PDA

View Full Version : Agave Kiss - deadboarding

PhantomOnTour
07-07-2012, 04:58 PM
I call it deadboarding (as opposed to redboarding) when you start a thread to bawl about how you let one get away.
Here comes the bawl y'all....

WTF is wrong with me !?
Agave Kiss has gotten away with fairly leisurely 1st quarters in most of her unbeaten six race career...she has found herself clear in all races after a 1/4m...amazingly after not going very fast early...until today.
Pushed thru a fast 1/4m today she not only backed off, but gave it up, while her speed rival got nailed late for the win.
On paper she had some serious contenders to deal with early today.
So where did i go wrong?
a) thought the #5 would push her early, but it was the #3 instead.
b) chose the wrong off the pace horse in #6, but it was the bomb #2 who had all the late run
c) couldn't even make a show bet for chrissakes?

This was my bet:
EX: 3-6 w 1-3-6
WIN: 3-6

A free running horse who's had it his own way (clear leads) will often chuck it when faced with early pressure for the first time.

Itamaraca
07-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Absolutely brutal ride by Castellano. How much the best was his filly?

Equally brutal, and ongoing, training job by Baker on the 4. If I were Jones, I'd take her away from Baker. She may not be that good but Reade just never has her ready to kick in when it counts.

cnollfan
07-09-2012, 01:54 PM
I bet $2 show on everybody except Agave Kiss. Of course after the race I'm thinking why not $10? But at least glad to have spotted one of these ahead of time.

tzipi
07-09-2012, 02:17 PM
I bet $2 show on everybody except Agave Kiss. Of course after the race I'm thinking why not $10? But at least glad to have spotted one of these ahead of time.

Did same thing and was so mad after the race :D . Agave Kiss got to walk out in front by 3 lengths everytime but this race had horses who could blister and Agave kiss would be finally pushed hard. I put $3 to show on 3 horses and only one hit :mad:

Wagergirl
07-09-2012, 02:27 PM
I did a ten cent super box, tossed out Agave Kiss and boxed the field. It was a good guess on my part. :)