PDA

View Full Version : Belmont: July 8, 2012

Teach
07-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Belmont Park: Sunday, July 8

Abridged Version

Race One: #1 G.A. Empress won her last race by a nose; she was flying on the outside. Rosie Napravnik back in the irons for owner-trainer Antonio Arriaga. #2 Glory In Motion, the grey, seemed to hang ever so slightly at the top of the stretch; that may have cost her the race that the top pick won. This Carson City-bred mare can make amends; looks like a threat. Junior Alvarado reprises his ride as the fillies and maries stretch out to a mile and a-quarter. #3 Lady Yellow Tail broke her maiden in mid June. She should be flying in the stretch. Jose Lezcano for Christophe Clement. #5 Centrina, with the red-hot Javier Castellano, has closed belatedly in her last two; should appreciate the added distance.

Race Two: #1 Sly Warrior just missed in last in slop going seven furlongs in a race taken off the turf. Solid recent morning work. Ramon Dominguez in the irons for Rick Dutrow. Looks like the only real earl speed. Rate-ration-and roll. #4 Flashy American looks like the main threat; he has faced better , yet winless in nine tries (two seconds, two thirds). David Cohen for Ken McPeek. #7 Nice Gator will not need to angle to the outside. Should be in a good striking position. Jose Lezcano for Bruce Brown. #3 Chess rate could pick up the pieces in an exotic. Rajiv Maragh for Chris Englehart.

Race Three: #6 Kid Kate might well be sitting on this one. Tons of early speed sets up for a closer. Eligible to improve in second start off a layoff. Jose Lezcano for Chad Brown. #3 Risky Rachel looks like main threat. Early Speed. Seven for eight in the money at the distance. Cornelio Velasquez for trainer Juan Coronel. #5 Roman Treasure has been working steadily toward her return to the races. Ramon Dominguez for Mike Hushion.

Race Four: #7 Fantastical did not handle the slop in his last. Prior to that the Halo’s Image-bred gelding was an in the money machine; he reeled off six-straight in-the-money effort. On his best, he can prevail. #1 Ea has Joel Rosario in the irons. This eight-year-old gelding could do nothing on the turf in his last; he now switches to the dirt. Should benefit from his rail starting post. Can stalk. #8 Harmonizer was second in his last. Javier Castellano for Mike Maker. Five out of six in the money at the distance. Finally, #9 Bernie The Maestro has the early speed to be a factor. He usually ends up fading, but he may last long enough to be a threat and complete an exotic.

Race Five: #9 Sr. Henry was blocked in the lane in his last. Yet, while finishing sixth, he was only two lengths off the winner. A cleaner trip would put this Saint Ballardo-bred gelding in the mix. Ramon Dominguez rides for Tony Dutrow. #1 Beckham Bend stumbled at the start but was a fast-closing third. He missed by less than a length. A cleaner trip would put this Thunder Gulch-bred horse right there at the wire. David Cohen for David Jacobson. #8 Shalangar has faced better. He stalled in his last. Can show improvement. Joel Rosario for R.B. Hess, Jr. #2 Slew’s Big Finale stretches out after finishing sixth in a speedy turf sprint. The Awesome Again-bred gelding should benefit from the added distance. Kent Desormeaux for Linda Rice.

Race Six: #8 Miss Libby looks like the horse to beat in this 15K claiming event. The Deputy Minister-bred filly easily won in 1:10.4 Wilmer Garcia retains the ride for Bruce Brown, #5 Landing My Way moves to a high percentage jockey, Javier Castellano. The Joe Orseno trainee finished fourth last time; however, she should improve off that effort. #3 Truly Devoted easily won in this company a few weeks ago. Rosie Napravnik retains the ride for trainer Mike Maker. #2 Wise Choice has faced better. Irad Ortiz, Jr. will have to angle this Hennessy-bred mare off from her inside post for the stretch. Capable of completing a gimmick.

Race Seven: #3 Cactus Son has faced turf sprint stakes competition. She stretches out an add furlong; that may help. Javier Castellano for trainer Kenny Smith. #6 Wicked Tune has a lifetime record of three wins and two seconds in seven tries on the turf. The Concord Bound-bred horse has been over since she last competed at Saratoga, but, if she’s ready, she can score. She mat benefit from stretching out an extra half-furlong. Jose Lezcano for trainer Bruce Alexander. #1 Midnight Silver won his lasy at seven furlongs on the turf almost two months ago. Has had mediocre works leading up to his return to the racetrack.

Race Eight: #4 Darwin Award has faced better. Certainly capable of improvement. Jose Lezcano for Bill Mott. #5 Side Party Ralph was third in this company last time. Can be a factor with these. #8 Boyz Night is eligible to improve off first start on dirt. The Afleet-bred gelding does have turf pedigree. Might surprise. After a long layoff, Junior Alvarado for Joe Orseno. #3 Backroom Deal shortens up to a sprint and switches to Ramon Dominguez. Ralph Nicks trains.

Race Nine: In the Voodoo Dancer I like #4 Fontley. This Sadler’s Wells- (every time I see that name I think of ballet) bred won his last. She’s eligible to improve (if you can improve off winning) as it’s her second start off a layoff. Ramon Dominguez for Christophe Clement. #2 La Cloche appears to be the main threat. A solid second in her last to the top pick. Junior Alvarado for Jim Toner. #8 Sylvestris was in Grade 1 Stakes Company in her last. She challenged early in that one but faded to fifth. She can be part with a good trip. Finally, #5 Wallios is three for six on the turf at the distance. Certainly capable of earning a minor award.

Race Ten: #2 Hey Babe is my long-shot try with a horse that’s been away for a year. Rosie Napravnik for Charlton Baker. #10 Downhill; Jopet with Javier Castellano is capable of being right there. Should benefit from outside post. Sotique with Alan Garcia is capable of earning a minor award. Finished third at this dsistance in her last. #1 Elusive Jozi finished fourth in this company in last race. Might just complete a gimmick.

PhantomOnTour
07-08-2012, 01:45 PM
I like Kid Kate in R2 also. Needed her last off the shelf and got zero pace to chase. Drops today and will have plenty speed to set her up.

captainhot
07-08-2012, 02:55 PM
I like Sr. Henry here in the fifth. Had major trouble in race where I bet Beckham Bend. BB although 3rd in the race, really never looked like a winner, I'm passing on him today.

5th Race
:9::8::2:

PhantomOnTour
07-08-2012, 02:56 PM
EX:
8-9 w 7-8-9
Win:
7-8