PDA

View Full Version : Because

Grits
07-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Because .... Because we never know who may need us. Those we know well, those we may not. My longtime friend -- one of my son's special education teachers, one of the most gifted, most brilliant educators I've ever known, has lost her husband. His long, long battle with cancer and stroke is over. No more pain, no more suffering.
.... For my friends--those near, those far, those I've met or have not met here at Pace Advantage, Keb's words assure us we're not alone. We need each other. Some days we're the one that may help. Other days we're the one in need. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMhx2wSRjC4&feature=share

Wagergirl
07-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Well said.
Prayers for your son's teacher, her family, friends, and students. Peace and comfort for the days to come. <3

lamboguy
07-07-2012, 01:09 PM
we certainly need everyone. white light to all the friends and family of this fine man.

nijinski
07-07-2012, 11:39 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your friends husband Grits.
May he Rest in Peace and wishing strength for your friend .
It must be a terrible loss for you and your son.
All are in my prayers.

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Very sorry for your friends' loss Grits..

cj's dad
07-08-2012, 01:47 AM
God bless Grits. As you know, life goes on and we adapt, however difficult it may be.

Take care dear !!

Robert Goren
07-08-2012, 04:13 AM
You have my heart felt sympathies. May the good Lord look after you and your friend in your time of grief.

Grits
07-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Thank you all. My friend's husband had long been ready to leave this world. His cancer was found inoperable when diagnosed two years ago at only 62. The most difficult problem with his care came after his second chemo treatment. He had a massive stroke that left him paralyzed on his right side. His doctors revealed that the chemo caused the stroke. Through long and repeated radiation treatments, he was in a wheelchair or bed ridden for the last 2 years, 3 months.

It was a long, hard road. Thank you all, again.

FiveWide
07-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Sorry for you and your friend's loss Grits. Any loss is tough but watching someone suffer through cancer is extremely tough. He's in a better place now and won't be suffering.

Be strong!

-Five