PDA

View Full Version : NYRA late tote action

MightBeSosa
07-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Noticing quite a bit of violent late odds changes in the win/exacta pools lately in NY. More than usual. SAR should be fun.

Might be a new crew at work betting large.

Just sayin.

sammy the sage
07-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Yes...they started at smaller tracks...but getting bolder...have GRADUATED to middling tracks...and NOW....the BIGGEST tracks states side...

They're placing LARGE wager's and cancelling part or all or then moving them around...

Will be entertaining for sure...

Wagergirl
07-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Yes...they started at smaller tracks...but getting bolder...have GRADUATED to middling tracks...and NOW....the BIGGEST tracks states side...

They're placing LARGE wager's and cancelling part or all or then moving them around...

Isn't there a rule against that? I know that sounds like a dumb question. Where I work, if the wager is a LARGE wager and they call in to cancel it. We do not cancel, depending on what track, how much, and how close it is to post time. I guess that could just be a company thing, eh?

Vinman
07-02-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't know if a "receiving" track has the power to do this, but NYRA, or any track, for that matter should prohibit the cancellation of these large wagers. All they do is deceive the public and give the big bettors themselves an advantage because they know where "the money" is ultimately going and know what the Exacta will-pays, for example, will ultimately be with their $$$ in or out. This is one reason why I mostly play Pick 4's....none of this "I'll put my bets in and see what the resulting price is, then cancel if I don't like it". There's simply no reason to cancel a Pick 4 wager unless you mis-punch your tickets.

When I go to Favorites in Woodbridge for example, I can't cancel a wager in excess of $250. Why should these "Whales" be able to cancel these megawagers?

Vinman

Wagergirl
07-02-2012, 11:46 AM
When I go to Favorites in Woodbridge for example, I can't cancel a wager in excess of $250. Why should these "Whales" be able to cancel these megawagers?

Vinman

That is the rule where I work as well. I always thought that was an industry standard to prevent this kind of crapola.

MightBeSosa
07-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Frankly, I'm not seeing wholesale wager cancels. I don't think its happening in NY, except for occasional obvious errors.

People might mistake natural late price movement for cancellations. A real cancel of a decent bet on an exacta or win, would show up quite dramatically . Not seeing it.

horses4courses
07-02-2012, 04:43 PM
There's simply no reason to cancel a Pick 4 wager unless you mis-punch your tickets. Vinman

I agree, except when races are taken off the turf after you have placed your wager. That can be infuriating, and a real waste of cash.

Vinman
07-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I agree, except when races are taken off the turf after you have placed your wager. That can be infuriating, and a real waste of cash.

This is why any surface switch that occurs after the first leg has been run should result in any such race being an "ALL" for any horizontal wager....no losers....no refunds....just and automatic "W" in the surface switched race(s).

Vinman

Saratoga_Mike
07-02-2012, 04:52 PM

Some on here track pools by analyzing ADW provided data - do you do this? Or are you speculating (as related to NYRA)?

horses4courses
07-02-2012, 05:00 PM
This is why any surface switch that occurs after the first leg has been run should result in any such race being an "ALL" for any horizontal wager....no losers....no refunds....just and automatic "W" in the surface switched race(s).

Vinman

Good solution.
Sounds way too sensible to ever become universal.
Does any track, or state, do this yet?

OTM Al
07-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Good solution.
Sounds way too sensible to ever become universal.
Does any track, or state, do this yet?

NYRA for one. Think GP may have started doing it last year as well.

Mr G
07-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Ever since the NYRA introduced online wagering for NY residents at nyrarewards.com that is all I have used to wager....

I love the fact that I can wager from home but as of yet they don't allow cancellation of any wagers online...I don't know if I called in would they cancel as I have never needed to call them but I do know there is no way you can cancel a wager online.

The only gripe I have with the NYRA Rewards wagering online is they have yet to figure out how to handle the large amounts of bets being placed on huge race days...The Kentucky Derby for example....Hopefully they are working on that and will get it together.