PDA

View Full Version : Slew's Horse to watch for Sunday: Ave's Halo

MeSlew
06-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Hello all! A rare occurrence for me to have three key horses in such a short period of time, but they are listed so I'm putting them out there for you. You can do with them what you will.

For Sunday, Slew has a key horse listed in the 5th at Belmont...Ave's Halo. This Harlan's Holiday filly is back on the turf after winning in an off the turf affair on June 14th. She was Slew's key horse that day too, off of her May 28th return to the races for Linda Rice where she ran a good 4th in a NYSB MSW affair. Not too sure she is ready to win in exceptional allowance company but this field looks to be one that puts her right in the mix, especially at 6-1 on the ML. It is a NY Statebred Nw1x on the turf.

On June 14th with the track listed as good, she sat off a contested pace and took over at the 1/8 pole and in the words of the chart caller:

"...dug in with good determination to turn back the late challenge of ANCHOVY...".

No, I'm not making this up. Of course, that was on her daddy's preferred surface but Ms. Rice knows her business and puts her back on the turf. Maybe she has big feet or something.

But if you are playing Belmont, you might take a look. Big feet or not, she remains Slew's Key horse for Sunday:

SLEW'S FAST HORSES for (07/01/12)

CURRENT KEY HORSES (< 90 DAYS)

Ave's Halo - Bel ( 5) 05/28/12 # 5

And as always...Good luck and good 'capping! - Slew