PDA

View Full Version : SA Sat

SAL
01-10-2004, 03:22 PM
My Santa Anita picks for Saturday:

R1 - #5 Quietly Quick-Tough race. This runner has yet to get an opportunity to strut his stuff on a dry dirt track going long. I can excuse his last two, he’s not really bred for turf. Trainer thought highly enough of him to run him in stakes as a 3yo. Realistically placed, he should be right in it from the getgo.

R2 - #5 Wire Transfer-ML favorite goes to an inferior barn and ships in, so I think he’s vulnerable. This runner gets a barn upgrade, and I like the fact that he runs him here out of jail. And the first off the claim stats look good.

R3 – Pass.

R4 - #3 She’s Got Appeal-Rahy not my favorite sire of FTS. But this barn does halfway decent with them.

R5 - #French Rebel-Want a price on this one with the super long layoff. Good spot to return though, lots of pace signed up here. Like the last drill on this surface.

R6 - #2 Flatter Me Not-Like the connections here. Barn has done well with limited starters. Has shown a few good morning drills and the sire is OK with FTS.

R7 - #2 Cap Ferrat-Has changed barns since last unsuccessful try at this trip. Stevens sees fit to ride here.

R8 - #6 Domestic Dispute-He’s been knocking heads with the big 3yo’s. Plenty of pace signed up here, I expect him to make an impact in this field.

R9 - #4 Ring of Friendship-Has had trouble in his first two, not really a proven loser yet like many of these.