who told her Purple Egg was "supposed to win". He must be a good thing!

lamboguy
08-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Entered for Thu 8/23. Funny thing is when this horse was entered and ran off, my neighbor, who is the farthest thing from a horseplayer, told me that she met someone in Pennsylvania while at Hershey Park or something who told her Purple Egg was "supposed to win". He must be a good thing!
i had stayed on top of that horse, but i gave up on him the second time he acted up.

this has been a bad summer for me. i watched a horse run today that had no business being on the turf at the spa. Becker's Galaxy was climbing the whole way around the track today and you could tell he hated the lawn., he lost by about 4 lengths. the thing that gets me about that one was that he was cross-entered for a dirt race on wednesday and they chose this turf spot instead. i have no idea if i can bet him the next time out on dirt after this race. i am not in love with the turf to dirt angle that plenty of people watch.

Stillriledup
08-20-2012, 10:04 PM
i had stayed on top of that horse, but i gave up on him the second time he acted up.

this has been a bad summer for me. i watched a horse run today that had no business being on the turf at the spa. Becker's Galaxy was climbing the whole way around the track today and you could tell he hated the lawn., he lost by about 4 lengths. the thing that gets me about that one was that he was cross-entered for a dirt race on wednesday and they chose this turf spot instead. i have no idea if i can bet him the next time out on dirt after this race. i am not in love with the turf to dirt angle that plenty of people watch.

Eggster is listed in the DRF as a gelding, do you think he's been gelded since then? Do you remember if he was a G in the form in early July?

lamboguy
08-20-2012, 10:42 PM
not sure, but i think he was cut in between his first and second scratch. this horse is fast, but he's a fruitcake

horses4courses
08-20-2012, 11:05 PM
I can see it now.

If this horse calms down and learns how to run, he may hit the big time and get on the KY Derby trail next Spring.
If that's the case, they have a ready-made theme song for this fellow.

You heard it here first.
The one, and only, Prince (or whatever he calls himself now) singing:

"Purrrple Egg, Purple Egg........" (fade to over-elaborate instrumentals)

http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2010/Prince160908_450x300.jpg

turninforhome10
08-21-2012, 09:58 AM

So I read your thread, looked for the replays at Mon for 7/8. Purple Egg never even ran on 7/8, Were you referring to a workout? The horse has not even started. Where did you see him on TV?
Try checking and floating his teeth. Bit might be getting to him when the rider starts to make contact on his mouth. Bit change might also help.
But I have no idea what you are talking about with this horse running after wasting 20 mins looking for a replay.
If you are advertising for your partner thats fine, but be a little more specific when referring to having people give input to a your threads.

bushwick
08-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Lambo is talking about seeing him limp after acting up and being scratched for the second time. He didnt race because he was scratched in post parade the camera showed him walking after he was scratched.

turninforhome10
08-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Lambo is talking about seeing him limp after acting up and being scratched for the second time. He didnt race because he was scratched in post parade the camera showed him walking after he was scratched.
Got it. Found the historical charts. When referring to the bit idea, I thought Lambo was talking a horse that had dropped the rider leaving the gate. A bit change won't help in the post parade.

Stillriledup
08-23-2012, 04:51 PM
THE EGG! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
08-23-2012, 04:56 PM
he ran like he trained, no problem at the gate either today.

these baby's all have a mind of their own, i am very happy to see him perform the way he did today.

Stillriledup
08-23-2012, 05:09 PM

these baby's all have a mind of their own, i am very happy to see him perform the way he did today.

Thanks for the winner (not that you specifically released him as a winner, but i was like what the heck!), god knows i can't pick a winner of a 1 horse race on my own, stuck a few bucks on the Eggster, good way to start the day!

Zydeco
08-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Where did he run?

Saratoga_Mike
08-23-2012, 05:49 PM
equibase.com

lamboguy
08-23-2012, 06:03 PM
now if i can win with one of our horses today. he's good but i don't know anything about the rest of the field. STAR DESTINY is not running today with the lasix. he is in the 3rd at Del Mar.

another strike against us is that we hardly ever win on synthetic. but he is training good and spotted in the right place and is the right price.

picojim
08-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Where did he run?
Monmouth ..didnt even know they were open today

Stillriledup
08-23-2012, 06:17 PM
now if i can win with one of our horses today. he's good but i don't know anything about the rest of the field. STAR DESTINY is not running today with the lasix. he is in the 3rd at Del Mar.

another strike against us is that we hardly ever win on synthetic. but he is training good and spotted in the right place and is the right price.

Congrats! Nice effort, get a nice check and keep the condition. Well done!

lamboguy
08-23-2012, 06:18 PM

another strike against us is that we hardly ever win on synthetic. but he is training good and spotted in the right place and is the right price.he ran good and had the right price, not using lasix had nothing to do with him running second. its my fault that he lost because i am cold as a cucumber this summer.

Stillriledup
08-23-2012, 06:20 PM
he ran good and had the right price, not using lasix had nothing to do with him running second. its my fault that he lost because i am cold as a cucumber this summer.

The DRF said that the horse DID have lasix, was there a late change of 'lasix off'?

lamboguy
08-23-2012, 06:27 PM
The DRF said that the horse DID have lasix, was there a late change of 'lasix off'?
he run without it

Stillriledup
08-23-2012, 06:37 PM
he run without it
The official DMR track prgm had lasix on also fwiw.

lamboguy
08-23-2012, 08:10 PM
The official DMR track prgm had lasix on also fwiw.go check out equibase, they have it right

Stillriledup
08-24-2012, 12:23 AM
go check out equibase, they have it right

It would be interesting to know the process of why the DMR program and the DRF had it wrong. Are they just arbitrarily assigning lasix to random horses?

speed
08-24-2012, 09:20 AM
It gets better and better.

magwell
08-24-2012, 10:18 AM

these baby's all have a mind of their own, i am very happy to see him perform the way he did today. He ran real good and his action was good,,"Egg" may have a future if he stays sound, nice buy for 22k as a yearling.....

cj
09-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Now 2-2 after his win at Keystone.

alhattab
12-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Won @ Tampa 12/1. Entered in Jan 1 Gulfstream Derby.

Shelby
01-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Center Farms ‏@centerfarms
Purple Egg scratches today.
Retweeted by TwinSpires.com

magwell
01-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Center Farms ‏@centerfarms
Purple Egg scratches today.
Retweeted by TwinSpires.com What a bummer I was looking forward to seeing him up close today.....

Shelby
01-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Mike Welsch ‏@DRFWelsch
Gulf Derby loses major player in Purple Egg, came down with temperature over the weekend according to trainer Jane Cibelli.

magwell
01-01-2013, 06:58 PM
What a bummer I was looking forward to seeing him up close today..... Well the day was good anyway because I seen a real nice 3 yr old in the 2nd race,,, Verrazano he looks and acts the part of a good one lets hope he stays sound.......

JustRalph
01-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Well the day was good anyway because I seen a real nice 3 yr old in the 2nd race,,, Verrazano he looks and acts the part of a good one lets hope he stays sound.......

When he runs in NY they will charge 14 bucks to look at him........soon to be 15

sammy the sage
01-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Had a very good work...since the scratch...going today in the 10th at Tampa...seem to be an easier spot...we'll see...just watching.

Oaklawn John
01-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Any word why they scratched him?

lamboguy
01-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Any word why they scratched him?second time already the horse had a temperature. she is very unlucky with that horse.

Sysonby
01-13-2013, 03:00 PM
It takes awhile for the horses to recover from a fever, need to give them a few weeks to get rid of any inflammation that occurred

sammy the sage
01-13-2013, 06:47 PM
I've decided...I'm going to bet against when he runs again...excuses, excuses, excuses...some don't SMELL right in Denmark ;)

magwell
02-03-2013, 11:06 AM
"Egg" finally had a work today he may be too far behind now....

magwell
04-26-2013, 01:40 PM
cant take the short price on him today I have to pass......

Stillriledup
04-26-2013, 03:31 PM
cant take the short price on him today I have to pass......

Not his best effort, that was a beatable field.

magwell
04-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Not his best effort, that was a beatable field.Yep, looks like the Tampa race hurt him it's a shame, it may be the end of the road.......

alhattab
04-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Not his best effort, that was a beatable field.

Something unusual seemed to happen like jock losing a rein. The horse had run it appeared- finished third despite no attempt by jock to press the horse. Horse is a head case but something appeared to be amiss.

alhattab
09-16-2013, 09:00 PM
The Egg is back- entered in Gallant Bob on Sat @ Parx. Drew post 14 not sure if that is an AE for this race.

Stillriledup
09-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Eggster in 3 mins at Belmont. Tough field, not sure why he's only 6-1, should be higher imo.

magwell
09-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Looks like he's going to have to run for a tag if they want him to get back to winning, he's been trying to get out in his last 2 races also.......

taxicab
09-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Heading to a detox clinic near you......

magwell
10-09-2013, 04:33 PM
He win in nice fashion at Delaware today going long, maybe he's back, I hope so, looked ok doing it, got out a little late but was much the best.....:)

Stillriledup
12-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Eggmeister coming up in a few at GP.