PDA

View Full Version : Presque Isles

lamboguy
07-05-2012, 06:35 PM
they are putting up a purse of $14,000 for double beaten nickles and all they could scrimp together is 5 horses?

i have never seen this in my life, this is a bad joke

lamboguy
07-05-2012, 07:30 PM
i am playing Fair Meadows this evening, they have $1200 in their win pools!

wisconsin
07-05-2012, 07:44 PM
they are putting up a purse of $14,000 for double beaten nickles and all they could scrimp together is 5 horses?

i have never seen this in my life, this is a bad joke

Why bother shipping, you get the same purse at Penn. Pennsylvania could have a monster circuit if they wanted to get together and work out dates.
Never going to happen, though. Too busy fighting for the betting dollar.

Robert Goren
07-06-2012, 05:04 AM
Why bother shipping, you get the same purse at Penn. Pennsylvania could have a monster circuit if they wanted to get together and work out dates.
Never going to happen, though. Too busy fighting for the betting dollar. If that was only true. They only betting dollar in Pennsylvania that they are interested in is the one that goes into a slot machine. Horse racing is only a reason to have slots. There is a move to eliminate that reason. It failed this year, but you know it will be back next year and the next and the next until it succeeds.

northerndancer
07-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Never going to happen, though. Too busy fighting for the betting dollar.

So true cost to ship from Penn to PID is $800 plus the wear and tear on the animal.... not worth it when you add it all up.

Some_One
07-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Handle for PID on Betfair is many many times larger then the track pools.

Striker
07-07-2012, 12:28 AM
PID gets to show off a filly(maybe the 1st to race but not sure)from The Green Monkey that goes in Race 2 Saturday. People should be very excited for that. :)