PDA

View Full Version : New Jobs

Tom
07-06-2012, 12:02 PM
...rolling in at an underwhelming rate, while President Orwell lies through his teeth on the road about how good we are doing....manf jobs coming back.....blah blah blah.

80 some thousand in June, a number that will be downgraded in a few weeks as happens every month.

We are not coming out of the hole, we are still digging it.

lamboguy
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
another joke. i would love to know what this president has accomplished during his term other than health insurance reform which most people don't like.

he is only the favorite right now because the guy running against him is no prize package either.

it would be wonderful if we had an election where you could vote on either guy, not take the lesser of 2 evils.

the loudest vote this time around might be no vote.

JBmadera
07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
heard that 71k of the 80k were the equivalent of entry level McDonald's job, aka min wage.

brutal......but thankfully we have mr obummer, he'll save us from ourselves

mostpost
07-06-2012, 12:25 PM
...rolling in at an underwhelming rate, while President Orwell lies through his teeth on the road about how good we are doing....manf jobs coming back.....blah blah blah.

80 some thousand in June, a number that will be downgraded in a few weeks as happens every month.

We are not coming out of the hole, we are still digging it.
Twenty one consecutive months of job growth. Yes the numbers are not great, but they are better than this. a lot better.
2008 41 -84 -95 -208 -190 -198 -210 -274 -432 -489 -803 -661

And all this done with the opposition of a know nothing congress dedicated to making certain the president succeeds at nothing. The country be damned. It is amazing we are doing this well.

Tom
07-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Don't you get dizzy spinning so much?
We need 250,000 NEW jobs a month to keep up with population growth.
We have not hit that in a long time.

There is no job growth.
He is lying.....again, or still?

highnote
07-06-2012, 12:48 PM
it would be wonderful if we had an election where you could vote on either guy, not take the lesser of 2 evils.

I plan on voting for an independent.

the loudest vote this time around might be no vote.

Almost the same thing as voting for an independent. :D

railbird
07-06-2012, 12:59 PM
I feel the same way High, but I believe a non vote or other will actually be a vote FOR obuma. :mad:

lamboguy
07-06-2012, 01:03 PM
I plan on voting for an independent.

Almost the same thing as voting for an independent. :Di can't disagree with that. i am going to have to study up on those candidates. it would be great to see a large percentage of the vote come in on an independent. that would send the real message in disgust for both of these political parties that always win.

mostpost
07-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Don't you get dizzy spinning so much?
We need 250,000 NEW jobs a month to keep up with population growth.
We have not hit that in a long time.

There is no job growth.
He is lying.....again, or still?
Bush:
2008 41 -84 -95 -208 -190 -198 -210 -274 -432 -489 -803 -661
Obama: 96 85 202 112 157 223
2012 275 259 143 68 77(P) 80(P)
Only Republicans could believe that 1,777,000 jobs gained in the last 12 months of the Obama presidency is worse than 3,603,000 jobs LOST in the final 12 months of the Bush Presidency. :bang: :bang:

ArlJim78
07-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Recovery Summer III - The Magic of Central Planning

Tom
07-06-2012, 02:09 PM
June is the month when college students find summer work.
And the numbers were still less than expected.

nijinski
07-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Spoke with an employee the other day from the courthhouse division of a large boro hall in my area.
They had slashed a large number of employees about two years ago. They are beginning to bring back jobs as they are backed up with admin work. These will be ONLY PART TIME jobs. You see alot of this and it just weakens the picture.

Saratoga_Mike
07-06-2012, 02:26 PM
The numbers are seasonally adjusted, so the month shouldn't matter too much. In reality, there were many more jobs added in June than the headline number (the 80k or so), but the adjuster reduces the headline number.

Robert Goren
07-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Mosty, you should know by now that republicans think 2008 wasn't part of the Bush presidency. In fact, most of them have blocked it from their mind and the year doesn't exist for them. According to them, we went from 2007 to 2009.

DJofSD
07-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Recovery Summer III - The Magic of Central Planning
Next, we'll be told the corn crop this year is a bumper crop.

All part of the five year plan.

Tom
07-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Bush is not out there saying he is creating jobs today, now is he Bobby?
Can't you guys EVER discuss things going on today?

Here is a neat wrinkle - created 80,000 jobs in June, but we had 85,000 go out on disability. He could not even fill existing jobs vacated! :lol:

btw, when you talk about how many job created, the number is meaningless unless you put a value on them. What is the TOTAL annual income associated with the jobs allegedly created? There are real jobs and then there are McJobs. And then there is part time summer jobs.

Wagergirl
07-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Let's not pretend that America has gotten where we are just in the last 4 years.... It's not like Obama inherited a gold mine

DJofSD
07-06-2012, 03:00 PM
First rule: when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Tom
07-06-2012, 03:02 PM
He did inherit anything.
He sough it out.
He knew what he was getting and he said he could fix it.
He lied.
He said if he couldn't fix it, we shouldn't vote for him for second term.

We should not.
He cannot fix anything.
He is incompetent.

DJofSD
07-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Now, now, Tom, he knows how to do one thing well: bow.

Wagergirl
07-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Tom,

Are you new? Every politician says they are going to fix it. Every single one says they have the idea that is gonna make every thing better. Every president says that we aren't going to have war, and that we aren't going to face more taxes, and he is going to come up with new jobs. Would it be AMAZING if they did what they said. Yeah. But they do what they can, and we pray.

I like reading your stuff most of the time. I find your sarcasm funny and occasionally enlightening.
But your rants about obama and politics makes you sound like a little kid who is about to take his ball and go home.

Here is a plan:

be educated (which you seem to be)
vote
cry or celebrate as needed
and then roll up your sleeves and help.
America sucks right now, but sitting at your computer and whining about it isn't going to fix it.

Ya know.. IMHO (cause adding that makes me sound less **tchy);)

of course you do life in the land of the free.. which means you can complain about our government without too much fear that they will be sending the "firemen" after you.

Robert Goren
07-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Bush is not out there saying he is creating jobs today, now is he Bobby?
Can't you guys EVER discuss things going on today?

Here is a neat wrinkle - created 80,000 jobs in June, but we had 85,000 go out on disability. He could not even fill existing jobs vacated! :lol:

btw, when you talk about how many job created, the number is meaningless unless you put a value on them. What is the TOTAL annual income associated with the jobs allegedly created? There are real jobs and then there are McJobs. And then there is part time summer jobs.But you and the rest of republicans are saying if we elect someone who do exactly the same as Bush, he will create more jobs that Obama. I say if we elect him, we will go back to losing 100K jobs a month instead of creating 80K a month just like we did in 2008. Bush's economic policies were a disaster as 2008 proved. Mitt has said over and over again he will return to them.

iceknight
07-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Anyone here (incl Tom) heard of Sen. Ron Paul, and talk about him much? (I know I should use the search function, but for now I am just asking)

bigmack
07-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Twenty one consecutive months of job growth. Yes the numbers are not great, but they are better than this. a lot better.
Put this in your pipe & smoke it. And pass it on to that loon, Goren.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/FactCheckorg-ObamasEconomicSleightofHand.png
http://factcheck.org/2012/06/obamas-economic-sleight-of-hand/

ArlJim78
07-06-2012, 04:07 PM
more Recovery Summer III highlights:
more people are going on disability than getting hired.
The economy created just 80,000 jobs in June, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday. But that same month, 85,000 workers left the workforce entirely to enroll in the Social Security Disability Insurance program, according to the Social Security Administration.

The disability ranks have outpaced job growth throughout President Obama's economic recovery. While the economy has created 2.6 million jobs since June 2009, fully 3.1 million workers signed up for disability benefits.

http://news.investors.com/article/617233/201207060945/disability-climbs-faster-than-jobs-under-obama.htm

FantasticDan
07-06-2012, 04:32 PM
America sucks right now, but sitting at your computer and whining about it isn't going to fix it.I'm just curious, but at what time in history do you believe America was "better" than right now?

Wagergirl
07-06-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm just curious, but at what time in history do you believe America was "better" than right now?

Good question, each era of US History has it's good and bad. However, I will stand by my statement of

but sitting at your computer and whining about it isn't going to fix it.

Greyfox
07-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Tom,

Are you new? Every politician says they are going to fix it.

Obama said he would fix it and didn't.
Okay, he was a politician who wanted in.
That doesn't negate Tom's most important point:

Obama is incompetent.
He's a classic example of The Peter Principle in operation.
He's risen well over his level of competence.
He's done miserably at Gitmo, the Gulf Stream Oil Leak, the Keystone Pipeline, Solyndra, dithering on what to do when General Petraeus requested more troops in Afghanistan, leading from the rear in the Libyan crisis, reducing the National Debt, job creation and so on.
Many world leaders such as Putin (Russia), Netanyahu (Israel), Sarkozy (ex Pm of France), Harper (Canada) and that little creep "Imadinnerjacket" in Iran, have little or no respect for him. Pakistan plays him like a fiddle.
The man, poor soul, is over his head in this job.
The joke of it all is, he'll probably beat Romney.
What a sad future for the next 5 years.

NJ Stinks
07-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Obama said he would fix it and didn't.

What a sad future for the next 5 years.

Stock market is up about 5,000 points since Obama took over.

Oh. That's right. He's bad for business too. :rolleyes:

mostpost
07-06-2012, 06:37 PM

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/FactCheckorg-ObamasEconomicSleightofHand.png
http://factcheck.org/2012/06/obamas-economic-sleight-of-hand/
All right let's do it your way. We won't count 2001 because Bush inherited a recession. He really didn't because the recession did not start until March of 2001. But let's say he inherited the conditions leading to a recession. So we start with January of 2002 and end with December of 2008. We add all the good months and subtract all the bad months and we come up with the fact there were 131,000 more jobs at the end of that period than there were at the beginning. That is a period of 84 months, which means an average of 1,559 jobs were added each month.

Now we come to Obama. If we ignore the first year of Bush's presidency, when there was no recession when he took office; then we certainly have the right to ignore the first year of Obama's presidency when we had been in a recession for a year when he took office. Therefore, starting with January of 2010 through today, (using the same method as for Bush) we see that we have gained 3,389,000 jobs. That is an average of 113,000 per month.

113.000 is better than 1559.
Figures come from the Bureau of Labor statistics.
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0000000001?output_view=net_1mth

For all of those who keep saying "Bush isn't president anymore. Why do you keep talking about Bush? Talk about today." I have this answer.

You can't talk about today without talking about what caused today. You can't ignore the fact that Obama's job creation is infinitely better than Bush's was. OK, not infinitely better; only 72 times better. We compare the Obama record with the Bush record, because you ignore the Bush record and we will not let you get away with that.
But we know that you will keep trying. :bang:

Marshall Bennett
07-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Stock market isn't a good measuring stick in that it can crash overnight. For the most part it shows what investors are spending or withdrawing.

Pace Cap'n
07-06-2012, 06:46 PM
No doubt jobs have been created. Hell, I've got three of them myself.

bigmack
07-06-2012, 06:52 PM
But we know that you will keep trying.
You think I'm going to play a numbers game with a pathetic, sycophantic tool for BO like you? You're nuts.

From the insular world of a retired civil servant, all is peachy.

I played this game with hcap and his smoke & mirrors routine with graphs & numbers and took him to the wood shed.

I'd do the same with you but you're just too dumb. Plain & simple.

mostpost
07-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm just curious, but at what time in history do you believe America was "better" than right now?
I can answer that; late 1930's to mid 1960's. Of course no period is perfect and none is completely bad.

In the late 30's we were starting to come out of the Great Depression. We had begun the process of helping our elderly and infirm with Social Security. We had started to give workers the tools that created the largest, most prosperous middle class in world history. In the 1940's we engaged in and won a war against the most brutal tyranny in history. After that war we took care of the veterans who had fought in that war. We did this by giving them opportunities; opportunities to study. opportunities to buy homes, opportunities for medical care. We built the largest, most comprehensive public works project in world history, the Federal Interstate System. We integrated our schools. We banned discrimination in the work place. we banned discrimination in the voting booth. We repealed Jim Crow laws.
We continued to empower unions.

Then came 1980. Downhill ever since, with a few exceptions and even Clinton and Obama were hamstrung at every turn.

mostpost
07-06-2012, 06:59 PM
You think I'm going to play a numbers game with a pathetic, sycophantic tool for BO like you? You're nuts.

From the insular world of a retired civil servant, all is peachy.

I played this game with hcap and his smoke & mirrors routine with graphs & numbers and took him to the wood shed.

I'd do the same with you but you're just too dumb. Plain & simple.
You had better not. I will beat you every time. Of course you are just to dumb to see you are beaten.

I do not recall any time you have beaten Hcap at anything, but you just keep deluding yourself.

bigmack
07-06-2012, 07:17 PM
You had better not. I will beat you every time.
Postal legend in his own minds zip code.

You've darted from more threads with your tail between your crack more than Tom has posts. My venture into "Lib for a week" showed what a feeble crew you and your comrades make.

Why just in the other thread you had your genitalia handed to you multiple times but yet you retreat back to Fantasyland and think you're an ace debater.

Truth is, you're a hack who's a laughable tool.

With your previous post about the best times of this country... If we wanted to hear that rubbish we'd dial-up MSNBC and hear yet another didactic diatribe from Butch Maddow or your personal hero, Eddie S.

NJ Stinks
07-06-2012, 07:29 PM

You've got some real nice qualities about you, Mack. And then there is the above.

What's that all about, I wonder. :confused:

bigmack
07-06-2012, 07:35 PM
You've got some real nice qualities about you, Mack. And then there is the above.

Haven't you been playing along at home? His nose is caramelized from having it crammed up BO's backside. Start with his stance that Hawaii is in Asia and work your way sideways. Anyway you slice it, Mosty is one of the biggest tools of all time.

You know what a tool is, right?

johnhannibalsmith
07-06-2012, 08:48 PM
...In the late 30's we were starting to come out of the Great Depression. We had begun the process of helping our elderly and infirm with Social Security. We had started to give workers the tools that created the largest, most prosperous middle class in world history. In the 1940's we engaged in and won a war against the most brutal tyranny in history. After that war we took care of the veterans who had fought in that war. We did this by giving them opportunities; opportunities to study. opportunities to buy homes, opportunities for medical care. We built the largest, most comprehensive public works project in world history, the Federal Interstate System. We integrated our schools. We banned discrimination in the work place. we banned discrimination in the voting booth. We repealed Jim Crow laws.

Yeah, it's a crying shame that all of those things don't exist now... I don't get it... you're basically highlighting contrast in policy - we made things better than they were previously - most of those things have only been expanded in scope, so shouldn't things be really swell now by comparison? Are you saying the laws against discrimination have been reenacted and access to education and housing and medical care is worse now than 80 years ago?

lsbets
07-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Of course you are just to dumb to see you are beaten.

He's "to dumb"? :lol: :lol:

As I told you before, stick to stamps. That's about the only subject you're qualified to speak on. Mack runs circles around you, and you too dumb to notice.

newtothegame
07-06-2012, 09:41 PM
I can answer that; late 1930's to mid 1960's. Of course no period is perfect and none is completely bad.

In the late 30's we were starting to come out of the Great Depression. We had begun the process of helping our elderly and infirm with Social Security. We had started to give workers the tools that created the largest, most prosperous middle class in world history. In the 1940's we engaged in and won a war against the most brutal tyranny in history. After that war we took care of the veterans who had fought in that war. We did this by giving them opportunities; opportunities to study. opportunities to buy homes, opportunities for medical care. We built the largest, most comprehensive public works project in world history, the Federal Interstate System. We integrated our schools. We banned discrimination in the work place. we banned discrimination in the voting booth. We repealed Jim Crow laws.

Then came 1980. Downhill ever since, with a few exceptions and even Clinton and Obama were hamstrung at every turn.

Moasty, even you could possibly, POSSIBLY notice your use of certain terms. Such as "opportunities". You used it many times and those same "opportunities" are still there.
The problem in today's society, as we have previously discussed, is those opportunities have turned into another nasty word you didnt like. You even went so far as to try and give us a book definition...which had nothing to do with the context in which it was used. But, nice try anyway on your part.
So, as John has asked, have we regressed since then? If so, please provide examples....

Robert Goren
07-06-2012, 10:26 PM

http://factcheck.org/2012/06/obamas-economic-sleight-of-hand/ More of ignoring of what happened in 2008. Like I said before the republicans seem to forget 2008 ever happened. And they certainly won't own up to the crazy policies that caused it. Nothing that happened in the other 7 years of GWB presidency can make up for happened in 2008. There is reason that when he left office his job approval rating was below Jimmy Carter's and about 20 points below Obama's now.

mostpost
07-06-2012, 10:28 PM
He's "to dumb"? :lol: :lol:

As I told you before, stick to stamps. That's about the only subject you're qualified to speak on. Mack runs circles around you, and you too dumb to notice.
And you are too dumb to know the difference between a typo and a grammatical mistake.

mostpost
07-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah, it's a crying shame that all of those things don't exist now... I don't get it... you're basically highlighting contrast in policy - we made things better than they were previously - most of those things have only been expanded in scope, so shouldn't things be really swell now by comparison? Are you saying the laws against discrimination have been reenacted and access to education and housing and medical care is worse now than 80 years ago?
We are worse because we are not better. We have less union participation now. The power of unions to represent their members is weaker because of it. A head of household is finding it more and more difficult to support his or her family with one job. We are making more and more laws designed to limit participation at the polls. The governor of Michigan is assigning dictators to control various cities in that state. There is a concerted effort to take away Social Security and Medicare.
The present is not as good as the past and that is not the way things should be.

mostpost
07-06-2012, 10:58 PM

You are usually spot on, but you sure are wrong about that.
What it is all about is that burger boy presented some skewed facts and I corrected him. Well, it wasn't really him; it was something he found somewhere. He objected to Obama comparing the last twenty seven months of job growth to the first seven years of Bush's reign. (Obama created more jobs).

BM said that was not a fair comparison because GW inherited the Clinton recession. Of course there was not a Clinton recession; the recession did not start until three months into Bush's first term.

But, I said, "OK we'll ignore that first year." We will consider only the seven years that Bush was completely in charge. To be fair we will not consider Obama's first year since he can not be responsible if Bush wasn't.

You can see the results of the comparison in my post a few above.

Burger boy is always flappin' about how I abandon threads due to his brilliance. Rubbish!!! I stay as long as there is intelligent discourse to be had. But after awhile, after repeating the same thing over and over and receiving the same responses that I have proven wrong time and again, I move on.

johnhannibalsmith
07-06-2012, 11:04 PM
We are worse because we are not better. We have less union participation now. The power of unions to represent their members is weaker because of it. A head of household is finding it more and more difficult to support his or her family with one job. We are making more and more laws designed to limit participation at the polls. The governor of Michigan is assigning dictators to control various cities in that state. There is a concerted effort to take away Social Security and Medicare.
The present is not as good as the past and that is not the way things should be.

I think it is fairly clear that you are oversimplifying your theory here and cherrypicking the examples that best support that oversimplification. We live longer, mostly healthier, have conveniences to enhance and simplify our lives and quality of our leisure time, and our "poor" today would seemingly live a much less tragic life than in that era. We can debate elements of that last sentence and both come out winners in the debate, but I think your complaint is that the trajectory of our "progressivism" isn't as severe as it was at that time.

Some will say "hurrah" to that, other will say "boo" to that - I'll just say that overall, that trajectory is still headed in a direction that you support, even if it isn't at the rate you desire. In other words, overall, if progressivism and safety nets and the like are a standard for "quality" of our society, then it has to be better than it was, even if it there are ebbs and flows in the aforementioned trajectory that frustrate you.

mostpost
07-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Moasty, even you could possibly, POSSIBLY notice your use of certain terms. Such as "opportunities". You used it many times and those same "opportunities" are still there.
The problem in today's society, as we have previously discussed, is those opportunities have turned into another nasty word you didnt like. You even went so far as to try and give us a book definition...which had nothing to do with the context in which it was used. But, nice try anyway on your part.
So, as John has asked, have we regressed since then? If so, please provide examples....
According to you, the GI bill was an entitlement. We gave those veterans something for nothing. EXCEPT THAT THEY WERE WILLING TO DIE FOR US.

This is the point of all these programs; GI Bill, Social Security; Medicare; unemployment insurance. They give people the chance to contribute.

These programs did not begin with the New Deal. Those self reliant pioneers of the nineteenth century? They moved west because the government gave them 160 acres of free land.

The first transcontinental railroad was financed by government bonds and the right of way was secured through government grants.

mostpost
07-06-2012, 11:18 PM
I think it is fairly clear that you are oversimplifying your theory here and cherrypicking the examples that best support that oversimplification. We live longer, mostly healthier, have conveniences to enhance and simplify our lives and quality of our leisure time, and our "poor" today would seemingly live a much less tragic life than in that era. We can debate elements of that last sentence and both come out winners in the debate, but I think your complaint is that the trajectory of our "progressivism" isn't as severe as it was at that time.

Some will say "hurrah" to that, other will say "boo" to that - I'll just say that overall, that trajectory is still headed in a direction that you support, even if it isn't at the rate you desire. In other words, overall, if progressivism and safety nets and the like are a standard for "quality" of our society, then it has to be better than it was, even if it there are ebbs and flows in the aforementioned trajectory that frustrate you.
Obviously there are bad parts to good times and good parts to bad times, but I stand by my judgement.

Striker
07-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Just saw the false unemployment figures once again as they are reported to be 8.2%. Has BO or Romney even said anything about these numbers being wayoff or do both of them believe that numbers do not lie?

newtothegame
07-07-2012, 12:46 AM
According to you, the GI bill was an entitlement. We gave those veterans something for nothing. EXCEPT THAT THEY WERE WILLING TO DIE FOR US.

This is the point of all these programs; GI Bill, Social Security; Medicare; unemployment insurance. They give people the chance to contribute.

These programs did not begin with the New Deal. Those self reliant pioneers of the nineteenth century? They moved west because the government gave them 160 acres of free land.

The first transcontinental railroad was financed by government bonds and the right of way was secured through government grants.
B.S mosty...no where in your original did you mention the GI bill....
And I am quite aware of the GI bill. I passed on it like a dumb ass.....so please don't play by twisting my words.
You mention a lot of opportunities...and I AGREE with you that those are just that...OPPORTUNITIES. Not entitlements as some here have suggested...(and you know damn well what I am referring to).....

mostpost
07-07-2012, 01:18 AM
B.S mosty...no where in your original did you mention the GI bill.
From my post #34:
After that war we took care of the veterans who had fought in that war. We did this by giving them opportunities; opportunities to study. opportunities to buy homes, opportunities for medical care
That's the GI Bill. Excuse me if I did not use the name and draw arrows to itl

acorn54
07-07-2012, 04:46 AM
typical pissing match
the economic situation is far too complex and widespread. it is rather superficial to make out like a single individual or group of individuals can turn around the national or global economy.

bigmack
07-07-2012, 06:02 AM
What happened to the days when you might find a well thought out argument from a Secretariat? Hell even an hcap or Suff.

Now we have complete hacks in the form of Mosty & Co. NOT a bright bunch.

Debating anything with Mosty is an exercise in frivolity and not worth the time. Easy enough to have his lunch any ole time.

The confounding part is him thinking he's some sort of Clarence Darrow.

Place has really been dumbed down with the likes of Mosty & Goren. Not saying that to be rude, just fact.

Tom
07-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Now, now, Tom, he knows how to do one thing well: bow.

Then he should bow OUT! :D

Tom
07-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Late 80's, 90's.

2000's started off promising, but then there was the terrorist plot allowed to grow within our borders during the Clinton cover up of his "sexual relations with that women."

Wagergirl
07-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Postal legend in his own minds zip code.

You've darted from more threads with your tail between your crack more than Tom has posts. My venture into "Lib for a week" showed what a feeble crew you and your comrades make.

Why just in the other thread you had your genitalia handed to you multiple times but yet you retreat back to Fantasyland and think you're an ace debater.

With your previous post about the best times of this country... If we wanted to hear that rubbish we'd dial-up MSNBC and hear yet another didactic diatribe from Butch Maddow or your personal hero, Eddie S.

I might not always agree with what you have to say, but I will say that you do paint quite the picture with your words. Not an attractivew picture.. but a picture nonetheless.;)