PDA

View Full Version : Belmont - Weds Race7

PhantomOnTour
07-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Nice race; let's talk about it.

Starting with the two ML favs #6 and #8.
Gotta use #6 Quiet Ending - last was a fast race at every call and she won it easily under a hand ride thru a legit 3rd fraction. Clement/Lezcano, what's not to like?
Trying to beat #8 Inimitable Romance - got a legit pace to chase in her last two, had the lead late, and failed to seal the deal both times. Esp her last race when they went really quick thru the first 1/2m. Wide trip looms again from the 9 hole. Prado replaces Johnny V. Likely to go off higher than her 2-1 ML. Still, no thanks.

How 'bout #7 She's Always Hot? - with Castro up she should lay fairly close to a tepid pace and can really bring it in the lane. Got a dream trip in her last and ran 2nd, but it was a nice effort in her first try vs winners. Her MSW win was nice. Trainer is okay with me...10-1 ML
Also looking at #10 Court Of Dreams - i watched her as she rolled by and beat my pick last fall at Bel and wondered how i let a Powerscourt get away from me at 12-1. Really needed her last and got no pace at all up front. Still, she equaled her winning run from last year (which was over this course and dist.) and will be fitter today. Rosie replaces Montalvo, may get the pace they need today with #1, #1A, #6 and #3 (Wilmer only knows one way to go and that's to the front). Comes out of the same race as #7...20-1 ML and i will use her in some capacity.
Last one to consider is #1A Strike Accord - may not be good enough to beat these but she oughta get a nice up close stalking trip under Nakatani. Been competitive every time except her debut. May be there...8-1 ML and i need all of it for a play.
Oh yeah, almost forgot #4 Mah Jong Madness - moved too soon two races back and too late in her last. Now gets Ramon and should move at the right time. Still, she ain't much of a stretch runner. Can't ignore though as she will be all over this pace and may hit the lead turning for home.

Initially, i am looking at using the 6-7 on top with many underneath...1-4-6-7-10 and a win bet on the 7-10.

Time for your input...

Bertrando
07-03-2012, 08:03 PM
I find it interesting that Ramon is taking the mount on the #4 Mah Jong Maddness for a low profile trainer ( Morrison ) . When Graham Motion # 8( a Ramon regular client) needs to reach down to Prado with the Ml favorite ? It feels like the #8 Inimitable Romance will be an over-bet trap. BTW good insightful observations

bucksboy
07-04-2012, 09:17 AM
two great assessments.....Ramon on the 4 is interesting...lightly raced coming
out of a little stake but I like the 6 Quiet Ending...lightly raced also, and the
second and third placed runners from last both came back to score.
Looks like the lightbulb went on last start and he follows up on 6/27 with a
nice work. Maybe Clement found out this filly understands French..

Hope everyone has lots of winners. Happy 4th of July to all

lamboguy
07-04-2012, 09:45 AM
the only thing i can add about this race is that i had PROUD DAME as a baby and expected more from her. it took her about a year to wake up and she finally won a decent NY maiden last out. not usually the best type to plunk down your money on, but nontheless i have seen crazier things happen at racetracks.

PhantomOnTour
07-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Been looking at R1 today from Belmont.
Tell me, is #6 To The Point even eligible for this race?
She isn't a 3yr old and she's won a turf race before the cutoff date in the conditions, and she's cleared her n3l hurdle.

Copyroomjim
07-04-2012, 11:46 AM
#6 SCR

PhantomOnTour
07-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Going with #8 in race 1 at 8-1