PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th of July!!!!!!

Shelby
07-03-2012, 04:00 PM
What's everyone doing?

I bought a mountain of seafood from Pike's Place Fish in Seattle--huge splurge, but worth it. So, I'm gonna fry some calamari, and boil up some prawns and king crab legs and watch the ponies on TVG.

I'm excited :)

Oh, and then fireworks later on--I think, if they don't call them off due to high fire danger.

Robert Goren
07-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Some racing during the day and channel surfing among various 4th specials on tv at night. I love patriotic music. The city here sets off its fireworks tonight, but it is too hot for me to go out and watch.

Bettowin
07-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Just made a gallon of homemade salsa from the tomatoes and jalapenos out of the gardens and the turkey will be off the smoker in about 3 hours. (roasted the salsa veggies on the smoker also)

Will be taking it along with some steaks and walleye we caught a couple weeks ago to the lake after playing in a 4th of July golf tournament tomorrow:)

Oh can't forget the margarita machine!

Will be a good time with friends and family celebrating and boating in the the 100+ degree heat..... ughhh.

Have a feeling I will need to get back to work next Monday to recover:)

Shelby, your seafood extravaganza sounds wonderful.

lamboguy
07-03-2012, 04:39 PM
i just bought some frozen white castle hamburgs and clossen sliced up pickles that i am going to stick in the middle of those babies!

ldiatone
07-03-2012, 04:55 PM
work :( i'll be in bed by 9pm the cats will get scared and jump on the bed when the fire works go off :(

Striker
07-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Oh, and then fireworks later on--I think, if they don't call them off due to high fire danger.
Most of the cities that don't have the fireworks over water up here in the northern suburbs of Chicago have already cancelled the fireworks.

Beachbabe
07-03-2012, 10:38 PM
What's everyone doing?

I bought a mountain of seafood from Pike's Place Fish in Seattle--huge splurge, but worth it. So, I'm gonna fry some calamari, and boil up some prawns and king crab legs and watch the ponies on TVG.

Put that calamari on the grill, Shelby. Baste them with olive oil,garlic....uhmmmmmmmmmm !!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I know I'll watch some fireworks either the man-made kind or those from Mother Nature (supposed to get some wild thunder-storms).
Supposed to play golf....but too hot. Will just grill for some friends and try to play some horsies.
Happy Fourth, everyone

Tom
07-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Playing the races tonight and all day tomorrow.
Got a couple steaks for sandwiches, some chicken, clams, and corn for tomorrow, and going on a shrimp run in the morning.
Got lemonade and beer on ice, and I'll be biting the heads off of a few of them weasels in about 5 minutes. Big bowl of Red Chowder with Frank's HS is on the stove right now.

Hot out, but it's only going to get worse for a few days.

Ocala Mike
07-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Mowing the 3 acres, and hitting the wife's "honey-do" list. Then, cooking up some homemade baked ziti with Italian sausage, green salad, and French bread.

Later, will stay out of the way of the cats flying around the place when the fireworks go off. Happy 4th, everyone!

lamboguy
07-04-2012, 10:43 AM
last night i happened to have caught the television show, Talent Search, with the judges being Howard Mandell and Sterns and a nice young gal. they had a guy that was an immigrant who sang AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL. it was very passionate and touching. the audience was moved by the guy singing as well. anyway he won the trip to vegas or where ever you go if you are selected. this morning i was at trader joes and they were selling paper napkins of the united states flag. those 2 things made me very proud and happy to be here on this beautiful soil.

GaryG
07-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Grilled shrimp, 4-alarm guacamole and Buck Mountain moonshine... After I get back from the OTB with loads of cash.

Twelve years ago when I lived in Chicago we went for a 4th of July drive through rural western Illinois. That was a great day, all of the small towns with parades and gatherings in the park and homemade ice cream. This was America.

iceknight
07-04-2012, 11:07 AM
What's everyone doing?

Oh, and then fireworks later on--I think, if they don't call them off due to high fire danger. Happy Independence Day to you and all!

Just ran (crawled) a 4k race and now looking up some forms (bris). Might join a grilling party with a church group later, then fireworks :) !!

Oh, also catching up on the Physics discoveries with Phd Comics video http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php?f=1489

tbwinner
07-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Happy 4th everyone!

Making some grilled chicken breasts with a honey mustard sauce, fried green beans(great way to make a healthy food only partly healthy), along with some cole slaw and an apple pie picked up from Bakers Square last night. Then got the fridge stocked up with Modelos, Coronas (how American!), and Blue Moons.

Shelby
07-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Holy crap, I'm stopping by each of your houses today for food and drinks :)

I had to do some icky chores this morning--had to get up at 6 and work in the heat--twas like a billion degrees already.

Anyway, I'm home now. Ready for a cocktail and some ponies :)

Shelby
07-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Nick Hines just said "hi" to me on TVG. :) I feel famous lol.

horses4courses
07-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Happy 4th of July! :cool:

http://www.southlaketahoe.com/media/p/July-4th_Lights-on-the-Lake.png

Wagergirl
07-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Working today, but will get off in time to spend time with the family and enjoy some fireworks.

Glad to be an American!!

NJ Stinks
07-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Just got back from England last night in time for the July 4th celebration! :jump:

But this heat is quickly sapping my strength.

(It was about 64 yesterday in London. Our Olympians are going to love competing in that climate. :cool: )

bigmack
07-04-2012, 03:08 PM
I was particularly touched by the sentiments of Chris Rock & others on this 4th, via that nutty & crazy, Twitterville.

Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren't free but I'm sure they enjoyed fireworks.

Is Chris unhappy here?

Shemp Howard
07-04-2012, 03:09 PM
It;s all over Johnny.:eek: God Bless what used to be Americ

It's not the end of the world, just different.

wisconsin
07-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Went to the Milwaukee Summerfest last night, saw an hour long fireworks display and then rocked to Joe Walsh, had 4th row seats, what a blast, even if it was still 90 degrees at 10pm.

Have not done a thing today, the kids are scattered about with gf's families, and such, plus it's 100 outside, so no chance I'm gonna fire up the grill on my hot patio. We may go eat out and catch another show tonight.

This is the first year where there are very few distant amateur firework sounds, a sound I love this time of year. A severe drought will do that. Have not had to hop on my tractor in nearly 6 weeks now.

Be happy and safe!

PaceAdvantage
07-04-2012, 10:50 PM
last night i happened to have caught the television show, Talent Search, with the judges being Howard Mandell and Sterns and a nice young gal. Nice young gal? lol

If you're talking about Sharon Osboune, she's older than both Howards (but not by much)... :lol:

Grits
07-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Horses4C, thanks for the photo of Lake Tahoe! Its beautiful. It reminded me of the 25+ years I spent on a large lake here in Carolina. We had the same scene each July 4th. (This was a large lake with 350 miles of shoreline.) Boats from all over would come to the main body of the lake, gathering as the sun was setting. It was quite a sight. A floating armada, fireworks, and families all having great fun. GREAT memories. Again, thanks. ;)

horses4courses
07-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Always adds a little to the spectacle to see them over water.
Unfortunately, I gave them a miss last night. Work at 5am.....:(