PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Gomez & Alan Garcia

pele polo
06-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Gomez is 10th in wins at the Bet-Wood meet. I thought business was just slow to pick up after his extensive travels over the past couple years to ride east coast stakes races and the Keeneland, Saratoga meets, but it's been slow to pick up for a while now and he isn't getting the mounts that he used to. And it's not like he's become Mike Smith who turns down mounts to just ride a few here and there.
Anybody know what's up?

That's the left coast, back over on the best coast, Alan Garcia has tailed off over the past couple years too but I see Kirian starting to use him more often. Wasn't there something said about his attitude a while back, which I thought was strange becuase he seems to have Guttierrez like demeanor.

GregReinhart
06-30-2012, 02:28 AM
I think Garrett's business took a blow when he got hurt and missed a bunch of time earlier this year - out of sight, out of mind - the fields are small and that jockey colony is packed. After he came back from the injury, he rode at Keeneland instead of staying home, which was another mistake. He had very few mounts at Keeneland while he could have built his business back up in CA instead.

I don't think he's been riding bad (he has a pile of 2nd place finishes) and hopefully things will pick up for him at Del Mar, which always has suited his riding style better.

ten2oneormore
06-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Every win Gomez gets is somewhat magnified because he was usually riding horses that Bejarano and Rosario passed on or got off to ride another in the race.I'm sure he'll start picking up now with Rosario gone but Bejarano has to be like a kid in a candy store.

As for Garcia he just isn't as good as his peers on the circuit and its just going to get harder with everyone making the pilgrimage to NYRA.Not knocking him,its like coming off the bench of the dream team.Plus Lezcano is really stepping up and riding well.

Beachbabe
06-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Garcia is winning at 20% for the year.
Not too shabby.

GregReinhart
06-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Garrett's having a fantastic day today

iceknight
06-30-2012, 08:27 PM
G Gomez just won 4 races on Saturday's card including the Grade 1 Shoemaker mile aboard Jeranimo (http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=7762627&registry=T) .

Striker
07-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Great day for GoGo today at BHP. I would expect to see more days like this one in the near future for him.

molson721
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I think Garrett's business took a blow when he got hurt and missed a bunch of time earlier this year - out of sight, out of mind - the fields are small and that jockey colony is packed. After he came back from the injury, he rode at Keeneland instead of staying home, which was another mistake. He had very few mounts at Keeneland while he could have built his business back up in CA instead.

I don't think he's been riding bad (he has a pile of 2nd place finishes) and hopefully things will pick up for him at Del Mar, which always has suited his riding style better.

The jockey colony is packed? With what?