PDA

View Full Version : Parx---tuesday, July 3

Beachbabe
07-02-2012, 10:14 PM
In what seems to be an odd turn of events, Parx is running one of their few graded stakes, The Dr James Penny Memorial (grade 3) tomorrow, tuesday.

Whatever the reason, one of the benefits of running a graded stake on a day when most tracks are closed, is that they were able to rustle up some fine riders for the race including, Dominguez, Castellano, Leparoux, Maragh, Rosario, Lezcano and Garcia

alhattab
07-02-2012, 11:04 PM
In what seems to be an odd turn of events, Parx is running one of their few graded stakes, The Dr James Penny Memorial (grade 3) tomorrow, tuesday.

Whatever the reason, one of the benefits of running a graded stake on a day when most tracks are closed, is that they were able to rustle up some fine riders for the race including, Dominguez, Castellano, Leparoux, Maragh, Rosario, Lezcano and Garcia

Monmouth Park would do this sometimes backin the day when Mth ran Mon-Sat (Sun racing wasn't legal) and NYRA ran Wed-Mon. Tue was a big day for Mth as a result. I became a fan after OTB came along but even then Mth continued the practice. I imagine Tue were even bigger when you had to be there to bet legally.

Robert Fischer
07-02-2012, 11:14 PM

some decent horses too...

Pinch Pie has been one of my favorites.

Naples Bay @ 12-1. :eek:

jerry-g
07-03-2012, 07:09 AM
I look for Pinch Pie to win with good joc/trn comb. 18% Gitchee Goomie to run
2nd also with a good jock/trainer comb. 21%

MickJ26
07-03-2012, 10:53 AM
I think this race was rescheduled from when they cancelled due to the heat.

Beachbabe
07-03-2012, 12:52 PM
I think this race was rescheduled from when they cancelled due to the heat.

Well, I looked at the entries for sat & sunday (the 2 days they cancelled) and there was no stake races listed.

Robert Fischer
07-03-2012, 04:12 PM
I look for Pinch Pie to win with good joc/trn comb. 18% Gitchee Goomie to run
2nd also with a good jock/trainer comb. 21%

surprised the 9 Hessonite took all the early money.

the 4 Gitchee Goomie favored over here last time, beat her last time and is a quicker more tactical horse (suited to parx turf).
Maybe she's live?? Blindly betting Ramon Dominguez?? I have no idea..

PhantomOnTour
07-03-2012, 04:15 PM
In my only bet of the day i will try with #7 My Redbyrd...never runs a bad race, performs well everywhere she runs.
May not get the pace she requires today but 10-1 is generous enough for me.

Robert Fischer
07-03-2012, 04:25 PM
:1::3::4::8:

and :3::4::8:

ex bxs

Robert Fischer
07-03-2012, 05:29 PM
pretty good race