PDA

View Full Version : Take Control is back !

nijinski
06-29-2012, 11:44 PM
The $1.9 million , first foal of Azeri is back at age five tomorrow.
Baffert chooses an optional claimer at BHP race 8.
Wishing him success and a safe trip , he's been said to have had ongoing shin problems with several surgeries .
Hopefully it's all behind him !

iceknight
06-30-2012, 07:46 PM
The $1.9 million , first foal of Azeri is back at age five tomorrow.
Baffert chooses an optional claimer at BHP race 8.
Wishing him success and a safe trip , he's been said to have had ongoing shin problems with several surgeries .
Hopefully it's all behind him ! He just won, nipping the other horse close to the wire!! "Azeri's little boy" :) (race caller)

pandy
06-30-2012, 10:12 PM
He looks a lot like Azeri when he runs, same big stride. I didn't think he'd win off such a long layoff against what was a pretty good field. Classy horse.

nijinski
06-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Waited a long time for his return . Very happy he won . Gonna watch the replay.
Did he really say Azeri's little boy ? lol .

pele polo
06-30-2012, 11:02 PM
$7.7 million buy back at Keeneland '08. Not sure what Michael Paulson was thinking. If it's a record it'll probably stand for a loooong time.

Another horse off a two year layoff, John's Call (?) won Thursday at Hollywood beating Rail Trip in a stiff Allowance race, both looked really good. John raced at 2, took '09-'10, has come back to take 2 straight for Carla Gaines.

We'll probably see both of these hook somewhere at Del Mar or in the fall.

affirmedny
07-01-2012, 12:09 AM
A filly, Wine Princess, by Ghostzapper out of Azeri won the 10th at Churchill on Friday.

Sysonby
07-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Think the record is around $13 million for a Northern Dancer colt, Coolmore and the sheikh wouldn't give up on a bidding war

Anybody know for sure?

nijinski
07-01-2012, 12:30 AM
The Green Monkey maybe.

Sysonby
07-01-2012, 01:04 AM
It was Green Monkey, sold for $16million. Sire is Forestry. Couldn't run so he went to stud, his first crop should be two this year.

I was thinking Northern Dancer cause one of his colts was the first to be auctioned for more than $10 million

pele polo
07-01-2012, 01:37 AM
I meant buy back or Reserve not met.... 7.7 million has to be the record

Take Control went through the ring but was not sold. Highest bid was 7.7 million. Michael Paulson managing his fathers trust, decided it wasn't the right price. I believe he did not want to sell but was being forced to legally (I think) to liquidate. He may have later been removed as manager. Take Control went back through the ring the following April and sold for 5.5 million less. This was after the '08 economic meltdown.

pandy
07-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Interesting. I saw a Green Monkey firster running somewhere yesterday, not sure if he won.

classhandicapper
07-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Interesting. I saw a Green Monkey firster running somewhere yesterday, not sure if he won.

I think he was 5th.

nijinski
07-01-2012, 07:17 PM
A filly, Wine Princess, by Ghostzapper out of Azeri won the 10th at Churchill on Friday.
Good to have a couple at home . With champion and former HOY Azeri over in Japan ,we may not get to see much of , if any of her progeny run at home.

Hoping her runners here in the states keep doing well.