PDA

View Full Version : Our Radio Show This Week Features Sean Clancy and Bobby Neuman!

winningponies
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
We have a great radio show planned for tonight and I thought the PaceAdvantage community would be interested. For anyone that is not familiar with the Winning Ponies Radio Show, it is hosted by John Englehardt and we have special guests each week to talk about handicapping and other racing topics.

I am thrilled to have this week's special guests Sean Clancy and Bobby Neuman. The show airs live every Thursday at 8pm ET on http://radio.winningponies.com.

Read Below for the full episode description! I'll have John check this thread just incase you want to talk about something in particular.

Episode Description: "July 4th Special - "Winning Ponies" Welcomes Writer/Ex-Jockey Sean Clancy and
Handicapper Bobby Neuman

In the first segment, Sean Clancy a critically acclaimed writer and former champion jockey, will tell us about his journey in horse racing. How his father, Joe Clancy Sr., who trained flat and steeplechase horses had instilled in sons Sean and Joe Jr. a love of racing. Sean had quite a career as a jockey, riding steeplechase races professionally for 13 years. Currently Clancy is the author of Saratoga Days and co-author of The Best of the Saratoga Special. He has also written for the Daily Racing Form, The Blood-Horse, Mid-Atlantic Thoroughbred and Newsweek among others. In the second segment Bobby Neuman who started his career in racing as a hot walker and groom for Charlie Whittingham then for Bobby Frankel, then from a job as a pari-mutuel clerk, to his first announcing job on Arizona Fair circuit (Duncan, Safford, Douglas, Sonoita and Globe). Bobby started at Calder in 1999 as Paddock/Television Host and became full-time announcer there in 2005. He will join our host with his insight into Calder's "Summit of Speed" to be the highlight of racing at Calder this weekend.