PDA

View Full Version : More Controvesial Stuff to Cause Arguments

Rick
01-11-2004, 03:19 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=542&ncid=693&e=6&u=/ap/20040111/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/bush_o_neill

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2001833848_syria10.html

Tom
01-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Welcome home....long time no see.

1. I would guess we had plenty of options being explored long befreo 9-11-01 about taking out Iraq. And Iran, Korea, China....you name it. That is what we pay our military minds to do-be prepared, have plan a, b, c,,,,,that way, when somehting like 9-11 happens, we can be in the air before the dust settles if need be. Money well spent. What point is this sniviling little
weasle trying to make? Sour grapes by a failure at his job, rightfully fired.
2. Syria...same as above, but much closer to "Next" than many other rouque nations.

Lock N Load. :eek:

Rick
01-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah, well I don't really mind taking out Iraq or Syria either for that matter. But I don't think anyone should think it's because of 9-11 or WMD or any of that crap.

ljb
01-11-2004, 09:20 PM
originally posted by rick "But I don't think anyone should think it's because of 9-11 or WMD or any of that crap. "
Careful Rick or your name be on that list we can't mention.

VetScratch
01-11-2004, 09:52 PM
The Comatose List is the one everyone should want to avoid! :) :)

delayjf
01-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Having worked in a Major military headquarters, I know that not only do we have plans to invade Irag, Iran, Korea, etc, but we have multiple plans as well. If Amazin were to be elected president tomorrow, One could truthfully say that Amazin had plans to invade Iraq. In fact, the source paper that is cited as proof of Bush's plan to invade Iraq was drawn up during the Clinton Administration.

Lefty
01-12-2004, 12:03 PM
lbj, you can't mention the list because it's a fiction in your brain. Another case of a liberal just making up stuff.
Paul Oneill: Disgruntled employee of the year.
I knew he should have stuck to baseball.

Rick
01-12-2004, 04:04 PM
More food for thought on the subject:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8435-2004Jan11.html

Jaguar
01-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Paul O'Neill is an ungrateful crybaby and a loser. He didn't even have the class to go out like a gentleman, thanking the President for the opportunity to serve.

Just another sour apple. No "can do" team spirit whatsoever. This is a time when America needs go-getters- not "can't doers".

President Bush is trying- as our military is trying- to subdue our enemies and protect this country.

O'Neill would feel right at home in the Howard Dean campaign- another group totally out of touch with reality. Hey, Howard- did you hear what happened on 9-11, 2001?

All The Best,

Jaguar

Derek2U
01-12-2004, 05:38 PM
There's a mystery in the employment figs. So, "Do You Feel The
US Economy is Booming, Just OK, or Weak.?" I'm curious how PA
members view it.

JustRalph
01-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Funny.........60 minutes didn't show the documents from the same meetings that oneill attended, that had notes written in the margin by staff members. Those notes referred to things like "Sec. Oneill seems out of touch and has made statements embarrassing himself throughout the meeting"

I heard on the radio this morning that some even discussed whether or not he was suffering from Alzheimers disease. Bush dumped him when he refused to respond to requests for info. At least that is what I read today.

Secretariat
01-12-2004, 09:04 PM
I must admire you far right guys for your tenacity. Bush's own appointment (O'Neill), and you so readily dismiss his first hand observations without even reading his book.

Well, I see at least the ACLU is gonna try and help Rush Limbaugh's preserve his rights.

http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid=34&in=us&cat=rush_limbaugh

This Reuters article below is not some far-left wacko, but I think he states it accurately.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040112/ts_nm/iraq_usa_report_dc_1

Lefty
01-12-2004, 10:42 PM
When will you far left guys quit harping on whether we should be in Iraq or not? We're there. Give it up. How many times do you have to be told that Clinton and most all other democrats agreed Iraq was a big problem. Bush did something about it. Geez!

cato
01-12-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm baffled at the lack of dialogue--just salvos back and forth; but I guess that's the state of political discussion now (and almost always has been).

The one thing that keeps democracy strong is to question and debate what the hell is going on, no matter who is in office and no matter what is going on.

Without healthy debate and give and take you wind up with crappy decisions that the people in power and their supporters agree with but lead to disaster because there was no rigorous debate that made people think through the consequences.

This love it or leave it non-sense is the stuff that totalitarian governments espouse (and worse).

Cato

Lefty
01-12-2004, 11:15 PM
cato, never heard a dictator say love it or leave it. They say love it or die. They won't let you leave. There are a few on this board who truly seem to despise this country; and they are easy to discern.

Tom
01-12-2004, 11:38 PM
1. Disgruntled ex-employee
2. Fired for imcompetence
3. Possible stole documents (investigation underway)
4. Out to push his book sales.

Come on....where is this moron's creditbility?

We will find Bin Laden before we find his integrity.
He is hawking a book and the blind media is just giving him free advertising.....the liberal media looking to sell papers is giving credence to a creep and TV, well, what can you say that bucnh of morons? The saturday morning cartoons have more intellectual content that the evening news.

kenwoodallpromos
01-13-2004, 12:58 AM
I knew in 1990 Saddam had to go! / Most demos, including Clinton, think the USA has no right to retaliate for expres assassination attempts, warring on all neighbors, 750 missle shot at our planes, or Saddam's bragging about having WMD. Those dempos are seditionists. Clinton did not have the guts to go after Bin Lasden after 1993 WTC bombing or other bombings. / As fsr as I am concerned, all those countries not helping fight terrorism should be on our "have to go list"? including Pres Fox!!

Jaguar
01-13-2004, 01:42 AM
Cato, no one wants diminished civil liberties, just the opposite. For 30 years I have been bitching about the loss of our constitutional rights(2nd Amendment, 4th Amendment, for example)- to anyone who would listen.

Huge federal agencies have been instrumental in trampling on our precious rights since the end of the 60's. Could anyone have predicted the damage various branches of just one agency, the Treasury department, have done to individuals during the past 30 years?...

I don't think anyone could have predicted what a lawless F.B.I would do either. Or how about the Energy agency that in the 70's shut down small factories for poor ventilation, before the owners could even get a bank loan to correct the problem- resulting in the loss of 30 and more jobs at a time.

Face it, we will never get our freedoms back to pre mega-agency days.

But, right now we are struggling to survive in a very hostile world. We make a nice fat target.

Inside the ACLU they can sit around and debate the "imperialist aggression" of Guantanamo. However, serious people don't have that luxury. Serious people are trying to find and stop the terrorists before they kill anyone else.

I served in the military during a war. I spent 13 months on the Cambodian border and I can tell you one irrefutable fact of human nature, which is that some people have murder in their hearts.

There is an old saying: "There are two types of people in this world- fools and survivors".

I hope Americans are the survivors. -No more Janet Renos, no more Wacos, no more Ruby Ridges. But also, no more Pearl Harbors or 9-11s.

Thank God, America is waking up to the fact that we have very determined enemies. Let the professors at Harvard, NYU, and UCLA wail and moan about a phoney issue, a supposed sudden loss of civil liberties.

Meanwhile, soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen- and women in uniform- are giving their all to the real work: stopping the terrorists in Afghanistan and Iraq.

How is it that the Left just never seems to get it?

All The Best,

Jaguar

cato
01-14-2004, 12:06 AM
I agree. I think we are fighting for our survival and yes, let me say I do love my country...the best in the history of this planet earth.

BUT, because pretty much all governements, including ours, have almost constantly demonstaretd an uncanny ability to abuse power when they can (a few examples are found in Jaguar's first 4 paragraphs), we (all of us and I mean all of us) have to keep watch and not just believe whatever they throw our way.

Notwithstanding our personal preferencs for republicans or democrats, left or right, very little truth is involved in the making, or selling, of policy.

You/we/us have to keep our BS detectors up at all times-- no matter who is in power.

That's my take on it today...

take care, Cato

Tom
01-14-2004, 05:50 PM
My take on it is that it is the best government in the world.
But don't trust it and don't ever turn your back on it.
Then we can get along just fin with it.