PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Belmont PicK 6 Carryover 62k

jayfree41
07-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Well I have just capped the pick 6 card at Belmont for Sunday - I would say this has a 80% chance of carrying over ...to Wednesday. Hard to find a single and there are a few underlayish favorites...poor Rosario is on a couple - that on paper look like he might win (the speedy Dutrow horse #3 in the 9th race - one mile turf race) and the 7f claiming 6th race , for example - but I don't think he'll win either.

Nonetheless, I think a double carryover is coming.

I also don't think anyone would believe me - that in a few wild pick 6 tickets today - I singled the #2 horse that Alvarado ran to majorly upset #1 Dominguez ridden 1 to 5 shot.

People tend to overlook that in 6 furlong races at Belmont this year -- horses are winning at a lame 6% rate. Hence my skepticism of the bridgejumper favorite in that 8th race.

Nonetheless, my command of the card wasn't as good from there or else maybe I would have scooped the whole pot :(

The bridgejumper that went for the #1 horse in that 8th race ...and the #2 horses show payoff paid an astronomical $61.00. Amazing stuff.

Anybody think the 6 is hittable on Sunday?

jayfree41
07-08-2012, 05:52 PM
well it carried over. But in all honesty - with this morning's scratches -- I thought it was going to get hit. See you for Wednesday's monster Pick 6 pot :)

Some_One
07-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Not surprised, lots of bad favs, made some nice coin laying them on betfair.

fiveouttasix
07-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Belmont is not racing until Thursday ...don't know why

Cholly
07-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Kind of cheeky for NYRA to place an all-firster 2yo race (turf sprint, no less!) as the 2nd leg in Thursday's P6.

Karakiozis
07-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Kind of cheeky for NYRA to place an all-firster 2yo race (turf sprint, no less!) as the 2nd leg in Thursday's P6.

We're lucky it's Belmont at least we can get an idea who is getting played in the 5th via the DD pool,if this pic 6 were at the carryover downs AKA H,P DM, SA, this race will be the 3d or last leg .

SansuiSC
07-12-2012, 02:18 PM
The card was drawn before they knew of the carryover. No conspiricies.

Cholly
07-12-2012, 02:42 PM
The card was drawn before they knew of the carryover. No conspiricies.
If I might quote Steve Crist,

"The challenges include dealing with seven first-timers in a turf sprint for 2-year-old fillies that was thoughtlessly carded as the second rather than first leg, depriving pick-6 players of a peek at the win odds. The card was drawn before anyone knew there would be a $251k carryover, but under any circumstamnces there is no good reason to make a firster-filled race the 5th rather than 4th on a nine-race card."

SansuiSC
07-12-2012, 03:00 PM
If I might quote Steve Crist,

"The challenges include dealing with seven first-timers in a turf sprint for 2-year-old fillies that was thoughtlessly carded as the second rather than first leg, depriving pick-6 players of a peek at the win odds. The card was drawn before anyone knew there would be a $251k carryover, but under any circumstamnces there is no good reason to make a firster-filled race the 5th rather than 4th on a nine-race card."
Thats a valid point Steve made, however it may have been carded different if they knew of a carryover but you do get a peek at the doubles. Still a tough sequence. I'm in with 5 others for 2.5k and still hope it carries.
GL if you're in it :)

cnollfan
07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Spent 1010 with five others, hit the first four, 0-fer on the last two. Also used Street Dreams in the 6th which would have made for a more exciting but equally losing ticket.